• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Comparison - Xbox Series X vs. Xbox Series S vs. Xbox One S vs. PS5 vs. PS4

K.S v2.0

Banned
Selling something that was hyped up for 7 years on then brand new consoles but that then isn't really playable (15-20fps) on those same consoles. Not to mention hiding that fact by not showing the base gen 8 console versions AT ALL; deceptive practices if I've ever seen any.

Yeah sorry, no... you're going to get laughed out of court if you try to bring a lawsuit on those grounds.

First off, 'hype' is YOUR (the consumer, not you specifically) fault. If someone chooses of their own free will to get excited for a product, that's on them.

Secondly, CDPR has never ever, not even once, advertised that base last gen vers will DEFINITELY, GUARANTEED, run at X framerate. Ever. The game runs, and contrary to what you believe, 15-20 fps is 'playable'. There are people who can and will play it at that and probably not give a crap either. These are the same people who can play Switch ports of AAA games that barely run at 30fps and actually think its great.

I've said in other threads and I'll say it again, people like us, the graphic whores and performance whores on this site and many others, are NOT the norm.

It doesn't matter what 'current expected standard' is, there is no WRITTEN LAW binding a company saying a game MUST ABSOLUTELY run at X framerate. There never has been and there never will be.

Is it shitty and scummy of CDPR to do this to last gen console owners? Yeah, it is. But sadly it is not something you can actually sue them over.

Batiman

Banned
What a disaster..... Fuck reviewers for real. Unless it was only the PC version only they reviewed.
And shame on CDPR. Had such high hopes from this studio. What a scam

Romulus

Basically, everyone getting this today and the next month is playtesting it for the rest of us lol. This is pretty much an open beta to the public with their struggle to meet release day and the obvious state of this game. You guys report those bugs please, I'm not dealing with them.

Last edited:
you gotta remember, when the PS4 and Xbox one came out they weren't even like super awesome in performance. It's not like the jump from PS1 to PS2, or from now PS4 to PS5, where the hardware difference is massive. AMD gave their best for the time, and it was clear in that time that AMD didn't have the greatest CPU for the console. It's been 7 years since they came out and they are on their last of legs. We have no idea what went into the creation of this game. I pretty much suspect the CPU to be the biggest bottleneck of the PS4/XB1 because even when I play on PC I have noticed the CPU usage can increase rapidly even on my i7 6700k. The old hardware must be running at 100% pretty much the entire time.

vkbest

you gotta remember, when the PS4 and Xbox one came out they weren't even like super awesome in performance. It's not like the jump from PS1 to PS2, or from now PS4 to PS5, where the hardware difference is massive. AMD gave their best for the time, and it was clear in that time that AMD didn't have the greatest CPU for the console. It's been 7 years since they came out and they are on their last of legs. We have no idea what went into the creation of this game. I pretty much suspect the CPU to be the biggest bottleneck of the PS4/XB1 because even when I play on PC I have noticed the CPU usage can increase rapidly even on my i7 6700k. The old hardware must be running at 100% pretty much the entire time.

I don't buy the "hardware" problem. You can run RDR2 on PS4 the most part of game at 1080p/30fps on PS4. Horizon, GOW, etc. This game is pretty bad optimized. Even on PC the IA is not advanced and you can see NPC disappearing in front you.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Yeah sorry, no... you're going to get laughed out of court if you try to bring a lawsuit on those grounds.

First off, 'hype' is YOUR (the consumer, not you specifically) fault. If someone chooses of their own free will to get excited for a product, that's on them.

Secondly, CDPR has never ever, not even once, advertised that base last gen vers will DEFINITELY, GUARANTEED, run at X framerate. Ever. The game runs, and contrary to what you believe, 15-20 fps is 'playable'. There are people who can and will play it at that and probably not give a crap either. These are the same people who can play Switch ports of AAA games that barely run at 30fps and actually think its great.

I've said in other threads and I'll say it again, people like us, the graphic whores and performance whores on this site and many others, are NOT the norm.

It doesn't matter what 'current expected standard' is, there is no WRITTEN LAW binding a company saying a game MUST ABSOLUTELY run at X framerate. There never has been and there never will be.

Is it shitty and scummy of CDPR to do this to last gen console owners? Yeah, it is. But sadly it is not something you can actually sue them over.
Yeah I never said I was the one that was bringing the class action suit or that it would be successful, all I said is that it wouldn't surprise me if there was one, because I've seen some way more dubious ones over the years.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Yeah I never said I was the one that was bringing the class action suit or that it would be successful, all I said is that it wouldn't surprise me if there was one, because I've seen some way more dubious ones over the years.

Yeah I actually agree with you on that... Someone is going to get pissed enough at the 15-20fps to actually try and sue. Assuming they can find a lawyer who will take the case.

K.S v2.0

Banned

Its definitely the CPU. Remember PS4 and Xbone are running on AMD LAPTOP CPU's (Jaguar? or something), that are also just garbage CPU's in general. So not only are they potatoes in toasters, they're a SHIT potato in a toaster. PS5 and XSX are better simply coz they are running the latest Ryzen... but last gen was true utter garbage.

aries_71

here's a crazy idea that'll never catch on: don't pre order.

I didn’t preorder it, since I only buy digital games and to me there’s not any advantage to doing it. Anyway, I don’t know what that has to do with the shady strategy that they chose to follow during launch.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
DopeyConcernedGreatargus-size_restricted.gif

Aenima

If you have PS5 and XSX (or older consoles) go to graphics and disable those terrible filters such as Aberration chromatic. The game is not the sharpest game there, but those filter are blurring the image.
So happy that they included the option to disable Chromatic Aberration. Worst visual effect invented. Whoever made Chromatic Aberration a thing for games, hey, i HATE you.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Enjoying it so far on the series x but man think it needs more time in the oven. My guys dick is hanging out of his pants on the character screen...

Also during that 1st mission saving the girl dude with me walked thru the lockers at end of mission flinging them all over the room lol.

Good stuff but think they one up Bethesda.

j0hnnix

Enjoying it so far on the series x but man think it needs more time in the oven. My guys dick is hanging out of his pants on the character screen...

Also during that 1st mission saving the girl dude with me walked thru the lockers at end of mission flinging them all over the room lol.

Good stuff but think they one up Bethesda.

Ubisoft says hi.

Luipadre

Played 3 hours on PS5, already crashed once and this is my first game crash on the console... gfx is early PS4 days bad and the game is filled with bugs. Feels like an early access title. I stopped playing it until some patches + the nextgen upgrade

evanft

I'm gonna say something.

If you're on PS4 or Xbox One, no matter which variant, then this game should be skipped. If you're on a card below a 2080S, then this game should be skipped.

The ray tracing and performance of this game are such that you really need to be on a beastly PC right now to properly experience it. I'd wait for the next-gen update or until you've upgraded your PC. Game should be cheaper by then, anyways.

absolutely. Waiting for this to settle is not a problem. Thankfully that PS5 launch lineup gets stronger and stronger and makes the wait a non issue. There’s plenty to play and plenty coming to keep us busy. There was a poll thread and most console players voted to wait there too.

Makes sense. I actually just played the first ten minutes on the Series X to see what all the fuss is about. Looked great to me (had it set on quality mode) - played the first couple of things you need to do and was just thinking ‘maybe I will play it actually’ when it crashed:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Back to waiting for patches! Way less frustrating.

OrtizTwelve

Been playing this on my Series S since last night and I can share a few personal takeaways for anyone interested:

- Seems to run at 30 FPS? Probably because it's just the ONE S version and not optimized for X/S consoles -- and due to better hardware it just runs better. Now that I saw the video yeah it's 30 FPS. I am also running with all graphical settings left ON by default. That ONE S and PS4 version is atrocious though on those consoles. If that's what people are getting on recent gen consoles I would advise to not buy it unless you're on next gen or PC.
- Overall runs smooth, haven't really noticed any frame dips or anything serious that kills gameplay. It's fine.
- Graphics are "muddy" I guess as some people have said but on the other hand there's a lot of detail in this game, it's hard to explain but requires a hands on experience to understand what I mean. Good effects though.
- Weapons are cool and the immersive feeling of fighting and shooting really makes sense from this perspective as opposed to third person
- Good writing and voice work, I can tell they spent a lot of time crafting a real story with this game
- Driving mechanics is pretty easy, kinda like GTA V.
- Overall still early in the game but for people who want to disconnect for a bit and get involved in an immersive game, I guess it's OK to spend $59 US on this, I'm happy with the purchase and it's a unique game.

GHG

What a disaster..... Fuck reviewers for real. Unless it was only the PC version only they reviewed.

It was.

CDPR didn't send review codes/copies out for any other platform.

In this instance the reviewers genuinely had no idea how it would run on consoles, regardless of whether they were the next gen consoles or the base consoles from last gen.

That's the very reason why some reviewers who like to be comprehensive in their work (ACG for example) decided to wait until after launch to review the game so that they can give their audience the full picture.

If these journalists had any balls about them they would have got together and questioned why CDPR were not allowing the console versions to be reviewed prior to launch and they could have all collectively said it's unacceptable (along with the fact that they were only allowed to use B-roll in their pre-release reviews).

Bunch of soft cucks, the lot of them. Very few reviewers can come out of this with their heads held high in my opinion.

Last edited:
They really need to give us a timeline for when the actual XsX and PS5 versions are to be released.

I have no idea why they rushed this game out if its this bad and then they knew the next consoles were coming out this year, so why weren't they ready?

So glad I decided to hold off on buying this game

Leyasu

Banned
They really need to give us a timeline for when the actual XsX and PS5 versions are to be released.
I have not bought this and was waiting for the upgrade.

Now though, I will wait for a complete test from DF before buying. I don't have much faith in the next gen upgraded versions either. I hope that I am wrong though

GHG

How can you even say that when we’ve only been given that one gameplay trailer?

So we are going to ignore all the years that game was in development for?

If you think Halo Infinite is going to come anywhere near this game in terms of scope then I have a bridge to sell to you.

AnotherOne

Played it on a cx with xsx performance mode and to me doesn't look too bad but its definitely not a sharp looking game even after turning off film grain, motion blur etc.

Javthusiast

Banned
Great, my ps4 copy arrives friday and apparently it's unplayable shite. I don't have a gaming pc, just a new Series S.

Bought physical for ps4, cause it was cheaper than digital Xbox version and it comes with some goodies.

Pretty fucked up for them to release the game in this state. Should have pushed to 2021 on consoles at least.

There is no excuse if games like Horizon, rdr2, Spider-Man, the huge ass AssCreeds all can run well on even base consoles.

thelastword

Banned
You know the crazy thing is, they never allowed the console versions to be reviewed with such awful performance and bugs galore, even the PC version is a mess but people are swooning about graphics and are ready to burn the Gamespot reviewer at the stake......No other game shipping like this would have had these reviews....

CDPR was only interested in getting the best reviews out, no footage from reviewers, BROLL only until today, no console reviews because they knew the reviews for consoles would be worse and tank the Meta.......They did everything to ensure that their score was the highest it could and people would buy in droves before they got to know what was going on.........I saw some footage earlier, XBOX ONE S is 15fps average, this is the CDPR people are praising......Witcher 3 was only the precursor as to how awful these guys are on console and if you want this game to look decent, you need to play at 4K ultra on a 3090......RT in this game does not justify the high performance penalty, in many cases, RT off looks better and you could clearly see where developers are clearly leaving good rasterization techniques on the table in order to push the RT narrative....Places they would have more light sources, better shadows, better AO, they do not implement traditional methods that still look good, so they could contrast with RT and say the differences are massive.....This is to Nvidia's benefit as it presses people to buy an Nvidia card....."The media is in on it too "The differences is massive with RT on, it's generational says the gaming tech tubers"....Yet the reality is, even with gimped rasterization techniques, it's not...The difference is not massive.

Can you believe people were saying way back in Turing days, that they would buy a 2060S or 2070 for Cyberpunk? Yet, how this game fares with these cards with RT on release is something to behold......Even Ampere 3090 is struggling, the promise of game changing RT has caused people to buy many expensive NV cards on promise and now they declare a non native feature as the holy grail because it's the only way they can get ok RT performance.......$1500 card, but to lock this at 60fps you need to use 1080p DLSS RT......I guess last gen consoles had no chance in this war....

So we are going to ignore all the years that game was in development for?

If you think Halo Infinite is going to come anywhere near this game in terms of scope then I have a bridge to sell to you.
I guess it depends on what you think makes it ambitious. Infinite will be open world. It will even have a multiplayer component which Cyberpunk doesn’t have. It’s not trying to create a living city but l wouldn’t expect that in a halo game. Infinite could be diverse it’s own way we just don’t know yet.

howitis3

Great, my ps4 copy arrives friday and apparently it's unplayable shite. I don't have a gaming pc, just a new Series S.

Bought physical for ps4, cause it was cheaper than digital Xbox version and it comes with some goodies.

Pretty fucked up for them to release the game in this state. Should have pushed to 2021 on consoles at least.

There is no excuse if games like Horizon, rdr2, Spider-Man, the huge ass AssCreeds all can run well on even base consoles.

game should have been delayed for the lesser consoles

Top Bottom