• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night |OT| What is a Kickstarter?!?! A Miserable Pile of Delays!

BruceCM

If you're talking about the room I think.... You'll probably find it gets impossible to continue that way :p Later, you get a certain armour that helps a lot :D

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
If I remember the room correctly, a travel shard you should have at that point makes it much easier as you can travel through it without jumping.

I had the reflect beam thing and tried that, but it was hard to land on the platforms and not get hit by the heads.

If you're talking about the room I think.... You'll probably find it gets impossible to continue that way :p Later, you get a certain armour that helps a lot :D

Nah, but I think I know which one you’re talking about. That one was possible as I got through it. It just dead ends in the next room with an HP max upgrade and then you have to go back through that tough room to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
made it to the second to last area, Den of Behemoths. i know it's gimmicky but it's actually a lot of fun and looks really cool.

besides the late game asset re-use level is sort of an Iga tradition.

I just watched the "Bloodstained is Brilliant - But What's Up With The Switch Port?"

I saw that the switch had problems, but my biggest shock is that the game runs at 1080p on ps4 pro...and native 4k on one x. Why is the pro only at 1080p? That doesn't make any sense. There has to be a resolution update in the works, right? The pro should be able to push 60fps at a way higher resolution than 1080p. I'm not talking 4k native, but something between 1440p and 4k. There's no way it can only do this much.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I keep playing this game, it just has it's hooks in me.

I did the 500,000G achievement tonight. Here's how I did it:

I ranked up my Augment Gold shard to 9 and equipped it along with the Accelerator shard. I found a room that just had two candle sticks, and just zoomed back and forth with the Accelerator until I zoned out, came back in, zoned out in the other direction, etc. With the Augment Gold shard, I was commonly getting 1,000G and even 2,000G drops. It only took me about 20 minutes using this method to get 500,000G.

I'm up to 86% of the item list completed, mostly missing weapons now. 100% items (and the platinum equivalent) is the last achievements I need before I get 100%.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I just watched the "Bloodstained is Brilliant - But What's Up With The Switch Port?"

I saw that the switch had problems, but my biggest shock is that the game runs at 1080p on ps4 pro...and native 4k on one x. Why is the pro only at 1080p? That doesn't make any sense. There has to be a resolution update in the works, right? The pro should be able to push 60fps at a way higher resolution than 1080p. I'm not talking 4k native, but something between 1440p and 4k. There's no way it can only do this much.

There is something weird going on as it activates the supersampling mode on my Pro when running...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This 100% item achievement is killing me. I'm now level 86 and coming up on 30 hours of game time.

I figured the easiest way to do this would be to go down the demon list in the archives and one by one make sure I've got every available drop from every enemy. Then after that's done, I'll go down the list in the alchemy screen to make sure I have at least one of everything, and if there's something I can't make via alchemy I'll at least know where to find the ingredients, probably. I know for a fact I'm missing the food stuffs the most.

I'm down to demon #40 or so working through the list.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i thought i had gotten my first PC glitch yesterday when i warped home and everything looked off. then i realized i had been inverted before i warped! lol i was still upside down.

Last edited:
Grounded and pounded this game. Farmed several million gold, got to 99, maxed out all shards 9/9 except for the obvious ones, all items and finally cleared Nightmare. This game is a 10/10 in my book and barely falls short of SOTN, but only because SOTN is bigger and because Alucard is such a badass. I hope they go all out on the sequel. This is easily tops RE2 to become my favorite game of 2019.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
just beat the racing ninja! it was my second try, after doing it once and failing, it was easy to see what to equip. very cool "boss fight" tho!

now i got Accelerator. now i got those god tier end-game Metroidvania traversal upgrades, now flying around all over this like a demon, place slicing through anything that moves and finding secrets! this effect looks so awesome when you use it btw!

damn this game is great.

Last edited:

Zannegan

Occasional crashes aside, this game is great. I do wish that you could chabge outfits as well as helmets. Fighting in a frilly maid's costume when I'm supposedly wearing plate mail just seems silly. Was changing outfits that a stretch goal we didn't hit, or is the need to see the spreading stained glass stuff that important?

Dr.Morris79

Occasional crashes aside, this game is great. I do wish that you could chabge outfits as well as helmets. Fighting in a frilly maid's costume when I'm supposedly wearing plate mail just seems silly. Was changing outfits that a stretch goal we didn't hit, or is the need to see the spreading stained glass stuff that important?
I thought you can change outfits?? I read that what you wear is always visual? :/

Zannegan

I thought you can change outfits?? I read that what you wear is always visual? :/
Hmm... not that I've seen. I'll have to take a look around (been trying to avoid spoilers, so I haven't seen a lot of media on the game). Maybe it's a Switch thing. *shrug*

Brazen

i think it's just scarves/headgear/weapons but the main clothes don't change.

Besides the obvious Shovel Knight armor their is one clothing being the Valkyrie Dress that does have a unique look from all the others. Though its not a big difference to her normal attire and it has its own color scheme that can't be changed.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Maybe there would be a lot of clipping and animation issues to solve if they modeled each set of armor so they left it alone.

jshackles

hDMAg3F.png

aoLUgB4.png

giphy.gif

Stuart360

About 3 hours into this on PC, really enjoying it as i dont play games like this anymore.
4k/60 on my 980ti, no crashes so far, although i havent read any books yet on purpose.

jshackles

jshackles jshackles

Where is the recipe for Simmered Forneus? I can't find it on google even.
There is a treasure chest in the underground / waterway area that you have to return once you have either the high jump or invert ability. It has all the "fish" related recipes.

I have the Switch version and was a backer. Does anyone know if it is possible to send the game back and exchange it for the PS4 version? I have not opened the game and it is still in its original plastic wrap

Punished Miku

Gold Member
99% weapons.
97% head armor.
97% body armor.
97& accessories.
99.80% map.

... what am I doing with my life?
... why do I keep hurting the ones I love?
... what is the meaning of existence?

99.80% map.

One would think that I couldn't possibly tell you where to find the two rooms you're missing, but I can give it a shot.

Ceiling of a big room in the library, in the floor close to and above the save point that is right next to when you first met Zangetsu, or in the floor of the secret laboratory on the far left of the room that's right next to the fast travel.

I'm betting at least one of your two remaining rooms is in a floor or ceiling somewhere.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
One would think that I couldn't possibly tell you where to find the two rooms you're missing, but I can give it a shot.

Ceiling of a big room in the library, in the floor close to and above the save point that is right next to when you first met Zangetsu, or in the floor of the secret laboratory on the far left of the room that's right next to the fast travel.

I'm betting at least one of your two remaining rooms is in a floor or ceiling somewhere.
I'll give it a shot tomorrow after work! Thanks!

I have been dreading that more than even the items. Leaving it for last, but I'll try these tomorrow.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Hey I think I might buy this. I played Bloodstained Curse of the Moon on Switch which was fun. The problem I had with it though was the controls. The game is quite fast paced but it didn't feel responsive enough. It felt like you could only do one action at a time. Maybe because it's just a simple 2d game.

I can't really explain the issue properly but I guess I'm just asking how the controls are in this? Any issues or is it smooth/fluid?

Hey I think I might buy this. I played Bloodstained Curse of the Moon on Switch which was fun. The problem I had with it though was the controls. The game is quite fast paced but it didn't feel responsive enough. It felt like you could only do one action at a time. Maybe because it's just a simple 2d game.

I can't really explain the issue properly but I guess I'm just asking how the controls are in this? Any issues or is it smooth/fluid?

I didn't play Curse of the Moon, but this feels very much like Symphony of the Night. If you enjoyed that game, you should pretty much know what to expect.

This video is from three years ago, so the animation and graphics improved significantly, but see for yourself:

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I didn't play Curse of the Moon, but this feels very much like Symphony of the Night. If you enjoyed that game, you should pretty much know what to expect.

This video is from three years ago, so the animation and graphics improved significantly, but see for yourself:

i've never played any of these games before but thanks i'll check it out.

Wonko_C

Curse of the Moon pays homage to the classic 8-bit Castlevanias so it controls like those. Ritual of the Night on the other hand controls like the more modern Castlevanias, which are much more fluid: You can change jump direction in mid-air, your attacks are faster and can be cancellable with backdash, and the game is much longer since it's a metroidvania.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man the Infernal Cave was a bit of an uptick in difficulty, easy boss though.

Now have to figure out where to go next. Went to the obvious places in the mal and just found chests. Will probably look it up as the game is getting s tad long in the tooth for me. I think Metroidvanias just aren’t really my bag anymore as I get tired of the back tracking and wandering around figuring out where to go.

Game is a great Metroidvanias for sure though!

Will the chest bug be fixed so I can do the food sidequests?

Can I keep my items/shards and foes on New Game +?

Starting a New Game + after having the latest update actually fixes the chest bug. You basically get to keep every shard and item unless it acts as a "key" of sorts. So you have to re-earn the double jump, reflector ray, etc.

"Hard" mode, despite being considerably harder, is easier in New Game +. That's because you're likely to be pretty over-leveled going into it. If you want to give yourself more of a challenge, don't use any armor, weapon, or shard until you "find" it again. That's what I did, and it helped my enjoyment for the second playthrough. Using the "favorites" feature allowed me to keep track of what I had earned again.

It's also a good time to master weapon techniques with weaker weapons, and level your passive shards up to 9, which turns them into permanent character upgrades. Once you master a weapon technique, it can be used with any weapon in its class. By the time I got the last Katana you get in the game, I had about five special moves I could do with it.

Before you start a new game though, I'd definitely suggest picking up the accelerator shard, if you don't have it. Also, be sure to keep looking at the crafting menu. It's easy to overlook the fact that you can actually make new ability shards once you find the book containing their alchemy formulas, and some of them are amazing. I'd say high jump, and augment gold are especially useful. Oh, and eat or drink everything you can, especially the beverages that give you permanently faster magic regeneration.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
Recently played SOTN for the first time.
Holy shit. That game is incredible. My main criticism is bosses became a bit easy at some point and the mist form let's you cheese everything.

I'm having a metroidvania marathon these days...also finished Dead Cells (normal), got Guacamelee 2, and need to get back into Hollow Knight.

Edit: and Bloodstained of course haha

Last edited:
Starting a New Game + after having the latest update actually fixes the chest bug. You basically get to keep every shard and item unless it acts as a "key" of sorts. So you have to re-earn the double jump, reflector ray, etc.

"Hard" mode, despite being considerably harder, is easier in New Game +. That's because you're likely to be pretty over-leveled going into it. If you want to give yourself more of a challenge, don't use any armor, weapon, or shard until you "find" it again. That's what I did, and it helped my enjoyment for the second playthrough. Using the "favorites" feature allowed me to keep track of what I had earned again.

It's also a good time to master weapon techniques with weaker weapons, and level your passive shards up to 9, which turns them into permanent character upgrades. Once you master a weapon technique, it can be used with any weapon in its class. By the time I got the last Katana you get in the game, I had about five special moves I could do with it.

Before you start a new game though, I'd definitely suggest picking up the accelerator shard, if you don't have it. Also, be sure to keep looking at the crafting menu. It's easy to overlook the fact that you can actually make new ability shards once you find the book containing their alchemy formulas, and some of them are amazing. I'd say high jump, and augment gold are especially useful. Oh, and eat or drink everything you can, especially the beverages that give you permanently faster magic regeneration.

Glad to hear it keeps most of your stuff!

I got the High Jump ability really early on which is so useful!

I'll try hard mode and see how I get on. :)

Does it keep my Quests too? I dread to think I have to do Lindsays and that Church girls all again.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So I brought my Switch over to a friends house and played some on his really nice tv. I was kind of surprised at how good it looked from the couch.

They perfectly captured the look and feel of the game. Up close or in 4K the cuts are a lot more noticeable. From a reasonable distance it looks far better. This is why it looks so good in portable.

First time I played this was only a feet or two away from the screen and the rough edges were a lot more noticeable . On a couch when you are 4 or 5 ft away from even a large tv there is almost a natural anti aliasing that goes on. The ghosting effect you see up close is masked as well. It looks pretty good.

Admittedly load times are abit excessive and lag is slightly too much but when the lag patch drops it’ll actually be a pretty good way to play the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Made some solid progress tonight after looking up where to go next after being stuck a long while last night. Glad I checked as I needed a set of armor and there was no obvious indicator on the map to go where it was and use invert (map was fully revealed and no chest indicator shown).

91.8% map completion and a bit under 17 hours. Should beat it early next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom