• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

The local cinema just announced a showing of Resurrection of F on September 30th. Got my tickets today, they didn't charge me. They said I can have a poster as well. I still haven't hung the Batman vs. Superman IMAX ones they gave me when I left.

Guess I'm going back there. I hope I have work sorted by then. Would have been nice to work there full time, but alas, not to be.

I miss the fact that Nami used to wear actual clothes. Now she just makes me uncomfortable. I miss the unusual female designs. Perona's is aight, at least it's different.

I think the proportions are even more ridiculous in the anime, but it's Toei so I guess it's to be expected.

Funny you should mention that. I saw Tashigi's post-timeskip design and didn't know it wasn't Robin until I played this game. lol

What I meant was that Robin looks super different from her pre-timeskip design. He changed her on a fundamental level to create a more homogenized style. That was the design that pissed me off the most and I still can't reconcile it.

What I meant was that Robin looks super different from her pre-timeskip design. He changed her on a fundamental level to create a more homogenized style. That was the design that pissed me off the most and I still can't reconcile it.

That's kind of what I'm saying. They all look like the same black-haired female to me.

I, for one, loved seeing nami using a metal bikini during the current arc.

lol I haven't read that far ahead, but I get your joke. I also thought she was Nami or some shit.

ElNarez

Banned
Have we reached the point in One Piece where Nami is all boobs yet? I'm talking, DeviantArt inflation fetishist levels of boob growth. On a scale of 1 to 10, where are we at?

Also, there are 625 episodes and 12 movies of One Piece? Good lord.

Oda is all
778cb4a17a58fbe5f30033af8efe9371a4ebbd8350362abc45d0e3fe782314d5_large

Watching Age of Ultron for the first time, and kinda glad that the MCU can't use Vic, because the way that village is set up, it certainly gives one the feel that they only used Strucker there because Vic wasn't on the table.

Also dear god what a horrible intro. Cap sed language! He's so old fashioned, lolz

Zombine

Banned
Oh you're not as far along as i thought

When i saw
his fingers getting caught i was like fuuuuuuuck no because i instantly knew what was coming but
I ended up doing the same thing

I beat the game today lol

The only one who died on me was that goofball cuc
Matthew.
Really enjoyed every moment I had with the game. I played it the "right" way as well, so the
big twist where Joshua reveals himself as the "killer" made me freak out, because I thought I killed him.

You're killing me with all this Until Dawn spoiler talk. I didn't even know this game existed a few days ago and now I need it like air.

I might get Mad Max. I'm thinking about it, but WB and PC ports, ehhhh.

Zombine

Banned
Same here. Because as soon as
Emily handed that bozo the flare gun, he shot it off immediately so he didn't have it to defend himself later

I got
so damn pissed off at Emily as I played it. Not only is she an asshole, but she's a fucking marble mouth and the radio guy was like "listen, slow the fuck down because you mumble." And she was like "OH KAY OKAY plssaveusweRNdangeeerrrwahhh"

I got
so damn pissed off at Emily as I played it. Not only is she an asshole, but she's a fucking marble mouth and the radio guy was like "listen, slow the fuck down because you mumble." And she was like "OH KAY OKAY plssaveusweRNdangeeerrrwahhh"

XD

Man, it was so hard for me not to
just let Mike shoot her. But that terrified look on her face. I couldn't do it.

I might get Mad Max. I'm thinking about it, but WB and PC ports, ehhhh.

Yeah, I'm probably grabbing Mad Max and MGS V this week, then I'm done until early October for Dragon Quest Heroes. Maybe I'll grab the new Dragon Age story DLC on the 20th, though.

XD

Man, it was so hard for me not to
just let Mike shoot her. But that terrified look on her face. I couldn't do it.

Same,
she's The Fuckin Worst but i was trying to save everyone if i could. And also because I tried to follow all the guidance totems i found

Ayyy lmao at my playthrough of Jessica in the mines that lasted all of a minute before one wrong choice killed her brutally

Hey Zombeen, did you
save Wolfie too?

Ayyy lmao at my playthrough of Jessica in the mines that lasted all of a minute before one wrong choice killed her brutally

Did you
run? That's the wrong choice. The only right choice in that bit is to hide. She's in bad shape, she can't run.

I could never do those "Don't move!" segments where you couldn't move the controller. I had to just put it down for those because otherwise, the slightest movement set it off.

Zombine

Banned
Hey Zombeen, did you
save Wolfie too?

Did you
run? That's the wrong choice. The only right choice in that bit is to hide. She's in bad shape, she can't run.

I could never do those "Don't move!" segments where you couldn't move the controller. I had to just put it down for those because otherwise, the slightest movement set it off.

I think I did???

But yeah, the don't move sections were bad. Especially at the end.

Hey Zombeen, did you
save Wolfie too?

Did you

typically Freeza, Freezaing my quote!

And yeah
I tried to run. In retrospect, all signs should've pointed to hiding, given that she was hurt, that i already knew Wendigos can't sense stillness, and that the fucking prompt literally says "TRY to run" lmao. Not sure what i was thinking there

I was a pro at the Don't Move parts, but shit got tense as hell. The only one i fucked up was
the bit with Chris and the flamethrower guy but that guy was gonna die anyway i think

and i wasn't able to
save the wolf :( shit made me feel so guilty when i saw his dead body

Scarlet Witch going all JAZZ HANDS by stark's head truly is some pro-tier cinematography.

Dude didn't even try to design an Age of Loltron logo, fml.

also 1080p does RDJ's face absolutely no favours. The beard dye is real.

I think I did???

But yeah, the don't move sections were bad. Especially at the end.

To save Wolfie, the key is to not kick him when you first run into him, and give him a bone out of the chest in the corner of the room. Then when you meet him again later, make sure to barricade the door at the end of the area instead of simply escaping.

typically Freeza, Freezaing my quote!

Oops! I didn't even realize. XD

I was a pro at the Don't Move parts, but shit got tense as hell. The only one i fucked up was
the bit with Chris and the flamethrower guy but that guy was gonna die anyway i think

Yeah, I followed the prompt fine
and that guy bites it regardless

Weiss

Banned
So I'm starting to realize that comixology is cheaper and a lot more convenient than buying trades. Can anyone give me a rundown on how this all works?

So I'm starting to realize that comixology is cheaper and a lot more convenient than buying trades. Can anyone give me a rundown on how this all works?

Buy comics, read comics in the app or on the website. Simple as that. Sales are generally pretty good, and their viewer is reasonably solid. Quality (as in, image quality) varies depending on issue, publisher, etc. They're all tied to a single account that follows you around from platform to platform.

EDIT: Oh, and you can set up subscriptions to automatically purchase anything you're following as it comes out, but personally I don't really use that. I find that clicking "buy" on each comic gives me some weird sense of satisfaction.

Mindwipe

Are the comics I buy tied to an account on the site? Or do I download them onto my computer? If so, then can I move them from one machine to the next?

That kind of thing.

Tied to your account, though some publishers allow PDF downloads.

So you can just install the app and have access to ask you've bought.

Read through Gotham Academy. It was actually fun and enthralling in a way I never really expected. Thank god the next issue comes out this week.

Age of Ultron's writing is pretty much "how to shamelessly pander to your fans 101". Gods, what drek, stilted dialogue nearly every minute in an attempt to setup sitcom scenarios.

Weiss

Banned
Buy comics, read comics in the app or on the website. Simple as that. Sales are generally pretty good, and their viewer is reasonably solid. Quality (as in, image quality) varies depending on issue, publisher, etc. They're all tied to a single account that follows you around from platform to platform.

EDIT: Oh, and you can set up subscriptions to automatically purchase anything you're following as it comes out, but personally I don't really use that. I find that clicking "buy" on each comic gives me some weird sense of satisfaction.

Tied to your account, though some publishers allow PDF downloads.

So you can just install the app and have access to ask you've bought.

So basically it's amazing and I should stop buying any physical stuff and just switch to digital.

Shit they got Mark Waid's Flash, all of Kirby's New Gods stuff, Suicide Squad, Starman, friggin' Impulse in its entirety is on sale right now. Impulse is one of the best comics of the 90s.

Top Bottom