• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Press Preview Impressions (16/03/2015)

So I guess that once the initial 5GB installs, you can just put the ps4 in rest mode to install the rest? You don't have to be in game to trigger the install? Sorry for the moronic question.

Also: Driveclub. Thoughts?

Yes, if you highlight the game then hit options and information it will show you the download progress.

Grady

Just spoke to amazon rep and he tried telling me they ship games out the day of release, that they cant ship it out the day before. So i asked, how do i get it on release day? He says, you cant. LoL, fucking clueless. Anyways if they do not ship it soon i will be cancelling my ce pre order and just walk into walmart to buy it.

Bluenoser

Just spoke to amazon rep and he tried telling me they ship games out the day of release, that they cant ship it out the day before. So i asked, how do i get it on release day? He says, you cant. LoL, fucking clueless. Anyways if they do not ship it soon i will be cancelling my ce pre order and just walk into walmart to buy it.

LMAO I can show you proof that I received mine today- from Amazon. Fuck they hire morons to do those jobs.

Bluenoser

Dude, my order now says may 6th delivery. I got fucked.

Ouch, to be fair though, I did get the standard edition. Maybe they got their collectors late? Or maybe they didn't get enough? It seems all the people who are waiting on it to ship are stating it's CE.

Decided to cancel my collectors since it wasn't shipped yet ._. and alot of people were saying that they were having issues too. Gonna buy it digitally~
Ouch, to be fair though, I did get the standard edition. Maybe they got their collectors late? Or maybe they didn't get enough? It seems all the people who are waiting on it to ship are stating it's CE.

Yeah, I ordered it a couple weeks ago too, maybe that's it..?

I heard polygon works closely with mS, is this true? or are they just known for being harsher on playstation?

their tlou review was a lot lower than most of the other reviews it got.
ah, thanks for this

Microsoft supposedly gave them a lot of money(750k if remember correctly) for some project a while back.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Is returning an Amazon package relatively painless? I'd rather buy it digitally but I didn't cancel my Amazon order in time.

It's about as painless as it gets. Just print out a label, shove it in a box, and either drop it off or have it picked up.

lordxar

On the bad side I'm stuck working late today but on the good side I can bail on work early tomorrow and die a hundred times :)

Grady

Decided to cancel my collectors since it wasn't shipped yet ._. and alot of people were saying that they were having issues too. Gonna buy it digitally~

Yeah, I ordered it a couple weeks ago too, maybe that's it..?

Lol, they give me 5 dollar gift certificate and said i will not receive the game. I ordered mine on Feb 1st. Fuck it, Walmart it is i guess. Hopefully they have some left.

I don't understand why people are getting themselves really worked up over scores, tis only an arbitrary number taken from a subjective review, for which every one has different tastes. So lets say in a hypothetical world, if the game gets to be in the 7-8 range (which I don't understand how people interpret that as bad) would that make you skip what is likely going to be an awesome addition to the souls series? I mean hell dark souls 2 was like an 8 ish game if I remember correctly, and its still pretty great.

Bloodborne = Devil May Souls = Fantastic!!

Can't wait to play this, I much prefer this over-aggressive style to hiding behind a shield!

Yup. It's why I'm tempted to pick this up come UK release on Friday.

I've only ever played Demon's Souls for a couple hours and enjoyed it but this really seems like a better fast paced/strategic combat style. Will eagerly await reviews and Gaffer impressions until then!

taa0098

Neo Member
Why Amazon? Why? I'll give it another 2 hours before I cancel.

I just talked to a service rep who said that it'll be a guaranteed delivery tomorrow, and that since I live close to a distribution center they'll ship it overnight. (pre-ordered the ce and also have not gotten any shipping e-mails yet). That's also what other people in this thread have told me.

I haven't had problems with amazon in the past, so I'll trust them on this, the most important of products.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I had the CE ordered, but if Amazon really is going to be late with the CEs, I'm going to cancel and buy digital.

Honestly, it's probably a game I'll want quick access to on my hard drive, the artbook looked kind of pathetic in the unboxing, and I'm sure there will be other ways to get the soundtrack.

Drewfonse

I'm not getting it from Amazon, but I would assure people who are that they are extremely reliable in getting you your games on the release date. Like, probably 100/100 for me.

It is getting renamed at a rate i have never seen before, because the guy who should be doing the OT can't do it right now so mods put it up.

Can you link me to it? I can't find it anymore, as it doesn't appear to even have the word "bloodborne" in its title.

AlexIIDX

I'm not getting it from Amazon, but I would assure people who are that they are extremely reliable in getting you your games on the release date. Like, probably 100/100 for me.

Ive never got anything late from them either, but i'm starting to get a little worried at this point lol. My friend who lives a mile away had his ship yesterday. Not saying that has an effect on my order but If it really hasn't shipped idk how its gonna get here in time.

Keep your pre-order, the shipping can get processed over night and in the early morning depending on how close you live to a distribution center. Don't lose out on your CE just because you want to visually see "shipped" in a timely manner. I have day one delivery through Amazon.ca and it's not shipped, but I'm expecting it tomorrow.

Courage

I've installed "a" patch, not sure if its "the" patch, and yeah, it has those issues. But it performs better than past souls games, so theres that.

Yeah, the aliasing is noticeable. Didn't really mind the framerate though, seems stable 95% of the time.

Top Bottom