• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom is currently gauging interest in new games and remakes for multiple franchises, including a bunch of dormant IPs

silentstorm

Voted for Breath Of Fire, VS Capcom and Dino Crisis, though mentioned some in the last question like Power Stone or Captain Commando.

Not like this will change anything anyways, also, i kinda suspect Captain Commando should have had a new game years ago at the real height of the superhero craze.

Papa_Wisdom

Dino crisis like resi evil remakes please

Cat Wiggle GIF

Bombolone

Gold Member
Would love to see more new IPs. Remakes are nice (Onimusha)
I don’t need cutting edge char models, VA. I’m very much a fan of diff art styles that don’t try to mimic realism.
More fantastical, imaginative worlds/designs/art styles.
More freedom of expression that takes advantage of the fact virtual worlds start from a blank canvas.
Japans gameplay design philosophies and technical systems are great.

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 also got some love.

Killer8

I voted Dino Crisis, Onimusha and Dead Rising.

Dino Crisis - a RE4 remake style game from the over-the-shoulder perspective makes the most sense. I'd probably do a remake of the first game but massively expanded, similar to what REmake was to the original. I wouldn't mind a faster action approach to the gameplay since these are dinosaurs we're talking about, and DC2 already set a precedent for the series going down the action route. But it would also need those creepy sections of downtime to build the atmosphere.

Onimusha - Kunitsu-Gami might seem to be already doing what this series was known for, but it's not quite Onimusha. It needs a more historical bent and I wouldn't mind an old Japanese film star appearing in the game, like Yusaku Matsuda in Onimusha 2. Bunta Sugawara would be awesome. I'd also like a potentially lower budget game which experiments with pre-rendered backgrounds made to a 4K standard. It would be an interesting hook and could show what can still be done with that visual style. I imagine you could push some incredible CGI-like visuals that are like the "painting come to life" cliche people always talk about.

Dead Rising - get the Japanese back behind the wheel, that's all I ask (as much as I liked Dead Rising 2). They need to nail the tone of the game above all else - lean heavily into the Japanese interpretation of Americana, make it kinda serious, but with some goofy and memeable characters. Don't try too hard to be lolzany so funny. And in terms of the game design, focus on fun, stakes (not necessarily a timer but there needs to be some fail states to keep the tension going), replayability and detail. I want to see fully stock store shelves where I can truly use anything as a weapon. A smaller world, similar in size to the first game but extremely dense, would be ideal.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I vote this

- Okami, Lost planet and Dino crisis.
- Return of Rival School.
-Leave a message Haunting ground is brought to PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch.

- Figures and a Megaman Spin off game starring with Iris from Megaman x4.

Sojiro

The interface while taking this was neat, voted for Breath of Fire, Onimusha, and Mega Man on the three.

Last edited:

BlackSandrock10

Neo Member
Man, seems like Capcom trying to do a Sega with possible franchises.....and considering that the Capcom leak highlighted the direction of the company along with their recent war against modders and the recent way how videogames are going at the moment with localizations and other foolishness.....be careful, people! God forbid what the Power Stone and Captain Commando remake will be like and it's supposed to come out this year!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Interesting that Onimusha 1/2/3 was listed in the Remake section and others games were not...🤔

Durin

Neo Member
Took the time just to vote for Breath of Fire. Ridiculous that the series ended with some random mobile game release, instead of something proper.

Also pushed for new IP, because for as nice Capcom's output has been, I want more new from them.

Spyxos

Capcom has officially floated the idea of sequels to Okami, Dead Rising, Mega Man, and other beloved franchises in a fan survey.

One of the more interesting questions saw Capcom ask players which series they'd most like to see a sequel or spin-off to, with answers such as Dino Crisis, Okami, Onimusha, Dead Rising, Darkstalkers, Breath of Fire, Mega Man, Ghosts 'n Goblins, and more, though it did include some ongoing franchises like Resident Evil and Monster Hunter too.

sachos

I asked for a new Capcom Vs SNK in the style of Ark System Works graphics. A man can dream.
EDIT: Sorry for double post, i forgot i already commented 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Too much work for me.

Someone go vote breath of fire for me. Thanks.

DavidGzz

I chose Onimusha for a remake and professed my undying love for Capcom. Street Fighter 2 in the arcades as a kid....nothing will ever challenge that experience. The GOAT dev.

Astray

Gold Member
Onimusha dabbling in some soulsborne-style gameplay with horror overtones would be a very unique experience.

Famipan

Onimusha dabbling in some soulsborne-style gameplay with horror overtones would be a very unique experience.
Unique like Nioh?

Just hope that puzzle in Onimusha 1 becomes nearly as easy as any puzzle in modern RE games.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Thanks for passing the link for voting. Here's what I can remember in regards to my answers/input
from the voting.

-I totally went "old school" with all my choices and in my final comments.

-Hiryu(Strider) is my favorite Capcom character.

-Capcom has a metric shit ton of amazing I.P. that they've let languish in their "vault" for far too long.

-Ghosts 'N Goblins: Resurrection was a good start to reviving/updating their older games.

-My first Capcom game that I recall playing in the arcades back in the early 80s was Ghosts 'n Goblins.

-The music, fun gameplay and good graphics are pretty much the formula for a good video game.

-I voted for "Strider" as my favorite Capcom game. Again, that music, gameplay and graphics made it a must
play for me every time I ran into it when I saw it at arcades, bowling alleys and mom and pop stores . Spare a quarter? :messenger_beaming:

-If I had a choice to bring back one "old" game and update it, my pitch would be a 3D cinematic/action game in
"Final Fight" using their Resident Evil Engine. I mean, just image being a big, bulky Haggar walking into a bar to have
a drink. A bottle gets smashed on your head and we witness and take part in an amazing action/fight set piece of a bar room
brawl. Haggar is putting guys through tables, using environmental objects like bar stools and Que sticks to crack people over
the head, knifing fools in the back, breaking arms and whatever else you might be able to get your hands on.

-I treat Capcom accordingly with how they in turn threat "us" customers.

-In the future I'd like to see Capcom re-visit their older I.P. and give them much needed updates/sequels, prequels, etc.

Last edited:
Devil May Cry 1:

- Keep the fixed camera.

- Metroidvania instead of mission structure. Interconnected layout. Biggest castle with hidden areas.

- More story/enemies/bosses.

Top Bottom