• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

goddammit Shamrock, you're putting our people decades behind

Warren Ellis very first US comic was a Ghost Rider story, believe it or not. I hear its actually pretty good.

really? damn, earliest i recall was maybe Carnage mindbomb. still, not sure if he's a good fit for Moony but i'm down.

Spike you had one job, one freaking job.

438828-403485_4054_shamrock_super_super-1.jpg

1185188-450coc3a.jpg

403487-140100-shamrock.jpg

Incidentally, Marvel will be getting a Shamrock solo film to screen before DC/ Warners gets Wonder Woman there.

Okay, but it should still be included as "a notable release" considering.

Spike has the difficult task of picking and choosing the notable releases for each month, Wolverine and the X-Men, Iron Patriot, Magneto and a couple of other .NOW issues didn't make the cut either.

What you could do is give it your own anticipated release post ;)

anaron

Why? It's just a reboot. It's not like she hasn't had her own series in a while. Black Widow, Elektra, Silver Surfer, and She-Hulk are notable releases.
Because the new series is part of the Marvel NOW rebrand and is being treated with the same weight that was offered to those other series?

It's a new #1, new artist and new arc that all serves to let people jump on board fresh. It's entirely notable.

ETA: but if it comes down to having to choose specific titles out of a ton nevermind then. I had forgotten that it wasn't a general outline.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I really liked DeConnick's writing on Avengers Assemble before that book got Event'd and I really didn't go back. It was pretty much the only Avengers book actually ABOUT Avengers at the time.

This round of Marvel Now just hasn't enthused me at all. Too many of my favourite books died in the 2013-2014 period and my comic loving spirit just hasn't recuperated.

anaron

I am so ready. The art in the preview was lovely.
Agreed, very pleased with Lopez coming on and staying. One of the more vocal complaints against the series was the rotating artists and their individually unique and clashing styles so this should sort that out nicely.

How come no mention of the Captain Marvel relaunch out March 12?
I read some of the previous run, it was only alright. This has David Lopez though, i like him. the art was one of the failings of the last run imo
I read the first 2 issues of Kelly Sue's CM and I can honestly say she's one of the worst/most boring writers in recent history
lol 2 issues
He posted about it on twitter. He also showed a panel with mystique .
oh siiiiiiiiiiiiiick. love his art

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How DOES one break into the industry? I'm assumin you got to know peeps.

At this point, from what I understand, it's fucking rough. Gotta come to the big two with already published books under your belt or you have to be in one of Scott Snyder's classes and be happy writing pointless backups for his books for a year.

arkon

Got the She-hulk Slott complete collection volume 1 in today. Too many trades to read. Rachel Rising is the last purchase for me beyond pre-orders I've got in place already.I'm running out of room :(

Dead

well not really...yet
Are Marvel out of their fucking minds with their new Hardcover prices? $50 for Battle of the Atom? $80 for Infinity?

Are they serious? Their over-sized collections used to never be that expensive.

Toa TAK

Banned
At this point, from what I understand, it's fucking rough. Gotta come to the big two with already published books under your belt or you have to be in one of Scott Snyder's classes and be happy writing pointless backups for his books for a year.
Jeez, fuck that. Crushed that backup dream. The film industry sounds easier to get into.

Due to Fraction Hawkguy is one of my new favorite characters. Are there any other trades or stories involving him worth picking up or is Fraction's take the cream of the crop?

Owzers

Are Marvel out of their fucking minds with their new Hardcover prices? $50 for Battle of the Atom? $80 for Infinity?

It's disappointing, occasionally there will be a good value for a deluxe edition, but now it's rare. They raised the price for the daredevil waid ohc too between volumes, 34.99 for the first and then 39.99 for the second.

Messi

Refused to pay 60 euro here for battle of atom. So I've stopped reading all new X-Men. I won't be gouged by Marvel or stores here.

kswiston

Doesn't the Infinity hardcover include 24-25 issues? Doesn't seem like that bad of a deal given the price of other books.

It's disappointing, occasionally there will be a good value for a deluxe edition, but now it's rare. They raised the price for the daredevil waid ohc too between volumes, 34.99 for the first and then 39.99 for the second.

Are the OHC prices really that bad?

I plan on getting the Fatale DLX HC and it's the same price of 39.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom