• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Pre-launch Trailer

Watch the new Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Pre-launch Trailer featuring never before seen companions you will encounter on your journey. Join us for the launch on April 23, 2024 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, EPIC Games, GOG, and Steam.
Prepare for a meticulously crafted turn-based JRPG with gorgeous 2D sprites and 3D backgrounds. Create your ideal 6-character party and choose from more than 100 unique heroes to join you through the war-torn continent of Allraan. Manage your town and recruit companions to gather resources, expand production, and develop new facilities to aid in your campaign. Confront foes in strategic one-on-one duels and intense war battles that will shape your story.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is the #1 backed Kickstarter video game of 2020 and successfully raised over $4.6 million with 46,307 backers.

Davevil

OM7.gif
282.gif

where are the tactical battle?

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks great.
Not sure I'll be there at launch because there's just too much stuff to play right now. But I'll be playing it for sure this year.

Everyone was talking about how last year was stacked, but as a fan of Japanese games, the first 4 months of this year are absolutely demolishing my wallet.

Seriously.
With just the games released in the first 4 months of the year they could announce that starting in May no new games will release for the rest of 2024 and I'd easily have enough things to play until early 2025.

KXVXII9X

Everyone was talking about how last year was stacked, but as a fan of Japanese games, the first 4 months of this year are absolutely demolishing my wallet.
Right! As JRPG games fan this year is stacked for me. This may be the first time in a decade where I have multiple games I want to buy at a time. Plus, there are other solid titles outside Japan like No Rest for the Wicked, The Plucky Squire, and Wukong Black Myth. The return of LEVEL 5 games also has me really excited for both DecaPolice and Fantasy Life: The Girl Who Stole Time this year.

Pallas

Gold Member
I backed a physical copy version with some goodies…on Yetee(steel case, cloth map, collectible card set)

I’m hoping a sequel is possible in someway after the passing of Murayama-San 😭

Edit: Anyone know when backer copies are getting shipped?

Last edited:
Beta version is up for backers, but I'm neck deep in FF7 Rebirth, and Dragon's Dogma 2 is next week so I'm just going to wait for the official release.

I'm almost 100% certain I got a physical copy for the crowd-funding.
We do, but if you're not certain then you may have missed the window to pick your copy. Might want to check on that!

Mr Hyde

Pre-ordered on PS5. This is the biggest gaming event in 20 years for me. The hype levels are at an all time high now. Will clear my entire schedule, and life, when it drops in April.

Reactions: Isa

StereoVsn

Somehow I forgot this is coming in soon. I haven’t even gotten to Unicorn Overlord 😔.

Are there any performance evaluations for the Switch version? Thinking about picking up Switch or PS5 physical and PC digital.

Deerock71

Wasn’t really keeping up with the development, but yeah. Snuck up on me.
Sure as shit, from Wikipedia:

"The fundraising campaign for the Eiyuden Chronicle project was conducted through the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter.[2] The campaign exceeded all of the original stretch goals and met its base funding requirements after surpassing $500,000 within 3 to 4 hours on July 27, 2020.[3] It ultimately raised $4,541,481 with 46,307 backers, making it the third highest funded video game in Kickstarter history behind Shenmue III and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.[4]"

Kacho

Sure as shit, from Wikipedia:

"The fundraising campaign for the Eiyuden Chronicle project was conducted through the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter.[2] The campaign exceeded all of the original stretch goals and met its base funding requirements after surpassing $500,000 within 3 to 4 hours on July 27, 2020.[3] It ultimately raised $4,541,481 with 46,307 backers, making it the third highest funded video game in Kickstarter history behind Shenmue III and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.[4]"
46k kickstarter backers with exquisite taste saving us from a industry overrun with GAAS-tards

smug american psycho GIF

Belthazar

I'm waiting before preordering on PS5... Who knows, they may just drop it into ps+ extra like for Sea of Stars.

It looks fantastic though and I'll be playing day one regardless, hopefully it's a meaty game.

Top Bottom