• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF2042 leaked gameplay and screenshots - aka that NDA really working great

twilo99

the gunplay alone utterly burries CoD. There's actual recoil and a need to lead your shots when shooting long distance

it ain't back 4 blood level of bad in that department thats for sure

Some mw2019 and warzone/coldwar guns have plenty of recoil, and some have very little, but I think that's just to make it easier for controller players.

cod has really solid guns in general, I think it one of the best assets they have in the game

M.W.

This looks like they took alot of feedback from the 14-year-old fanbase. "I wanna move faster and bunny hop!"

Pretty much. You sprint incredibly fast most likely because the maps are even bigger. You would think upping the player count to 128 would make it feel populated, it doesn't. Map felt empty.

Romulus

Pretty much. You sprint incredibly fast most likely because the maps are even bigger. You would think upping the player count to 128 would make it feel populated, it doesn't. Map felt empty.

Damn, yeah I think it'll be another 10 years before mainstream AAA games ever get to massive scale battles like I've experienced in planetside 2, and that launched almost 10 years ago. Still, more fun than 90% of these "AAA" trash shooters if you like large scale.

splattered

I know these videos are early technical test but it worries me how huge the maps are and how long people go without even engaging an enemy... Worried it could get boring because you're just running 2/3 of the time looking for something to do

S0ULZB0URNE

Looks like Modern Warfare (2019) will not be dethroned as best FPS ever.

Good.
NsT21pt.gif

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Just watched the 10 minute gameplay video posted by TrumpacShakur.

The game design doesn't look too interesting but my God has the fidelity of open world games gotten nuts. The sun is about to rise on the open world multiplayer genre.

hlm666

A lot of people in this thread are going to look like idiots because they refuse to take DICE at their word when they say that this is a technical test and not meant to showcase gameplay in anyway. If you want to experience gameplay, wait for the beta.
I hope your right, but the technical test for bf4 was a pretty good indication of gameplay. It actually played a bit better than bf4 at release aswell, the tech test suffered less from the rubber banding and other network issues bf4 had at release.

Divus

The frame rate really is hurting the alpha. 30 tops and it drops down to 2 - 4 in spots and your more or less stuck in that area until unable to do much as its impossible to figure out what's going on.

Justin9mm

It is absolutely held back by being cross gen. Whether it ends up looking better than the alpha, sure that's very likely. But it will never be what it could have been had it been designed for a base PS5/XSX spec.
Mate there is something that looks cross gen and the there is this! Not sure if you know what you are looking at but everything is rough like real rough.

Klik

Looks like Modern Warfare (2019) will not be dethroned as best FPS ever.

Good.
COD MW is good deathmatch shooter to have some fun. COD Conquest type of map/gameplay is just terrible, its NOTHING like Battlefield.Night and day difference. So i guess depends what you like. BF is totally different game than COD. I have more than 500hours in BF5, which everyone said it was the worst BF, but as for me it was ok. On the other hand, i could never really get into COD MW. I guess i only bought it because i missed modern timeline Battlefield(last time we had one was BF4 8 years ago)

One thing that is so annoying in COD is that tactic is 0% in this game. Everytime there is someone behind you, doesnt matter if its deathmatch or conquest. You can't stay 5sec in same spot without getting killed from behind.You walk for 10sec and boon someone's behind you

Last edited:

SantaC

Gold Member
People need to realize that this game wont look better then BF4 since it was also on xbox one and ps4.

EA went with the dumbest decision ever by making it crossgen. Especially since no one plays on the last gen consoles anymore. People have moved on.

Last edited:
The game looks fast because of the wide FOV. That said, Battlefield is designed to play fast even if a large majority of it's player base refuses to play that way. Everything else looks like the gameplay found in BF3 and 4. I'm not sure why people still seem to think Battlefield is a milsim. It is and always has been an arcade shooter.
No. It's not "designed" to play fast. They did that to cater to the cod crowd. No recoil, no weight... Just like all the cod kiddies like it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I know these videos are early technical test but it worries me how huge the maps are and how long people go without even engaging an enemy... Worried it could get boring because you're just running 2/3 of the time looking for something to do
this is why Operations was so important to the franchise. it split the maps into chunks and put you right back into the action very close to the flags.

lets hope they bring it back because breakthrough just isnt good enough.

M.W.

People need to realize that this game wont look better then BF4 since it was also on xbox one and ps4.

EA went with the dumbest decision ever by making it crossgen. Especially since no one plays on the last gen consoles anymore. People have moved on.
There's 2 separate teams working on this game. One team for last gen and another team strictly for next gen and PC. It should look amazing.

Derktron

Banned
This is why people like you should have no right to even have the power to even comment on anything like this on a gaming forum. First off yes you are correct on the part where the game should be next-gen I'll give you that, bravo you get one point from me but the rest just pisses me off which makes me want to pull out my hair on the stupidity of such pretentious comment. So I don't know if you are don't realize that but we're still in a pandemic where it has become really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really had to get any console, the PS5 and the Xbox Series X/S and hell even computer parts like GPUs that are hard to come by unless you slut yourself out and buy from these scums of a scapers. So please reframe yourself from ever saying such a comment when you should think about what you say unless you want someone like me to clap those online cheeks. Seriously do you not realize that people have to force themselves to continue to play on old systems because of how hard it is still to get any new console and keep in mind it's been almost a damn year and no luck. (MODS SORRY BUT IF YOU WANT TO BAN ME PLEASE DO CAUSE I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE LIKE THIS GUY WHO MAKES ASSUMPTIONS WITHOUT DOING ANY SORT OF RESEARCH)

PS.

yes, people still play on last-gen.

Haggard

Banned
Especially since no one plays on the last gen consoles anymore. People have moved on.
this must be the dumbest thing I´ve read in a while....

out of ~230 million console gamers only a whopping ~15 million could actually purchase a next gen console until now. And you think the remaining 215 million simply ...stopped gaming alltogether?
How much under a rock can a person live?

elliot5

but BF1 and BFV both look better than BF4... why would 2042 be any worse?

SantaC

Gold Member
This is why people like you should have no right to even have the power to even comment on anything like this on a gaming forum. First off yes you are correct on the part where the game should be next-gen I'll give you that, bravo you get one point from me but the rest just pisses me off which makes me want to pull out my hair on the stupidity of such pretentious comment. So I don't know if you are don't realize that but we're still in a pandemic where it has become really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really had to get any console, the PS5 and the Xbox Series X/S and hell even computer parts like GPUs that are hard to come by unless you slut yourself out and buy from these scums of a scapers. So please reframe yourself from ever saying such a comment when you should think about what you say unless you want someone like me to clap those online cheeks. Seriously do you not realize that people have to force themselves to continue to play on old systems because of how hard it is still to get any new console and keep in mind it's been almost a damn year and no luck. (MODS SORRY BUT IF YOU WANT TO BAN ME PLEASE DO CAUSE I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE LIKE THIS GUY WHO MAKES ASSUMPTIONS WITHOUT DOING ANY SORT OF RESEARCH)

PS.

yes, people still play on last-gen.
Lol talk about getting riled up over nothing. Research? Yeah you are not going to see a lot of that on these forums. You must be new here.

Sygma

Someone in the thread had it right, BF 3 had a VERY infamous beta to say the least lol, and release was awesome. Its always the case for every single BF

2042 is the best one since Special Forces and its not even a context at this point. Bad Company 2 was a nice exception, 3 was dogshit outside of the CQC expansion, 4 even worse, 1 was a cool one, V was legit horrible. This time tho they got it right and it was about damn time. RIght I forgot 1943 which also was pretty good my bad

Last edited:

Klik

You're trolling right? BF5 on PS4 looks leagues better compared to BF4.

Also, no one plays on last gen consoles anymore? Wtf dude

I do agree with crossgen part though, too bad its not PS5/Xbox Series S/X/PC only.Lot of things will be limited (destruction for example) beacuse PS4/X1 can't handle it and well there can't be big difference in terms of destruction, physics etc between console generation

Last edited:

M.W.

You're trolling right? BF5 on PS4 looks leagues better compared to BF4.

Also, no one plays on last gen consoles anymore? Wtf dude

I do agree with crossgen part though, too bad its not PS5/Xbox Series S/X/PC only.Lot of things will be limited (destruction for example) beacuse PS4/X1 can't handle it and well there can't be big difference in terms of destruction, physics etc between console generation

Two separate teams are working on either version of the game. It's not cross gen.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Game play actually looks pretty good so far, but I'm hesitant because I didn't like BF1 or 4.

the gunplay alone utterly burries CoD. There's actual recoil and a need to lead your shots when shooting long distance

it ain't back 4 blood level of bad in that department thats for sure
Is Back 4 blood bad? I've only heard good things about it so far.

I have a broken foot and have absolutely nothing to do would love an alpha key on series x
Also mw2019 was goat
Good campaign
Good gunplay and recoil
Amazing 2v2 game modes
Solid battle royale, good large scale maps
The game literally had everything for everyone and even the coop was enjoyable

Banned
Game play actually looks pretty good so far, but I'm hesitant because I didn't like BF1 or 4.

Is Back 4 blood bad? I've only heard good things about it so far.

it plays like absolute ass on Controller and has no FOV slider on console so far. it's still a beta but stuff like that rarely changes in these fake betas devs do nowadays

Dream-Knife

Banned
it plays like absolute ass on Controller and has no FOV slider on console so far. it's still a beta but stuff like that rarely changes in these fake betas devs do nowadays
I'm PCMR now so that isn't a concern.

One of my buddies is really hyped for this game and wants me to get it. What I've seen so far looks like fun, but I hated BF1 and 4 so that's making me hold off. That, and I have to install Origin to play it.

jaysius

Banned
It's an alpha. Helicopter props don't even spin
Sshhhhh let them, have their freak out because they don’t understand what a real alpha looks like.

Blame idiot marketing shopping what are actually final build demos as alphas and beta for years.

Last edited:

M.W.

Sshhhhh let them, have their freak out because they don’t understand what a real alpha looks like.

Blame idiot marketing shopping what are actually final build demos as alphas and beta for years.

I can't image the fun factor increasing from alpha to final product.

Top Bottom