• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Over the weekend Nick Pitarra was tweeting his C2E2 commissions and this was pretty much the best of the bunch. For the uninitiated it's Oppenheimer and the Manhattan Projects cast.

1398692840644.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Over the weekend Nick Pitarra was tweeting his C2E2 commissions and this was pretty much the best of the bunch. For the uninitiated it's Oppenheimer and the Manhattan Projects cast.

Bolland as hell. I really like that

C2E2 was awesome. I got basically all the artist autographs I wanted, they were all pretty damn cool. Scott Snyder’s line was ridiculous, felt bad for they guy. But in the very little time I talked to him while he signed my books (2 book maximum) he seemed genuinely appreciative of us fans. I had two other friends in line with me that got books signed for me also so 6 total ;-) . I got Batman Eternal #1 signed by Scott Snyder, Jason Fabok and James Tynion IV.
I got 6 different autographs on my Detective Comics #27 Chris Burnham variant, I was happy about that one.
Tony Moore and Neal Adams were the only guys to charge for autographs.

Everyone I met and got books signed by:
Scott Snyder – Batman #21 black & white Variant - Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Neal Adams – Got a signed batman sketch print – Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Toni S. Daniels – Detective Comics #1
Toni Moore – Fear Agent #1 –Venom #1
Patrick Gleason – Batman & Robin #1- Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Peter J. Tomasi – Batman & Robin #1 -Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Charles Soule
Ryan Stegman – Superior Spider-man #1 - Got 2 signed SSM prints (for $20 bucks off regular price)
Aaron Kruder
Claudio Sanchez & wife Chondra Echert (evil ink) line was just about as long as Scott Snyders
Jason Fabok – Got a signed Batman Eternal #1 cover print - Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Mark Waid
Chris Samne – funny guy
Greg Pak
Dustin Nguyen
Amanda Connar
Mitch Gerads
Ryan Browne – Got a sketch cover done for the God Hates Astronauts preview issue (on-going coming out from image in august) a cool funny guy
James Tynion IV
Chris Burnham - Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Roc Upchurch – humble guy, really nice
James Robinson- awesome shoulder/bicep tattoo lol (we were comparing tattoos)
Jim Cheung
Mark Morales
And Geof Darrow

I know we were talking about a new artist taking over for She Hulk. I was talking to Charles Soule at C2E2 and asked him about that,, he said "the new artist is only doing a couple issues then Javier Pulido will be back,, so don't worry"

I forget who the guest artist is. but I wanted to tell Soule, can you let Pulido know them damn eyes creep me out. lol.
I do like the rest of the art tho.

You need to tell us about your Con experience! Get your Batman stuff signed?

Edit- nvm right above me.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
C2E2 was awesome. I got basically all the artist autographs I wanted, they were all pretty damn cool. Scott Snyder’s line was ridiculous, felt bad for they guy. But in the very little time I talked to him while he signed my books (2 book maximum) he seemed genuinely appreciative of us fans. I had two other friends in line with me that got books signed for me also so 6 total ;-) . I got Batman Eternal #1 signed by Scott Snyder, Jason Fabok and James Tynion IV.
I got 6 different autographs on my Detective Comics #27 Chris Burnham variant, I was happy about that one.

I get it, but that's gross. Instead of charging, they could say buy something of mine from my table and I'll sign it. Or, you know, thanks for being a fan and all you want is my name across something of mine you bought and enjoyed, so here's me being a normal human being and signing it.

Really awesome that you met so many rad creators.

tim1138

Tony Moore charges now? I had him sign the first Walking Dead tpb at Mid-Ohio con four or so years ago and it was free. That's all kinds of lame to charge for signing your name.

I can accept Neal Adams. Guy is a legend. He has earned it. But Tony Moore? Lol. He hath ascended and reached his final form. He is so far above us.

MG310

Probably got tired of people who were clearly dealers rolling up with 200 books. I noticed certain people charge in special cases, like if there's a particularly rare issue and you show up with 5 or more of it to get signed then they will start charging.

Last year at NYCC during Adam Hughes' time he had posted for head sketches last year a guy had him sign the same book 30 or so times - literally every page on which his art appeared, a number of other things, got a head sketch, and put nothing in the Sheepdog Rescue donation bucket. (Suggested donation was 20 dollars for a head sketch).

Yeah it was $5 each autograph for Tony Moore,, I hesitated , like do I really want this Walking Dead HC signed lol I was stupid and accidently smeared it.. it doesn't seem to dry at all..ever.. lol, same with my Strange Attractors autograph. Those inside pages suck for signing. But Fear Agent #1 and Venom #1 were what I mainly wanted.

Neal Adams I totally understood tho. $20 per autograph, OR if you buy a print ($20) he signs it for free. He was giving an interview when I got to his booth.. it was pretty awesome hearing him talk about how much the Comic industry has changed and the old days and what not.

I was really surprised I got all my books signed by everyone I wanted, probably around 60-75 books (besides Scott Snyder and Claudio Sanchez because of the line they had a 2 and 3 book max) . And a few runs with 2-3 autograph's on each book.
I was probably most excited about the Detective Commics #27 Burnham variant book, love that cover.

I got Neal Adams, Scott Snyder, Jason Fabok, Patrick Gleason, Peter Tamosi and Chris Burnham.
nov130176.jpg

I need to figure out how to post my actual pictures.

Yeah it was $5 each autograph for Tony Moore,, I hesitated , like do I really want this Walking Dead HC signed lol I was stupid and accidently smeared it.. it doesn't seem to dry at all..ever.. lol, same with my Strange Attractors autograph. Those inside pages suck for signing. But Fear Agent #1 and Venom #1 were what I mainly wanted.

Neal Adams I totally understood tho. $20 per autograph, OR if you buy a print ($20) he signs it for free. He was giving an interview when I got to his booth.. it was pretty awesome hearing him talk about how much the Comic industry has changed and the old days and what not.

The Neal Adams Fatman on Batman episodes were amazing. The contributions that man made outside of art alone would make him a legend.

MG310

Not even sure what I would get from Skottie...though I am curious to see what a big grinning beardy Hercules would look like based on that Tick.

I've been hoarding sketch covers for Special Edition NYC/NYCC use. Still have like 6 or 7 Daredevils, Widow, Harley (should have grabbed a few more of that one), She-Hulk, Elektra, Uncanny X-Force.

We're the Harley Quinn team there? Or Fiona Staples?
I'm not positive, I had her sign Batman: Black and White #4 (she did the cover) Dustin Nguyen also signed it.
dc-comics-batman-black-white-issue-4.jpg

I totally spaced she was gonna be there I didn't bring any Harley Quinn books,
Told her it is a beautiful cover one of my favs, she smiled real big and thanked me,, said she was happy that the editor liked it when she sent it to him lol. She was a sweetie.

(Once again im gonna find out how to post my actual pictures.. one of these days)

Messi

I'm not positive, I had her sign Batman: Black and White #4 (she did the cover) Dustin Nguyen also signed it.
dc-comics-batman-black-white-issue-4.jpg

I totally spaced she was gonna be there I didn't bring any Harley Quinn books,
Told her it is a beautiful cover one of my favs, she smiled real big and thanked me,, said she was happy that the editor liked it when she sent it to him lol. She was a sweetie.

(Once again im gonna find out how to post my actual pictures.. one of these days)

That is a pretty sweet cover. Was she selling harley prints?

I'm gonna ask Ryan Stegman for a commission in September. I'm leaning towards a contrast piece showcasing Batman/Moon Knight.
Great suggestion.

I don't know how, but Jumpin' Jehosiphat Marvel topped the Image Expo. Oh my heck there is just so muxh incredible stuff from them down the pipeline. It also what makes me want to pixk up my pencil more than Bitch Planet's announcement.

rakhir

And it will change the Marvel Universe FOREVER!!!!
They could do few different Wolverines, four would be ok, showing up and taking the mantle. One can be a black guy, i guess.

I'm bored with the 'death' arcs. Just don't do it, and if you really must, do it like Whedon did with Kitty, don't call it 'death' and just trap them somewhere for a while.
But to their credit, they still didn't ressurect Xavier yet, and their way of bringing back Jean was at least different (and i love All-New X-Men).

As for Hawkeye - man, that book is seriously troubled. It's been so long between issues that most of my enthusiasm for it vanished.

tim1138

I don't get this B'Wana Beast thing. Like, is it a meme that I've missed out on somewhere?

He's a great character in general, but Morrison had a great story arc involving him in his Animal Man run. Filthy and I are both huge fans of said Animal Man run. It's as simple as that.

ReAxion

I wish Amazon would have been honest they were going to do this from the start. No way that IAP came as a surprise to them.

Everyone I met and got books signed by:
Scott Snyder – Batman #21 black & white Variant - Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Neal Adams – Got a signed batman sketch print – Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Toni S. Daniels – Detective Comics #1
Toni Moore – Fear Agent #1 –Venom #1
Patrick Gleason – Batman & Robin #1- Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Peter J. Tomasi – Batman & Robin #1 -Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Charles Soule
Ryan Stegman – Superior Spider-man #1 - Got 2 signed SSM prints (for $20 bucks off regular price)
Aaron Kruder
Claudio Sanchez & wife Chondra Echert (evil ink) line was just about as long as Scott Snyders
Jason Fabok – Got a signed Batman Eternal #1 cover print - Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Mark Waid
Chris Samne – funny guy
Greg Pak
Dustin Nguyen
Amanda Connar
Mitch Gerads
Ryan Browne – Got a sketch cover done for the God Hates Astronauts preview issue (on-going coming out from image in august) a cool funny guy
James Tynion IV
Chris Burnham - Signed Detective Comics #27 (Burnham Variant)
Roc Upchurch – humble guy, really nice
James Robinson- awesome shoulder/bicep tattoo lol (we were comparing tattoos)
Jim Cheung
Mark Morales
And Geof Darrow

Awesome. I went to C2E2 Saturday but I only got a signed print from Yale Stewart. It was my first comic con and I was a bit overwhelmed. Didn't take any of my books with me, but I will next year. This year I went with a bunch of my friends who aren't comic fans as a part of my bachelor party weekend. It was a great time and even the people who didn't like comics thought it was fun. I'll have to hit you up for tips next year. Did you go all 3 days?

Filthy Slug

He's a great character in general, but Morrison had a great story arc involving him in his Animal Man run. Filthy and I are both huge fans of said Animal Man run. It's as simple as that.

I was going to type out the same thing, so there ya go, GH. It's not a meme or anything, just love that B'wana Beast.

Awesome. I went to C2E2 Saturday but I only got a signed print from Yale Stewart. It was my first comic con and I was a bit overwhelmed. Didn't take any of my books with me, but I will next year. This year I went with a bunch of my friends who aren't comic fans as a part of my bachelor party weekend. It was a great time and even the people who didn't like comics thought it was fun. I'll have to hit you up for tips next year. Did you go all 3 days?

This was my first Con too,, I went just Saturday. I planned it like crazy as far as who's there where their tables are what books to bring ( my fiancé was calling me OCD crazy ) lol. but it paid off,, I was on a mission, next year tho i'm gonna make sure im not there so much just for "business" and wander around a little more. Was still a blast. And yeah just hit me up ill share the tips I learned lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom