• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Comparison - Xbox Series X vs. Xbox Series S vs. Xbox One S vs. PS5 vs. PS4

Mr Moose

Still looks like shit compared to this lol.

Eo5SxiAXcAAvffl
Adjust the gamma/brightness until it matches.

Mr Moose

Yes, XBSX matches a 3080 with better effects, RT and resolution. Lol :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I'm not saying it looks good on console, it doesn't, shit is straight up blurry especially if you're running (and it doesn't "fix" itself until you stop running and wait a second or two), but that PC pic is too dark.

It drops to around 50fps when it streams new data but otherwise it's usually stable at 60fps, even in the big city from the footage I have watched.

Beware, they are comparing the XSX version running at 30fps against the PS5 version running at 60fps. But in the 60fps mode the PS5 version is outperforming (with a big gap) the XSX version.

No. The XSX version here runs at 30fps.
Seen the video and the frame drops are really questionable. Sometimes the frame drops to high 40s but nothing of note is going on the in the screen. MC is just talking to a NPC. Signs of very badly optimized game. Or the console ports are not designed to take advantage of higher end hardware.

Seen the video and the frame drops are really questionable. Sometimes the frame drops to high 40s but nothing of note is going on the in the screen. MC is just talking to a NPC. Signs of very badly optimized game. Or the console ports are not designed to take advantage of higher end hardware.
Apparently it was a bug. Not visible in another video posted earlier. The whole scene is locked 60fps there.

Chukhopops

This is not a joke, it actually looks this bad on Series X. Console version is absolute joke, Night City is turned into ghost town because of weak cpu. Either play on PC or wait for PS5 next gen patch/ Series X tools. Empty streets are deal breaker in game like this.
Ghost town is a massive exaggeration, I just tested on SX and you can have 25 NPCs on screen without any issue. The crazy part is how each of them looks different with different body shapes, dress styles etc.

The game has very flat lightning and a soft, somewhat greasy image with the upscaling but aside from that it doesn’t look bad at all.

wow the game is terrible on original xbox
Original xbox means the first xbox before xbox 360, not xbox one.

Yeah, their naming is retarded. Saying xbox is technically the first xbox, but people usually call it "OG xbox/original xbox"

You made it sound like it would run on 20 years old console :messenger_beaming:

Who the fooking and freaking hell does care about this comparison ??? This Game must be played on a RTX 3080, there is nothing more to say. I'm not a PC gamer, I never was, but a part of me is thinking about...maybe a beast of a PC built around a RTX 3080, beside the PS5, for me, I say again, for me the best combination of Next Gen.

I'm assuming the 100,000,000+ people out there who own ps4's and Xbox one's and may be interested in the game. Crazy, I know.

Zuzu

I feel scammed playing this on base PS4 now.

If you can, try and get a refund. Companies shouldn't receive money when they put out a product like this. Sustained, sub-20fps performance in many gameplay situations is unacceptable.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
From other forum. Both using performance mode:
PS5 - Peak Resolution: 2176x936
Fucking hell. no wonder the game looks so blurry. why didnt they just make it 1080p. same number of pixels.

and whats the resolution of the base ps4? im assuming this is the pro version BC.

GloveSlap

I'm hyped for the game, but I have no problem waiting for the glitches and performance to get worked out. Not sure whether ill get it on on next-gen or PC at that point. I might even wait for the 3080ti/4080 to come out before upgrading my PC, as the game should run like a dream by then.

Last edited:

Caio

I'm assuming the 100,000,000+ people out there who own ps4's and Xbox one's and may be interested in the game. Crazy, I know.

This game runs like crap on X1 and PS4, this Game should never happen on last gen. And you are right, now people know and don't waste their money.

Cherrypepsi

I know that I shouldn’t feed the trolls. Look here. Both not great.

Not the best comparison

He compares the visuals of xsx 30fps mode against ps5, of course it comes out on top.

You can see there are no adjustments made to the ps4 pro version apart from removing the 30fps cap.

If I had a next gen console, I'd wait.
Damn... So much potential left on the table on both sides.

meech

Inexcusable. Red Dead Redemption 2 looks decent( not much worse than Cyberpunk,if at all) even on the Ps4, but doesnt has such a low framerate. This should be something Cd Project can achieve, but they wanted the big bucks instead of delaying the game further.

ruvikx

Banned

I think there are some good points made in this video.

At this point though there needs to be some sort of self-awareness on all sides, i.e. Cyberpunk 2077 is 70 euros on the ps store. It runs like dogshit on the base ps4 (user reviews on jeux-video.com & elsewhere are cataclysmic), so CD Projekt Red should not have released it in that state. Their reputation is taking a pretty big hit here.

But...

Why the hell are people splurging 70 euros for a ps4 game (for a seven year old console) when a digital edition ps5 is 400 euros? Okay sure there's a supply problem right now, but people should use their money more wisely. If someone can afford a 70 euro new ps4 game, then it's not a stretch to say a little saving here & there & some patience = getting a ps5 in the near future.

Last edited:

yurinka

Have you seen the frame rate analysis parts of that video?! lol
XSX has 2 modes:
-One it's basically the same as the PS5 (1224p) at stable 60fps but not as rock solid on XSX in some stress areas (has the dips shown in the previous post).
-The other is capped to 30fps but adds better resolution (1800p), textures, shadows, npc density, etc.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
The last part is running better on PS5, car chase on night, no drop. But as it is BC, what are exactly the real settings for each version ? Difficult to compare in such situation.
Honestly, I don’t really care. The game is a mess. I don’t even think that the next gen upgrades will sort it out either.

But PS5 still miles better.

Lol. Fanboy alert.

PS5 - 60fps with occasional dips

Xbox - 60fps with a few more occasional dips (due to higher res, more graphical quality and more assets like crowds and cars). This is what digital foundry has pointed out.

How does that make the ps5 miles better? At minimum I'd say they are equal, with the Xbox being slightly better.

Last edited:

RayHell

The worst thing about this game is that it seems to be only leveraging his partnership with Nvidia. It's not a last gen game cause you get 20 FPS on Xbox One, it's not a current Gen because it's running on BC and even on PC if you have AMD latest hardware you're in no luck cause you cannot play with Ray Tracing on. So basically it's running like shit on pretty much every AMD hardware. "When it's ready" they say....

Glad I picked the PC version.

When did console gamers get so uppity? Was it the promise of PS5 and XSX? I remember I time when they y were just happy to get some form of a port of a PC centric title on their platform. Now they feel they're entitled to console exclusive quality? Weird.

Mr Moose

Lol. Fanboy alert.

PS5 - 60fps with occasional dips

Xbox - 60fps with a few more occasional dips (due to higher res, more graphical quality and more assets like crowds and cars). This is what digital foundry has pointed out.

How does that make the ps5 miles better? At minimum I'd say they are equal, with the Xbox being slightly better.
No they didn't.

EDMIX

Seriously, using this game to measure any machine's potential is nonsense. The technical aspects of it are all fucked up on every single console they released. Period.

Agreed. I'll give my impressions in a few days once I've had more time with it, I'll keep it short. Several crashes on PS4 Pro, the first of which came literally 10 minutes after starting the game. Lips not moving, phones stuck in peoples faces, a man sitting at a table eating invisible food, audio cutting out, freezes and the classic crash, all after the 1.04 patch.

I see no reason for anyone to pretend that this is normal or that sub 720p and 15 to 20 frames is a standard or normal setting or something. This game is a mess on all platforms. Watching people play using a 3090 and seeing crashes, people flying in the air randomly, lips stop moving when they speak, audio cutting out etc shows this has nothing to do with their set up or PS4 or PS5 or Series X etc.

I don't buy that with all the other games on the market that look better then this title that actually can run properly.

MarkMe2525

I've employed the quality mode with my game motion plus interpolation on my tv for awesome results. For me, the cut backs to 60 fps mode were too much. Samsung's interpolation makes it feel like a high fps game with unnoticeable amounts of input lag, at least on this game.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
What GPU does it take to run this game at 60fps on the PC without DLSS at 1400p (assuming med-high settings)?

But PS5 still miles better.

XSX is by far the best console to play this game on. How is this even a question?

They also today released a new patch, which makes the XSX even look MUCH better:

85f2i5zmpt461.jpg

I’m really blown away by how much they improved visuals and performance just two days after release. It looks and plays amazingly well on Series X now. I’m super happy about the drastic improvements.

RayHell

When did console gamers get so uppity? Was it the promise of PS5 and XSX? I remember I time when they y were just happy to get some form of a port of a PC centric title on their platform. Now they feel they're entitled to console exclusive quality? Weird.
Wtf is this comment. People paid full price for their game and get barrely 20fps but they should accept that because of the luck they have to get a version for their console? Are you for real?

Top Bottom