• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuisinart issues massive recall of products from 1996-2015 after mouth injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
HOOOOOOOLY SHIT. Never buying Cusinart.

edit: Shit this might have just turned me off of any kind of food processor. Cuisinart was a good brand right? Hows a cheap piece of shit from Walmart going to hold up?

So I finally got around to ordering my new blade. Guess what I found?

hrPC7WCh.jpg

Hopefully it ended up down the drain of my sink and not through my intestines.

entremet

HOOOOOOOLY SHIT. Never buying Cusinart.

edit: Shit this might have just turned me off of any kind of food processor. Cuisinart was a good brand right? Hows a cheap piece of shit from Walmart going to hold up?

Cuisinart is an excellent brand.

Mistakes happen. I wouldn't give up on a brand wholesale for this stuff. If it was a pattern, sure.

yikes, I hope everything is OK

We haven't used this since the recall was announced and I think the last time before that was a few weeks so... yeah I think we're in the clear.

I was actually glad to get a new blade, that thing is hard to clean and is (clearly) getting gross.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
crazy. just checked ours and there are no rivets on the blade.

but that is a massive amount of food processors.

Paznos

Just checked mine and it's one of the affected models, 3 of the 4 rivets have cracks in them..... thanks for this thread, i've filled out the form for a replacement.

Easy_G

Thanks for posting and bumping this thread. Mine is covered under the warranty and just submitted my form. Luckily I haven't had any issues, though my blade serrated edge was bent, so this is a nice replacement anyway.

How apropos, just the other day I was cleaning ours and noticed a nicked out piece of metal on the blade--I thought it was designed that way and was trying to imagine what industrial engineering purpose would suit that. Looking at it now I can clearly see the cracks radially in the blade from each rivet. How exciting.

Congrats, you ate blade!

n64coder

My blade is almost 20 years old and still looks great. I probably use my processor on a weekly basis. The white plastic base has yellowed like an SNES console but otherwise it's running great. Still waiting for the replacement blade.

Iolo

Wow. I finally got around to checking our blade, and of the four rivets all of them have hairline fractures. With a little more use, I am pretty sure that a piece would've cracked off, and it's not even that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom