• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne (PS4) Playstation Blog Update - New Details, New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

Atmospherically, Bloodborne will be Tower of Latria: The Game?

2590894-3929099670-7aY7V.gif

I know, I still can't believe Miyazaki uttered those words. I know that was his baby too but that's a lot to live up to IMHO.

sn00zer

As a non Souls fan its kind of hard to get excited by the gameplay they showed....the game SOUNDS amazing but the demo they showed just looked like Souls with some cool cloth physics... I am a bit confused as to how people look at footage and say 'OMG BEST GAME EVAR TEARS OF JOY' when it looks almost exactly like the 3 other souls games with new lighting and physics

EDIT: Basically the game sounds great on paper, but so far it looks like Souls with slightly modified combat and a ne engine...setting looks cool though

Cetra

Taking the car and driving around the world irl

Because WHY THE HELL NOT

THIS ADRENALINE NEEDS TO LEAVE MY BODY

Edit: mother of GOD found this cool fucking harvest moon place. INTENSE!!!!

Edit 2: fuck i need to leave this place before they find me

Edit: SOMEONE JUST SAW ME FUCK FUCK FUL GUCÖ
WND

lmfao. Dude, best post ever.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The battle system will just be a bunch of "quick rolls" out of the way now. I liked the slow paced battle system that shields made. Fighting is more calculated that way, plus shields are pretty :)

Action games rid themselves of shields to speed up the gameplay, I don't want that, I want my proper "Souls" battle system..... I don't want to be "quick rolling", and "side stepping" all the time :(

If there is one thing in the "Souls" series that didn't need to be fucked with, it was/is the battle system. It WAS perfect the way it was.

P.S.
Hopefully I am overreacting and shields are still in the game.

Well, shotgun is there, and seeing the way that shotgun used, it seem it's going to be the defensive weapon to stagger enemies at the right time. They might also implement parry using weapon. With that in mind, i'm sure the very essence of souls combat won't be diminished or simplified in this game.

(i really hope so)

The battle system will just be a bunch of "quick rolls" out of the way now. I liked the slow paced battle system that shields made. Fighting is more calculated that way, plus shields are pretty :)

Action games rid themselves of shields to speed up the gameplay, I don't want that, I want my proper "Souls" battle system..... I don't want to be "quick rolling", and "side stepping" all the time :(

If there is one thing in the "Souls" series that didn't need to be fucked with, it was/is the battle system. It WAS perfect the way it was.

P.S.
Hopefully I am overreacting and shields are still in the game.

How about they actually do what they want to do with the battle system instead of settling on one thing for the rest of fucking eternity? It's a new ip, you shouldn't just expect it to be exactly like Souls.

StuBurns

Banned
As a non Souls fan its kind of hard to get excited by the gameplay they showed....the game SOUNDS amazing but the demo they showed just looked like Souls with some cool cloth physics... I am a bit confused as to how people look at footage and say 'OMG BEST GAME EVAR TEARS OF JOY' when it looks almost exactly like the 3 other souls games with new lighting and physics

EDIT: Basically the game sounds great on paper, but so far it looks like Souls with slightly modified combat and a ne engine...setting looks cool though
What is there to be confused about? Lots of people think Dark Souls is one of the best games ever, this looks like the evolution of that with much better art and technology.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
where the FUCK am i right now

it's getting dark

FUCK WHERE'S MY SHOTGUN AND SCYTHE

WHERE IS IT

BumRush

What gameplay? The guy climbing a ladder?

Bloodrage

Banned

If you're not a Souls fan why would you expect to be excited? Are you one of those people that expected DMC? Your post doesn't make sense as it reads as if you're complaining that Bloodborne, a Souls spiritual successor, is going to play like a Souls game.

Because Souls fans know how a Souls game plays and are simply excited by the aesthetics and setting. The person playing was either a scrub or many of the standard features are not yet in game but are reasonably expected to be there by launch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck that noise.

Dude's rich

HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP

I normally wouldn't quote to defend myself here but I'm reading this post and laughing my ass off so I HAD to put this image up. From my bank:

1,44 SEK = 0,21 USD

RICH!

:D

Wray

Can somebody who seen the behind the scenes gameplay comment on whether or not From added in dismemberment, decapitations, and other gore to enhance the combat?

One of the big problems with the Souls games so far as been that the visuals don't match the sound effects when you attack/hit enemies. It "feels" and "sounds" like you just cut some sap in half or lopped off a head, but instead you barely get a blood splatter.

Draft

As a non souls fan maybe the game isn't for you. One of AAA developments great flaws is the desire to appeal to everyone. Sometimes what makes a game fun is as much what it doesn't have as what it does. There's no way to make a game that appeals to everyone. Some games will only appeal to a small number of people. Try to make them more mass market and maybe that fails plus whatever made he game fun for its small audience goes away too.

Toxi

Banned

We (The people not privy to the whole demo) have barely seen any gameplay footage. What we did see are some very atmospheric areas, some better-than-expected graphics, and gameplay that looks similar to some of the best combat of the past generation.

And then we have all this stuff that's not gameplay footage that sounds amazing: The tone they're going for, the new mechanics like guns and wandering enemies, and the lore of this new world.

Maybe I'm just excited about it because I love From's style, but I think that excitement will be infectious as more gameplay gets shown.

Can somebody who seen the behind the scenes gameplay comment on whether or not From added in dismemberment, decapitations, and other gore to enhance the combat?

One of the big problems with the Souls games so far as been that the visuals don't match the sound effects when you attack/hit enemies. It "feels" and "sounds" like you just cut some sap in half or lopped off a head, but instead you barely get a blood splatter.
I haven't seen the behind-the-scenes footage, but blood splatters are clearly more prominent in what was shown. I'm guessing it's to fit the whole blood theme.

Bloodrage

Banned

So much blood it soaks your clothing. Ragdoll physics are back as well. The demo, which was meant to be closed doors only, just looks like beautiful test footage.

Honestly the dynamism of this game could be one of the best things. No specific layout not only provides huge replay value and tension in gameplay but also gives the city a lively feeling. Again drawbacks to Latria where the mindflayers were constantly patrolling which mad encounters more frightening since you often did not expect to run into them.

Theres also talk of boss battles coming out of nowhere and fog gates enclosing you to square off against some demonic beast.

tskeeve

I forget where I saw it/read it, but from what I recall a games journalist was mentioning that decapitation is in. Again, I might be mistaken, but I do have a distinct feeling that this was mentioned.

All this discussion of shields, or lack thereof, got me going back to Demon's and for the first time, giving up my shield to old Thomas. I proceeded to go back through the worlds and christ almighty! It's almost night and day. Loving it.

Quasar

Interesting and interesting release date.

So when is deep down supposed to be out? Interesting that Sony would help produce both of them.

HeelPower

Honestly the dynamism of this game could be one of the best things. No specific layout not only provides huge replay value and tension in gameplay but also gives the city a lively feeling. Again drawbacks to Latria where the mindflayers were constantly patrolling which mad encounters more frightening since you often did not expect to run into them.

Theres also talk of boss battles coming out of nowhere and fog gates enclosing you to square off against some demonic beast.

It was pretty easy to know when a mindflayer was around.Ding ding ding they were pretty loud.

Yoshichan

safety!

i found safety!

now that I'm back, did I miss anything?! news? videos?! ANYTHING???

KORNdoggy

Trying to wrap my head around the issue you're having tbh. What is difficult to understand about fans of a series of games with a very specific form of gameplay, being excited about a game that is a technologically superior offering of the same thing. This might shock you as well, but i'm looking forward to lords of the fallen too because it looks a lot like the souls games...i know right...crazy!

Lucent

Every passing second is an eternity with so little info for me.

I feel you. ;-;

Since they could show something behind closed doors though, I'm fairly confident that they should have a version that can be shown to the public in the next event. TGS at the very latest. I just want direct feed at 1080p/60fps from gamersyde and have sound. I would watch a 30 minute demo over and over until it's released. lol

Lucent

Those aren't going to be all over the boxart are they? :/

Hopefully not, but I've gone all digital this gen so far. But if they have any kind of collector's edition like they have with the previous souls games, I'm gonna have to make this a physical copy. I've never seen them put this kind of stuff on their cases though, so I wouldn't be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom