• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: David Jaffe says, "we all know a Bloodborne remake or remaster is in development" (based on journalist rumors)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have a wild guess that BluePoint is making this bloodborne remake and their "original content" game is bloodborne 2.
Doubt I'll be right, but there's a chance!
Or, now here me out.

They are working on the remake, and their original game is a new Castlevania.

But they did say "original content," not "game" specifically.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Just make a sequel, we don't need a remaster

Of all the FromSoft games, Bloodbourne is the one I'm least interested in playing through again
Without From's involvement? I don't think Sony will risk this.
I have a wild guess that BluePoint is making this bloodborne remake and their "original content" game is bloodborne 2.
Doubt I'll be right, but there's a chance!
I hope not. Bluepoint could barely get a remake right but a sequel?

Last edited:
Game only came out in 2015 😩
That's 8 years ago and Souls-likes have exploded into the mainstream since then, judging by the progressively increasing sales from Fromsoft. Dark 1 and 2 and Bloodborne each sold somewhere between 2 and 3 million from what I can find. Dark 3 sold 10 million. Sekiro sold 5 million. Elden Ring is over 20 million. It just seems like easy money on the table for Sony to remake/remaster Bloodborne and market it to new Souls-like fans as "From the creators of Elden Ring...".

Last edited:
Or, now here me out.

They are working on the remake, and their original game is a new Castlevania.

But they did say "original content," not "game" specifically.
They said "original content" and places ran with it assuming they meant new IP.
Letting BluePoint make a sequel would be original content but not a new IP. I think that's why they worded it like that.

Gaiff

Barely get a remake right? Have you played Demon's Souls remake?
It's phenomenal, I'd hardly call that barely getting it right.
Yes, and they took liberties with the art style for no good reason. The score and overall tone are quite different from the original. It's still a fine game because the base is great but they made a bunch of changes no one asked for. There's no way they wouldn't butcher a Bloodborne sequel. Bloodborne is also much more atmospheric and unique than Demon's Souls so getting it right would be even more challenging.

near

Gold Member

I can't stand people who source information and relay it completely incorrectly. Jaffe never said it was at the next showcase, nor that it was confirmed to be coming to PC & PS5. He just said that he KNOWS a Bloodborne remake/remaster is happening. I watched that video and unless I missed something, he never stated anything else on this.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Time for the Hopium !

Bloodborne remaster/remake at 60 fps could take sekiros throne !

It would be a nice time to newcomers from elden ring to play a real good From game

Yes Elden Ring sucks! Come at me 😝

(Still got the platinum trophy because I am a soulsborne whore)

Last edited:

tibia

Neo Member
Yes, and they took liberties with the art style for no good reason. The score and overall tone are quite different from the original. It's still a fine game because the base is great but they made a bunch of changes no one asked for. There's no way they wouldn't butcher a Bloodborne sequel. Bloodborne is also much more atmospheric and unique than Demon's Souls so getting it right would be even more challenging.
I agree with this mostly because of Bluepoint changing the music. Love demons souls, plat on ps3 and ps5. Beaten the game over 30 times. But the ps5 version missed several key points of the original because Bluepoint took liberty with the music. They didnt do a good job on those changes because they changed the mood of the original game.

Example 1: game select screen music. The original was an epic piece which felt like heroism. Loud and brave, youre about to go on an adventure. The ps5 version was sad and stupid. If the idea was tragedy, it still sucked.

Other music: Tower knight/penetrator music wasnt as upbeat as original. Flamelurker music wasnt as atmospheric. Maiden astrea i can see why some ppl might like it but it also changed the boss vibes.

This is just the music side and while these differences may seem minor to some, the original release was a unique experience that they altered and missed. I dont think Bluepoint should do original content using FROM IP.

spartan30gr

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

StueyDuck

I've said it before but I can imagine bluepoint working on multiple projects. But they did say, I'm sure of it, that they are making a new ip.

Sony bought porting studios as well. So a bloodborne PC + PS5 "port" remaster is definitely viable say from nixxes for example

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've said it before but I can imagine bluepoint working on multiple projects. But they did say, I'm sure of it, that they are making a new ip.

Sony bought porting studios as well. So a bloodborne PC + PS5 "port" remaster is definitely viable say from nixxes for example
They said that they were working on "original content." Now what the details of what that is, we won't know. Some speculate they were restoring the broken archstone for Demon's Souls DLC, others a Bloodborne sequel.

They also hinted at MGS and Castlevania in their Halloween tweet, etc.. But all of that could have been just mentioning popular franchises on past PS systems, since Syphon Filter, Silent Hill, Resistance, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, etc., were all mentioned as well.

Last edited:
Time for the Hopium !

Bloodborne remaster/remake at 60 fps could take sekiros throne !

It would be a nice time to newcomers from elden ring to play a real good From game

Yes Elden Ring sucks! Come at me 😝

(Still got the platinum trophy because I am a soulsborne whore)

The open world is just detrimental to Rlden Ring. 80% of the time you're in the open world sections which don't have that amazing Fromsoft world design

I imagine FROM would only allow it once Elden Ring ran its course sales wise. Now's the perfect time for Bloodborne while they continue work on the next souls title.
From doesn't have a choice if Sony decides to remake/remaster Bloodborne themselves.
Sony DOES own the franchise/ip after all.
From literally can't allow or disallow Sony from doing anything they feel like with it. They only have control over whether they themselves are involved in a potential remake/remaster.

Last edited:

I can't stand people who source information and relay it completely incorrectly. Jaffe never said it was at the next showcase, nor that it was confirmed to be coming to PC & PS5. He just said that he KNOWS a Bloodborne remake/remaster is happening. I watched that video and unless I missed something, he never stated anything else on this.

What a twit

They said that they were working on "original content." Now what the details of what that is, we won't know. Some speculate they were restoring the broken archstone for Demon's Souls DLC, others a Bloodborne sequel.

They also hinted at MGS and Castlevania in their Halloween tweet, etc.. But all of that could have been just mentioning popular franchises on past PS systems, since Syphon Filter, Silent Hill, Resistance, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, etc., were all mentioned as well.

[/URL]

i have no doubt they are working on Metal Gear... the Metal Gear "roar" in Demon's Souls remake was a dead giveaway :)

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
He only confirmed that he knows it's in development.

The fact that he says "we know" makes it sound like it's not even insider info, but something he considers common knowledge because it's been talked about a lot.

Which he's likely wrong about.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

It might be that Jaffe is just repeating what he's heard from Colin Moriarty, which Colin has since said he's less sure about now.

But I do think some sort of Bloodborne remaster (at the very least) is basically inevitable. Sony would be insane to ignore it forever.

It's the cool thing to say. Wait until the MGS remakes come out and we hear about the liberties taken with the exclamation point and cardboard box
The trick is to have never played the original. haha. I never played the original Demon's Souls. I did play MGS, but I probably wouldn't even remember things they change, and the things I think they'll change they'd have to, like reading a memory card or plugging in a controller to port 2, or looking at the back of the box . . .

The trick is to have never played the original. haha. I never played the original Demon's Souls. I did play MGS, but I probably wouldn't even remember things they change, and the things I think they'll change they'd have to, like reading a memory card or plugging in a controller to port 2, or looking at the back of the box . . .
Then you just don't get it, bro. That stupid remake added cobwebs in hallways and spires to rooftops. It totally ruined all the atmosphere. I can't even play either version anymore.

/s

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I platted the original, and the remake. Enjoyed both, especially the eyegasm the remake had.

I mean shit, there are architecture and enemy designs in Elden Ring that don't look much different than Bloodborne or this remake. Which shows that From was just limited by their tech at the time with their foray into creating this sub-genre.

Last edited:

FrankWza

It gets treated like the Psycho remake with Vince Vaughn. MGS will be willy Wonka with Johnny Depp
Then you just don't get it, bro. That stupid remake added cobwebs in hallways and spires to rooftops. It totally ruined all the atmosphere. I can't even play either version anymore.

/s
It took about a year and half for it to be consistently referred to as a remake instead of Remaster.

Tsaki

Hopefully not. I'd rather they let is sit and make it a PS6 launch exclusive. Matured (RDNA6?) RT hardware would make wonders with the game's atmosphere and PS5 is just not there at the moment. Also the further away it is from the original 2015 release the less people will bitch about it.

If they're doing a remake or remaster, I'd like there to be a collector's edition with the hunter statue. Or maybe lady Maria. Man, what an awesome boss fight that was

Rebel Without A Cause Good Luck GIF by Turner Classic Movies

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Remember when they hyped us into believing these visuals could happen on last gen....it says alot that we are years into next gen we havent seen anything on this level.
They did have videos of builds running on devkits that were released being played in real time. Very tight dungeon crawling, so visuals like that could be exploited more so.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Bloodeborn is fine like it is and if Sony wants to remake it, they should just wait for the launch of the PS6.

Top Bottom