• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Comparison - Xbox Series X vs. Xbox Series S vs. Xbox One S vs. PS5 vs. PS4

EDMIX

When you own a PS4 Pro and the video just says PS4 / PS5

245.gif

Pallas

Damn. That’s a stark difference between Xbox One/S, PS4 vs Series X, PS5 and it seems like Series S is in a nice in between place.

Didnt hear much about the Xbox One X(What I will be playing on)other than it performs decently, I’m hoping it doesn’t suffer the same fate as the One S though and nothing on the PS4 Pro?

Edit: Can we get the name of the YouTuber added to the thread title?

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
but i cant even buy a fucking ps5 anywhere nor a 3x card the fuck and I dont want spoilers so i must sacrifice my ps4

Gotta one-up this post. Closest I got was to be three hours "in line" on Walmart.com. They never intended to sell me a PS5 but they kept me in the queue for two hours and change. Kind of miserable PR when a google of "PS5" results in a "Play Has No Limits" marquee. It obviously does and the limit is a pandemic-impacted supply line and don't you dare tell me otherwise, you absolute bastards.

Don't even get me started on trying to secure a 3080.

scalman

should bebetter on xsx because it runs x1x version which should be better then ps4 pro that runs ps5. what to compare here anyway? how next gen consoles runs last gen game build in BC mode ?

Image looks sharper on PS5.

I'm quite surprised as I expected it to be sharper on XSX since it's running BC off the more powerful X1X and XSX has been handling BC better than PS5.

😭 RIP to XB1S owners, that shit looks completely unplayable. Base PS4 looks bad too but not as bad as the XB1S.

Last edited:

Impulsor

I can't really identify much of a difference by looking at these videos. I'll wait for Digital Foundry.

In any case, wow those base consoles, what a disaster.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Christmas too. The time to get this out the door is now.
I don't think another delay would've changed anything. They had 7 years to get it running on base consoles and they failed. Those versions should've been scraped. So many people that don't follow internet gaming news are going to buy it for their base console and be utterly crushed when they play it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't think another delay would've changed anything. They had 7 years to get it running on base consoles and they failed. Those versions should've been scraped. So many people that don't follow internet gaming news are going to buy it for their base console and be utterly crushed when they play it.
Skip last gen is skipping 150 million console base. A next gen only strategy would be a sales base of PC + maybe 3 million next gen consoles + games sold for people who buy more next gen systems over the years. And like all games (even GTA, COD, FIFA) only a certain % of the user base will buy a hugely popular game. So maybe 2077 is like COD or GTA and 25% of the next gen user base buys over the next 3 years before it fizzles out.

But last gen, there's immediately 150 million more pieces of hardware to sell to, and just about every gamer has heard of this game at some point so they are ripe to buy.

Man, the XO and PS4 version should not have been released. Dropping below 15fps in a first person game is just unacceptable.

This is clearly a next gen game, and 8th gen systems just are not up to trying to run it.

I'm quite surprised as I expected it to be sharper on XSX since it's running BC off the more powerful X1X and XSX has been handling BC better than PS5.

😭 RIP to XB1S owners, that shit looks completely unplayable. Base PS4 looks bad too but not as bad as the XB1S.

It's super variable. The XSX solution is definitely better overall, but mostly due to supporting more modes and a wider library of games, with additional automated higher resolution rendering tech for games that didn't natively have the option available.

The PS5 is entirely dependent on what the game could do on the old hardware, so if the PS4PRO settings have dynamic res and no upper limit on how high that can go while sticking close enough to 60fps, then it could be able to go higher than the XSX purely from being that little bit more powerful. Hell, it could be hitting native 4K in places, for all we know.

Boss Mog

Skip last gen is skipping 150 million console base. A next gen only strategy would be a sales base of PC + maybe 3 million next gen consoles + games sold for people who buy more next gen systems over the years. And like all games (even GTA, COD, FIFA) only a certain % of the user base will buy a hugely popular game. So maybe 2077 is like COD or GTA and 25% of the next gen user base buys over the next 3 years before it fizzles out.

But last gen, there's immediately 150 million more pieces of hardware to sell to, and just about every gamer has heard of this game at some point so they are ripe to buy.
Yeah I know, that's the point I made in my original post. But if they had integrity they would scrap it because they know it's nowhere near good enough. I could honestly see a class action suit happening.

ZywyPL

Banned
This game should've been next gen only. The project was too ambitious for last gen base consoles and it seems like CDPR just wanted to cash in on the install base of last gen. 15-20fps is completely unacceptable.

Should have been PC and next gen only. Then next year they could have released a gimped version running at 720p for pieces of tech that at that point would be about 10 years old.

Bare in mind the development started ~8 years ago, so making it next-gen only just for the sake of it by purposely not releasing it on PS4/XB1 wouldn't change anything in the game, if it had to be a real next-gen-only title, the development would need to start not earlier than in 2019, meaning we wouldn't see the game before 2027-28.

I personally feel CP2077 is today in the exact same spot GTA5 was when it launched, where the devs squeezed absolutely everything they could from PS3 and X360 to make their vision happen, while the PC/PS4/XB1 versions weren't held back in any regards, many people even forget that the game started as a PS360 title, and in the same way we just need to wait for a few more patches, especially for the next-gen consoles, and the game will be able to fully shine, and people will forget it started as a game with PS4/XB1 in mind.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
but i cant even buy a fucking ps5 anywhere nor a 3x card the fuck and I dont want spoilers so i must sacrifice my ps4

I'm not bragging, but I've been super lucky this season.

I managed to pre-order a PS5 (disc version) from Best Buy on the first day that it became available for pre-order and I received it on its release day.

I also managed to get an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming from my local Micro Center back on October 8th; however, I returned it after getting a PNY REVEL EPIC-X RTX 3090 and an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming.

What are the odds?

Anyhow, I've chosen to play Cyberpunk 2077 on PC.

When you own a PS4 Pro and the video just says PS4 / PS5

245.gif
Because it looks like utter shit on PS4 Pro.

Seriously, I've checked the game settings menu. I checked my PS4 Pro settings menu.

Fucking framerates tank outside in Night City. The textures look like shit. Everything is fucking blurry.

There are better looking games than this. The devs fucking lied about the day 1 patch. It still looks and plays like shit.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

This is mostly what happens with cross generation software: either the high end HW is under utilised or the low end HW performs like crap...

McCheese

PS4 Pro version is fine, looks good for a last gen title and maintains 30fps most of the time.

Resolution is low, smears a lot of the details but otherwise it's not too shabby.

reading this thread, was expecting Pong when I booted it up. Folks expecting last gen versions to look like the promotional PC footage need to chill, I'm sure the next gen versions will look just as good when released in a few months.

Remember this game was in gestation for 7 years, it's a new old game.

Last edited:

Aggelos

So guys, what do you think? Was this rumour true after all?
They tried as much they could to make it work/run on base PS4 and Xbox One in a serviceable degree.

"Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red has responded to this rumour, which originally suggested that the game's recent delay to September was due to significant issues with the current-gen versions of the title.
Posting on the official forums, Benzenzimmern of CD Projekt Red says: "Of course we're optimizing for the Xbox One, and for the PlayStation, and for the PC, because that's what you do in the last stretches of game development. While the game is made, lots of things are unoptimized, because they're all in flux, changing, and still not finished.""

pratyush

What do you mean? Series S runs the One S version of the game with more stable performance. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. It's literally emulating a One S. Some would argue One S performance borders on unplayable. But it's a pretty much locked 30 on Series S.

I am comparing it to XSX. Difference in quality between One S and XSX is huge. While the difference between One S and XSS is not that big

Last edited:
I am comparing it to XSX. Difference in quality between One S and XSX is huge. While the difference between One S and XSS is not that big
That's because Series X is running the One X version of the game. Series S runs the One S version. There is no quality difference between One S and Series S in this case. Maybe higher dynamic resolution, at best. The GPU in the One X is dramatically more powerful. It was in fact kind of overkill considering the overall hardware.

Last edited:
I had a bad feeling about Cyberpunk 2077, and was going back and forth about canceling my pre-order. Finally canceled it about four days ago.

Me: Base PS4 owner => Dodged a bullet

Now the plan is to wait until I get a PS5, a next gen patch drops for the game, and it goes on sale. I see little reason to pull the trigger before then.

Top Bottom