• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-STAFF19

Neo Member
Really enjoying the overall depth the game has and I love the atmosphere. Ps4 pro with an ssd has been mostly smooth with very few bugs in about 6 hours of playtime. 4 hard crashes though, which is a bummer. Switched to 1080p, hoping for a bit of a boost in performance. Overall, very detailed world that is probably too ambitious for last gen consoles.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This world is so detailed at times I love it.

Walking back to my apartment saw some woman who had on no pants just some bathing shiny suit bottom w a sweater and I was like, yep, I see people in stores with sweatpants & pajamas now, it is only a matter of time before standards devolve to this. Lol

Last edited:

Eric187

Banned
I’ve been playing about 8 hours now and haven’t seen the so called title screen? At what point does this happen in the story?

sobaka770

Banned
I’ve been playing about 8 hours now and haven’t seen the so called title screen? At what point does this happen in the story?

There is a title screen, I got there after 7 hours by doing main quest mostly. Honestly this game is outrageously good. It will be simply perfect after 1-2 patches and I feel like the potential for DLC in this huge city is virtually endless.

The only downside is that the story has such strong momentum that it's not clear to me when am I supposed to do all the side-missions that are thrown at me. It was kind of similar in the Witcher where the goal is to find Ciri but here the pressure to do the main quest is even higher.

Eric187

Banned
There is a title screen, I got there after 7 hours by doing main quest mostly. Honestly this game is outrageously good. It will be simply perfect after 1-2 patches and I feel like the potential for DLC in this huge city is virtually endless.

The only downside is that the story has such strong momentum that it's not clear to me when am I supposed to do all the side-missions that are thrown at me. It was kind of similar in the Witcher where the goal is to find Ciri but here the pressure to do the main quest is even higher.
At what point in the story do you reach the title screen? Just wondering

Komatsu

I remember hearing somewhere that the game has some romance / sex options. Anyone know for sure?

If so, I really hope Jackie is an option in some fashion for female V. I'll even duel Misty for him. He's a big, cuddly badass.

There are straight and LGBT romance options in the game, though I would not want to spoil which ones are there for you.

BeardGawd

Banned
People seriously had me prepared to be severely disappointed! Don't be!! Graphics are phenomenal!! Framerate has been silky smooth!! Atmosphere is amazing!! This game looks and plays beautifully on Series X so far! I see no need to wait for a nextgen patch! If you are on the fence don't be!

WNkD5YU.png

gG3dawm.png

62P3qQx.png

IohUuvH.jpg

WCxQreF.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Interesting that there is not any screetching about nudity...good change, I welcome it. It's great that Slavic anti-PC master race is still up. I played through some sequence now, which with the music totally blew my mind. So dope...

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was messing with some settings and replayed the evac sequence, and out of curiosity when they said "take 5 steps back!" I walked towards them and they tased my ass. Then I stood up and on the way out they did it again. Afterwards Jackie goes "Look like it hurt. You should've followed orders." :messenger_grinning_sweat: I like that outcome way better. I'm going to be a little fucker at every chance.

webber

Can't believe I last minute pre ordered it for base PS4 only for it to be unplayable.
Pretty disappointed in CDPR. Worthy of a refund.
The asset streaming in this game is so bad that it fucks up both the analog sticks sensitivies and responsiveness.
I can't play this game because my character movement AND aim keeps drifting around like Tokyo Drift. I tried increasing dead zone but the game is just that bad...
Like WTF CDPR!?
Blurry as fuck too.
Bad pop in and streaming...
Jesus.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Can't believe I last minute pre ordered it for base PS4 only for it to be unplayable.
Pretty disappointed in CDPR. Worthy of a refund.
The asset streaming in this game is so bad that it fucks up both the analog sticks sensitivies and responsiveness.
I can't play this game because my character movement AND aim keeps drifting around like Tokyo Drift. I tried increasing dead zone but the game is just that bad...
Like WTF CDPR!?
Blurry as fuck too.
Bad pop in and streaming...
Jesus.
What were you expecting from a 1.8TF machine 🤔🤷‍♀️😄

Hey Blinkin

I'm blown away so far. Game looks great to me on the XSX. I turned off motion blur and chromatic abberation though.

There's so much going on in the world that it's easy to just get lost. It's a good sense of overwhelming.

I'm gonna put so much time in this.

Odradek

Banned
Playing the PS4 version on PS5 now and it’s shameful how behind they are with the console versions.

This shit looks worse than a lot of early PS4 titles.

KO7

Apologies if this has been answered many times already, but I just got my disc version today and played a bit before dinner time:

For those who chose Nomad, is there much to do in the Badlands initially, before you meet up with Jackie and enter Night City? Did I goof up by making a bee line to Jackie instead of exploring the Badlands a bit? Will startover with a new game if so.

Btw, the game looks great to me so far on XsX. Dolby Atmos audio through Arctis 1 Wireless headphones sounds great too.

Last edited:
The game should have become Next Gen only I fully agree that anyone playing on PS4 or XB1 systems should be entitled a refund if they're unhappy. The game is a next-gen game, it's just too much for the old hardware.

I feel like the devs made certain limiting choices based on the expectations of fitting it on the older consoles as well. Not as much building destruction as I think they wanted (it's random which walls will be destroyable or not) and I believe it was because they thought they could just lower the res and settings for the bottom consoles but honestly, it's just too much for them and they should have known long ago.

Apologies if this has been answered many times already, but I just got my disc version today and played a bit before dinner time:

For those who chose Nomad, is there much to do in the Badlands initially, before you meet up with Jackie and enter Night City? Did I goof up by making a bee line to Jackie instead of exploring the Badlands a bit? Will startover with a new game if so.

Btw, the game looks great to me so far on XsX. Dolby Atmos audio through Arctis 1 Wireless headphones sound great too.

You're kept in a little box and they don't let you stray far from the path. Don't bother restarting.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KO7

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I remember hearing somewhere that the game has some romance / sex options. Anyone know for sure?

If so, I really hope Jackie is an option in some fashion for female V. I'll even duel Misty for him. He's a big, cuddly badass.
During the StreetKid montage there was a brief scene with Jackie on the bed and female V at the sink doing something. Looked like something 'intimate' happened.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how to get new crafting specs? Only getting the ones you get for finding an iconic weapon. Was hoping for crafting specs for attachments, mods, and consumables

I just wanted to say that I love your avatar! It's always nice to see a Goldeneye 007 reference, as it brings back such fond memories🤘

Does he ever say something nice about anything? All he does is slink around in the shadows, writhing his hands together while giggling maniacally at the game developers of the world, trying desperately to find a weak spot in their armor that he can slip into and then libel and discredit them with his "journalism".

He's typical of a modern gamer; depressed, unfulfilled, expecting too much from his entertainment and of course pretentious.

CloudNull

Banned
At what point in the story do you reach the title screen? Just wondering

Right after a crucial moment in the story. You’ll know it. It’s very emotional.... I’d not want to say anymore. It’s after you go to the tower dressed in a suit.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have no sympathy for these screeching console players. you shouldn’t have pre ordered. it’s shitty CDPR put the game out in this state on consoles but it’s not their fault you decide to blindly hand over your money.

the game is beyond all hope on last gen consoles. if you’re not happy with it then sell it and go play something else. IMO you should NOT be entitled to a refund. if you have a current gen console then there is hope because it should be a good experience when the 2021 update is out.

the game is actually really good. I have a good PC and it has no right to run this well. what they’ve done with the city is mind blowing. there is nothing else like it in any other video game.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
Anyone know how to get new crafting specs? Only getting the ones you get for finding an iconic weapon. Was hoping for crafting specs for attachments, mods, and consumables
Seconded. Over 12 hours in and still no mod recipes to craft. Maybe a skill that needs to be unlocked?

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Seconded. Over 12 hours in and still no mod recipes to craft. Maybe a skill that needs to be unlocked?
I have high crafting and a good amount spread in crafting skills, haven’t seen any skills that would open it

I’m going to start searching NPC vendors, as I’m running out of ideas

edit: I recently got the skill that auto breaks down junk into parts. Wish I got it earlier, you get crafting xp literally every time you pick up a piece of junk

Last edited by a moderator:

Bombolone

Gold Member
Just finished a little bit more.
How do you guys rate the gunplay? I know a lot of people were sceptical, but what I've seen so far is rather good!
I'm more than ok with it. The weapons look cool. ADS attachments are cool. Just loving the overall package.
Glad they went first person.
Some of these moments so far are innnntense (flathead deal)
CDPR really knows how to nail atmosphere

Last edited:

Rockman

Typically game launch bugs don't bother me much but man this one is a real shitfest. I would ask for a refund but knowing Sony and their PSN store policy It's not even worth the attempt. Playing on PS5. Framerate hasn't been an issue for me but the texture pop in, textures not loading at all, model collision, and with HDR broken it's been a disappointing experience. It's a shame. I really want to play and enjoy this game but it's difficult at the current state.

Jebron

Sounds like those people need to upgrade their hardware
Seriously, I'm having a hard time understanding people complaining about last-gen hardware performance. Everyone is universally aware of how underpowered these machines are, stop bitching because you're choosing to play the game on a toaster.

Maddux4164

5 hours in on PS5 only 2 tiny bugs and no crashes. Game is a bit blurry but otherwise plays like a dream.
Strictly in regards to PS5/XSX is seems to be a mixed bag on this forum. Some say it’s amazing and runs great etc

Others disagree

perhaps those that disagree expected 4K/60 or something? (Through BC mode)

Ok I am 7/8+hours in (probably more?) and I am finally past the title screen. my god some amazing sequences right after hitting the title with Jonny.

once I got back into the world I went and did a gig and it was amazing- infiltrating a vehicle yard to steal a van. Went full stealth through and it was really satisfying. If this is just a ‘gig’ and not a proper mission I am very impressed.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So, performance tanks on ps5 when in the middle of the city, I’m pretty sure it gets to sub 30.

I’m not happy about it at all

The PS5 impressions I've seen don't look that promising. I think I'll still wait for the Digital Foundry video on it, but I may opt to get it on PC instead despite it having a weaker GPU than the PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom