• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott Says Hard R Rating for Alien: Covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe 3 was a Fincher film...

Don't blame him for that. Blame the studio that micro-managed every creative decision Fincher made as well as the writing team for not having a finished script prior to shooting. Fincher has distanced himself from that film because it really, essentially, isn't his film.

Seeing Prometheus opening night in IMAX was awesome. Having my wife cling to me during the self-administered abortion scene was like an Icarus moment, the closest we would come to seeing Alien back when it released in theaters. While visually delightful, it was a very inconsistent and ultimately mediocre film.

injurai

Banned
Don't blame him for that. Blame the studio that micro-managed every creative decision Fincher made as well as the writing team for not having a finished script prior to shooting. Fincher has distanced himself from that film because it really, essentially, isn't his film.

Did I blame him? I'm saying it's hard to believe it's his work because it's so alien to his hand.

lazygecko

Promise R rating
Studio cuts it to PG-13 later anyway
Release R-rated Director's Cut after the theatrical run
Double profits!

Don't like Black Hawk Down, never saw KOH, forgot he made the Martian. Still. Prometheus and Robin Hood were so godawful.

You're right about Robin Hood. I don't like using the word "pointless" but if there is a movie- A well shot big budget movie with a classic story (Robin Hood is the largest franchise in terms of film based of it ever. There has been over 100 Robin Hood films. It speaks to the endearing theme of the film) and a massive technical effort that went into it, which ultimately was pointless, it would be Robin Hood.

But do me a solid, and watch KoH: Directors Cut. It's above American Gangster and Black Hawk Down, and on par with Gladiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom