• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes |OT| One Hero For Every Season Since the Last Good Suikoden Game

Which Platform Are You Playing On?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Xbox / Game Pass

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Steam

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Epic Games Store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOG

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
JeGR1hy.png

vXVvx8P.png

dxAVRlq.png

The Galdean Empire has edged out other nations and discovered a technology that amplifies the rune-lenses’ magic. Now, the Empire is scouring the continent for an artifact that will expand their power even further. It is on one such expedition that Seign Kesling, a young and gifted imperial officer, and Nowa, a boy from a remote village, meet each other and become friends. However, a twist of fate will soon drag them into the fires of war, and force them both to reexamine everything they believe to be right and true.

ClbC2K1.png

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes boasts an expansive cast of over 100 unique characters, each with their own vivid voice acting and intricate backstories. Delve into a world where every ally offers distinct skills and stories, enriching your journey with their individuality. Your adventure will intertwine with characters from all walks of life, inviting you to explore the breadth of human experience in a rich, fantasy tapestry.

100Characters.jpg

amigoshh.gif

9ZIL7l8.png

At the heart of Eiyuden Chronicle lies a strategic turn based JRPG experience that demands mastery over battle tactics and resource management. Dive into intricate battles where positioning, alliances, and the terrain itself can turn the tide of war. Unleash powerful hero combo attacks and adapt to the ever-changing battlefield where every move is crucial.

0yOqWH6.png

htoY0va.png

jXsQf0O.png

hbdBMJU.png

newwar.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Belthazar

Played a bit during my lunch break today, it seems like I'll enjoy it a lot... But damn, it looks soft on PS5 and it also has what are possibly the worst shadows I've seen in a game for a while.

Hopefully they fix all of that soon.

bender

What time is it?
Played to the first achievement (friendship attack) and boy does it like to cut to an exposition scene every few steps.

Metnut

Looks like they gave me a PC/Steam code despite putting in PS5 when I backed the project. Really frustrating as I don’t own a PC.

Sent some messages to Yetee and to the studio (via kickstarter) but looks like I won’t be able to play the game until they sort this all out despite backing the project.

jshackles

So is this about 30-35 hours? If so, that's encouraging honestly.
HowLongToBeat says 45-60, but it's hard to say since the game just came out today and that's based on user submissions

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'm 10 hours in. It's okay but the localization damages the tone of the game. Had to cut myself down from being too critical of the game looking like a unity asset flip. At its core it is a Suikoden successor but it won't match 2 but it may be equal with the first game.

(I've only played the first two Suikoden games. I ain't playing a 3D Suikoden. Hell naw.)

I'm 10 hours in. It's okay but the localization damages the tone of the game. Had to cut myself down from being too critical of the game looking like a unity asset flip. At its core it is a Suikoden successor but it won't match 2 but it may be equal with the first game.

(I've only played the first two Suikoden games. I ain't playing a 3D Suikoden. Hell naw.)

Unfortunately I bought the PS4 Version (Digitally)

I should have gotten the game on Steam so I could wait for fan translation mod before I play it

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Auto battle lets you chill and grind. My gripe is being aware of two things 1. Localization issues and 2. Critics 🤮

This is great for old school JRPG fans. When I go back to play classic RPGs like these I don’t tend to read a lot of reviews because it’s like “there’s people who think this genre is crap for not doing something more modern”. I didn’t buy this because it’s a modern JRPG.

This. If I wanted to I could boot up my Vita and play Suikoden 1 or 2 again.

Brigandier

Y'all we need to talk!!! I am absolutely livid... I am OUTRAGED at how racist this game is, I am literally shaking right now.

The Kangaroo and Crocodile people in this game are only voiced by Australians what about other people???... Implying that Australians are all either Kangaroos or Crocodiles is so offensive.
I love the fact Aussies voice the kangaroos 🤣

jshackles

Played through the first hour, liking it so far. Not a huge fan of the "everyone selects their move, then combat happens" thing, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Also funny playing another game where the main characters are Nowa (Noah) and Mio, same as Xenoblade 3.

NeoLed

Sad to hear that this game got Hogwarts treatment from the other side of the fences. All that hardwork by the artists, designers, writers are treated like nothing because they hate the work of a translator.

Btw, the game just got patched. Any patch notes to read?

Top Bottom