• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2013. Ghosts in friendly, vengeful, and gentlemanly varieties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy Like Sunday Lists:

Marvel:
Avengers #22
Captain America: Living Legend #2 of 4
Cataclysm #0.1
Deadpool Kills Deadpool #4 of 4
Guardians of the Galaxy #8
Infinity #5 of 6
Scarlet Spider #23
Superior Spider-Man #20
X-Men: Battle of the Atom #2 of 2 (Battle of the Atom Finale!)

DC:
Damian: Son of Batman #1 of 4
Sandman Overture #1 of 6

Others:
Ash and the Army of Darkness #1 (Dynamite)
The Shadow: Year One #6 of 10 (Dynamite)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #27 (IDW)
Transformers: Robots in Disguise #22 (IDW)
Five Ghosts #6 (Image)
Saga #15 (Image)

Sandman's 6th issue, "24 hours" was sickening to me the first time I read it.

Oh man, not quite the same thing, but the first (?) issue in the Sandman vol 4 trade (the one with the cats) made me cringe quite a bit.

I have been meaning to pick up the 5th trade for a while now, but I just haven't gotten to it.

Cheska

Wow, really slow week.

Green Lantern Annual #2 (just to finish out the Lights Out arc)
Saga #15
Guardians of the Galaxy #8

Aquaman Annual #1
Green Lantern Annual #2
Nightwing Annual #1
Swamp Thing Annual #2
Avengers #22
Infinity #5
Superior Spider-Man #20
X-Men Battle Of The Atom #2

probably wait for trade on Sandman

1286309_ful.jpg
1286602_ful.jpg
1286289_ful.jpg

1286284_ful.jpg
1286261_ful.jpg
1286106_ful.jpg

1286100_ful.jpg

Owzers

Do any of you still buy walking dead? Has it gone to shit

Edit:

Just Saga for me this week

How far have you read? It takes a dive around issue 60 after a major plot point, its started to recover lately though and i still enjoy reading it even if it can't match that initial run.

ReiGun

Gotta list 'em all.

Aquaman Annual #1
Damian Son Of Batman #1
Forever Evil A.R.G.U.S. #1
Powerpuff Girls #2
Avengers #22
Infinity #5
X-Men Battle Of The Atom #2

How far have you read? It takes a dive around issue 60 after a major plot point, its started to recover lately though and i still enjoy reading it even if it can't match that initial run.

Yeah, it's an amazing book up to the end of the prison arc. And then the quality is less consistant. I agree that it's been strong for the last while, though. It surprises me that people drop it after the prison arc. I can't imagine not knowing what happens to these characters. But I read it in trade so perhaps it's a less frustrating experience that way. I remember reading one or two trades where I was like, hmmm, that's was less good. But that's not a big issue when you remember that most of the collections are rewarding reads.

Acid08

Banned
I haven't even read my comics from last week yet, all free time is taken up by Pokemon. Still, list never dies:

TMNT #27
Saga #15
Superior Spidey #20

Nudull

Banned
Nice looking week.

The Last of Us: American Dreams TPB
Mara TPB
Samurai Jack Classics, Vol. 1
---
Adventure Time Spooktacular 2013
Ash and the Army of Darkness #1
Avengers A.I. #5
Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #5
Infinity #5
My Little Pony Annual 2013
Powerpuff Girls #2
Saga #15
Superior Spider-Man #20
X-Men: Battle of the Atom #2

Omega

Banned
Is there no way to buy older issues of comics? Physical copies, because I like to actually own my stuff

Comic shop near me doesn't carry the first couple of issues of Batman Beyond Universe. I was planning on just waiting for trades but after finishing up 10,000 Clowns, I need more Terry.

Omega

Banned
How much is midtown comics local shipping?

lol

Economy Mail (USA Only) (3-12 days plus processing)* === $3.99

USPS Priority Mail (USA Only) (3-7 days plus processing) === $8.99

UPS Ground (Continental U.S. only) (3-5 days plus processing) === $8.99

UPS 2nd DAY (Continental U.S. only) === $19.98

UPS NEXT DAY (Continental U.S. only) === $45.95

Dudes who have a light week, I encourage you to pick up the #1 for $1 Baltimore book. I've only read one Baltimore book but it was really good and I've heard great things about the series. Also consider Richard Corben's comicification of Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven & Red Death. I've linked to the previews below.

- - -

Listalicious

#1 for $1 Baltimore Plague Ships (Dark Horse)
Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven & Red Death one-shot (Dark Horse)
The Fox #1 (Archie)
Thought Bubble Anthology 2013 #3 (Image)
Wild Blue Yonder #3 (IDW)
Stuff About Sex one-shot (Top Shelf)

Dia De Los Muertos TP (Image)

Dropped
Next Testament (Boom!)

Where are all The Fox #1s on these lists?!

Now that Mara has wrapped, how do those who read it feel about it? Impressions appreciated now that the tp is being released.

Those Batman Beyond shirts are way shway

Acid08

Banned
Now that Mara has wrapped, how do those who read it feel about it? Impressions appreciated now that the tp is being released.
It's good. Should have probably been longer because the whole thing moves really quickly and feels rushed a bit. It hits you over the head with its' ~*themes*~ too which is a little tiresome.

Definitely enjoyable, art is really great for the most part.

How do you guys store your comics? Bag and board? Short boxes? Long boxes?

All our comics are bag and boarded and stored in short boxes.

Doesn't the compendium cover the first 5 trades? Personally, when I finished the first compendium I had no desire to continue.

I enjoyed the first compendium enough to buy the 2nd. Yeah..... still haven't finished it a year later. It's just a big slog to get through and nothing really happens (or nothing interesting at least). Will not be purchasing anymore Walking Dead.

Nudull

Banned

I've yet to get the spare money for longboxes, so I've been using shoeboxes and plastic drawers. I do have a shelf for my trades, at least. :p

Owzers

Bags/boards in short boxes in the closet. My plan is to only have about 4 boxes at any given time, so i tend to sell most of my books.

Owzers

Can you provide any tips and info on selling books? I assume you use ebay? How much do you make back, etc?

Ebay Selling Adventures part 2:

I just sold a few items recently:

Ex Machina OHC vol 1 - 12.95+3.95 shipping - took a month Xo
Indestructible Hulk 6-10 for 7.95 + 5.49 priority mail shipping - a couple weeks
DC Universe Stories of Alan Moore paperback 14.99 + shipping
X-Factor 1-24 14.50 + shipping

as you can see, X-Factor was basically closeout pricing. Right now nobody wants to buy Demon Knights 1-17, nobodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Also Angel and Faith's last arc refuses to budge. Most current books sell the first time i list them for about $9ish every 6 issues, sometimes a buy it now price of $13 or 14 works too. I like shipping flat rate priority mail because the envelopes are free through usps and now insurance is free as well.

pro-tip: avoid starting prices of 99 cents unless the books are really popular, it can end badly.

Ebay Selling Adventures part 2:

pro-tip: avoid starting prices of 99 cents unless the books are really popular, it can end badly.

I've been on the good end of these several times already. When they happen it is glorious!

My eBay selling tip: It definitely never hurts to scout what completed auctions have gone for, for something that you are selling.

Cheska

Am I the only one who likes Avengers Assemble? I just bought the first volume today and have been loving the hell out of it. DeConnick may just be one of my favorite writers.

Nudull

Banned
Am I the only one who likes Avengers Assemble? I just bought the first volume today and have been loving the hell out of it. DeConnick may just be one of my favorite writers.

I sure as hell do! It is a very fun book, and KSD easily shines there. You should try out Captain Marvel, too. c:

boxes in the corner, and in a closet and piles all over the floor, fuck these things

I'm right there with you. I'm absolutely terrible about putting the books away in boxes after I bad 'em. I usually read about half and then they sit in a pile until I can read the other half. And then they join a pile of "waiting to be put away", which happens every three months or so.

Mine are all bagged and boarded and I have them in these comic book drawers. They work out well, I keep them in our bedroom closet and they're easy enough for me to access while being out of the way enough that the GF doesn't care about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom