• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2013. Ghosts in friendly, vengeful, and gentlemanly varieties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

So am I the only one into the new 52 Aquaman? The art is gorgeous in all of the issues i've read so far.

Dysun

"who's Wally?"
jxRKf3IPzerI2_e.jpg

jG3o3XTljxK7H.png

Dysun

not alone, new52 aquaman is my favorite book to come out of the relaunch

with johns leaving I'm not sure that will hold though

ElNarez

Banned
Yeah, Johns' on Aquaman is pretty great, because Johns is good except when it comes to making Big Important Books.

e: And Parker is a good writer, it's in safe hands, come on.

Anyways, that 4chan DC list sounds boring enough to be real, but it probably isn't. For one, I don't think Matt Kindt can be on more books than he currently is.

Omega

Banned
not alone, new52 aquaman is my favorite book to come out of the relaunch

with johns leaving I'm not sure that will hold though

what's Jeff Parker's history?

is there any hope or is Aquaman going to go back to being nothing

Is it worth tracking down a copy? I ordered a copy from HeavyInk, but those fucking cunts decided it was out of stock AFTER they'd already sent me an order confirmation. Midtown still has it, though.

I really think it is. I loved it. A fair few on the thread seemed to like it more or less. Didn't hear many complaints. Some seem to take issue with the humour/dialogue but I thought that part of the book was strong. They just go all the way, y'know? Issue one focuses on getting to know the characters and I like the characters quite a bit. Maybe it's one of those love the characters, love the book kinda things.

pa22word

Picked up Batman Black and White and Sex Criminals today, and on the way home my dad called and said his battery died(!!!), so I went and picked him up to go get another one...and made the mistake of not hiding my comics x_x

My dad, being the comic fan he is, looked through Batman B&W, then saw Sex Criminals...he then opened it up, let out an "Ah, mmhm...", and straight up jacked it for himself XD

So maybe I'll get to read my copy of Sex Criminals before the end of the week, lol :p

I really think it is. I loved it. A fair few on the thread seemed to like it more or less. Didn't hear many complaints. Some seem to take issue with the humour/dialogue but I thought that part of the book was strong. They just go all the way, y'know? Issue one focuses on getting to know the characters and I like the characters quite a bit. Maybe it's one of those love the characters, love the book kinda things.

I love Image books.

Ordered.

Cyborg is (possibly?) getting his own book?? I'm down for that. I will also definitely read a Titans book and Shazam with that creative team. Needs more Batman books though.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I thought March left DC to do indie books. I'd be mad if that list was true since Talon has been stuck with shit artists since he left.

ReiGun

Aquaman has been one of DC's best since the relaunch happened. Was looking forward to it being his next Green Lantern, but even if that didn't happen, I've enjoyed the work he did.

Of that list up there, I'm down with Shazam, MM, Titans, and the Others. Maybe to everything else.

tm24

Seeing those wrasslegaf emote heads here just make me laugh. Legit shook that they're spreading.

Also, earth 2, wat

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Someone on 4chan claims to have leaked all of DC's NYCC announcements.

TWELVE new books? That's a lot. Just the sheer number makes me wonder if this can possibly be true. Definitely some impending cancelations if accurate.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm hoping Overdrive could somehow be a Ghost Rider ongoing, and as for Assassin I'd love it to be either Black Widow or Elektra (I've come to terms with the fact Bucky might not get his own solo again, but All-New Invaders is going to be hype so it doesn't matter).

In the possibly false 4Chan DC leaks I might read a Red Robin book, I don't know why some people take shots at Tim, he's awesome.

frye

Huh, David Brothers edits Lazarus now? Speaking of, I was kind of into the first issue but it's become v. irritating since imo. Very sophomoric class-analysis, Greg Rucka-y as all hell despite the sci-fi setting, browner than a Vertigo comic (though less in this issue, but the colourist is definitely no Hollingsworth and honestly kind of awful in some places)

tim1138

And Rich has debunked that DC rumor (and in this case I believe him)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/02/the-dc-comics-nycc-announcement-list-that-isnt/

Oh some bits might be right, some are quite obvious assumptions to make, some have already been half announced, a few things seem to be tapped from Bleeding Cool rumours, such as a Superman weekly or Tom Taylor working on Doom Patrol, or even Gail Simone and Ethan Van Sciver’s long rumoured and denied involvement with Plastic Man but…

Basically I’ve confirmed first hand with a number of the people mentioned that, their bits at least, are not true. And have not been able to confirm with anyone that any one single announcement is true

kmfdmpig

I think a Plastic Man book could be pretty interesting. I never thought too much of the character, but I'm reading through old school JLA and Morrison and Waid really made me enjoy the character quite a bit.

I'm not sure what to think of Gail Simone now, however. Loved her work in the Old 52, but she hasn't really blown me away with any of her Nu52 work.

TWELVE new books? That's a lot. Just the sheer number makes me wonder if this can possibly be true. Definitely some impending cancelations if accurate.

This is DC. Of course there are cancellations. It's like, their favorite thing to do.

Owzers

anyone check out the first two episodes of Agents of Shield? I'm a little tough on some things, but i'm finding this show to be near unwatchable.

ReiGun

Agents of Shield is pretty wack so far. People are all "but it's supposed to be a fun show!" which is okay, but I'm not having any fun watching it. The characters aren't entertaining and the plots are so barebones. The show can't seem to decide if it just wants to be a fun adventure show or something more, and the result is just bland.

Owzers

Agents of Shield is pretty wack so far. People are all "but it's supposed to be a fun show!" which is okay, but I'm not having any fun watching it. The characters aren't entertaining and the plots are so barebones. The show can't seem to decide if it just wants to be a fun adventure show or something more, and the result is just bland.

That is a summary of how i feel, both in expectations going in ( a fun adventure of shield shenanigans) and how it turned out. Episode one i wrote off as a rough beginning, but episode 2 was terrible and ended up declaring it was a team building episode , as if stating what you want the episode to be is a suitable replacement for actually being good.

Yeah Agents of Shield is unwatchable. I came in expecting Whedon dialogue, monster of the week and loose to no connection the Marvel U. Its just boring and poorly written. DC is making them humble when it comes to tv.

And that 4chan list is BS. First of all DC is not announcing 12 books and four creative changes at once. I will be surprised if they combined for six. The list is comprised of former rumors and Rich rumblings.

Instock Trades is pissing me off. Tomorrow will have been a week and now they say they have two books not in stock and cant get.

Fuck Earth 2.

tim1138

I finally got around to reading Earth-2, gotta agree with Rafa, that was totally phoned in. I wish Robinson would dish on why he left DC and quit a book he apparently had huge plans for and reveal what his long term plans for the book were.

ReiGun

Earth 2 would have been fine if it wasn't Robinson's last issue. As is, there's just so much to this world he's leaving unanswered/underdeveloped, and then this issue throws yet another spoke to the wheel. Who knows how or if Tom Taylor is going to continue everything (Nevermind that the next two issues are about E2 Batman, who I can't find a fuck to give about).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom