• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny McBride in talks to join Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequel 'Alien Covenant'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via TheWrap

o2rfy4T.jpg

Following a hilarious run as Kenny Powers on HBO’s “Eastbound & Down,” Danny McBride is preparing to move from comedy to sci-fi, as he’s in early discussions to co-star in Ridley Scott‘s big-budget blockbuster “Alien: Covenant,” TheWrap has learned.

Michael Fassbender is reprising his role from “Prometheus,” and he’ll be joined by Katherine Waterston as the series’ new female lead.

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

While “Prometheus” grossed more than $400 million worldwide, “Alien: Covenant” is expected to launch a new “Alien” trilogy that will link “Prometheus” with Scott’s original “Alien” movie.

Curious casting choice.

I wonder if this 'trilogy' of films that connect Prometheus to Alien will all take place before Alien, or if at some point they will jump in after Aliens (perhaps Neill Blomkamp's film?), or even after Ressurection (though likely only acknowledging the first two films, even if they don't write the others out of canon.)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
He could totally play a serious role with some witty lines here and there.

Im okay with this.

Dead

well not really...yet
“Alien: Covenant” is expected to launch a new “Alien” trilogy that will link “Prometheus” with Scott’s original “Alien” movie.

That moment when you realize you're gonna need 3 more movies to unfuck the Prometheus script

I was looking for a suitable gif to express my reaction to this news; it turns out "Big Ass Titties" is not an ideal term for searching at work.

Jedi2016

Michael Fassbender is reprising his role from “Prometheus,” and he’ll be joined by Katherine Waterston as the series’ new female lead.
New female lead? Seriously, what the fuck? Not many actresses of Noomi's caliber these days, and she can easily keep up with Fassbender on his best day. The two of them, and how well they worked off each other, were the best thing about Prometheus.

Hopefully we at least get some auto/video logs from Shaw (either in the film or ARG stuff). Her character was interesting to me and seems obvious something goes wrong with her post-Prometheus adventure with David.

Dabanton

Prometheus was a beautiful looking movie but what an absolute hot mess the script was.

In a way this sound like a soft reboot.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Ain't nothing wrong with a space hillbilly in an Aliens film.

TyrantII

New female lead? Seriously, what the fuck? Not many actresses of Noomi's caliber these days, and she can easily keep up with Fassbender on his best day. The two of them, and how well they worked off each other, were the best thing about Prometheus.

Yup. Sounds like a retread of both Prometheus and Alien, when all I really wanted was Paradise Lost with Noomi and Fassbender playing off each other as they dive further into Dantes Inferno.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom