• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF2042 leaked gameplay and screenshots - aka that NDA really working great

M.W.

Running in BF2042 =

CKez.gif

RaptorGTA

Gold Member
Unable to edit my old posts to add new vids :/

I really like how the map looks from the air. Not sure how we'll that translate to when you are on the ground. But it looks good. I have yet to see any video showing the rocket launching or the weather changing so I am assuming that's been disabled.

Reactions: Isa

manfestival

I can't wait to get my hands on this game.... in it's final form. I imagine this is mostly for testing purposes anyways that this feels like such an early build based off of images and videos.

Also pouring one out for all of those that sacrificed their NDA to share this information with us lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

twilo99

I really like how the map looks from the air. Not sure how we'll that translate to when you are on the ground. But it looks good. I have yet to see any video showing the rocket launching or the weather changing so I am assuming that's been disabled.

The colors look way better than warzone that's for sure.

The map is massive... is that normal for the series?

EDMIX

you can see shit isn't final. Don't come with crossgen bs when even BF4 looks better.

Agreed.

I think its simply based on not being final, beta, based on a USERS PC as in they could be playing that thing on ultra low for all we know with everything turned off or something.

If anyone can do cross gen, its DICE, they are one of the few teams I even believe that term truly applies to.

SantaC

Gold Member
Agreed.

I think its simply based on not being final, beta, based on a USERS PC as in they could be playing that thing on ultra low for all we know with everything turned off or something.

If anyone can do cross gen, its DICE, they are one of the few teams I even believe that term truly applies to.
People dont understand that there is a tradeoff with massive maps and huge player counts.

They could had made smallish maps with 32 players and the graphic fidelty would be much better.

Perrott

Damn, the game looks terrible. And I'm not talking about graphics and shit, but rather the gunplay, player movement, level design, etc. It looks very bland in all those aspects, similarly to a Call of Duty game or a battle royale.

I'm afraid that the Battlefield 4 days won't ever come back...

Last edited:

Yams

This is mind-boggling to me. It looks like a direct sequel to BF4. Sure, the movement looks like a combination of BFV and BF4 but it leans far more towards 4. Map design seems like a continuation of BF4 launch maps versus the last two BF games as well. Getting strong Rogue Transmission, Hainan Resort, and Lancang Dam vibes from this footage.

Perrott

This is mind-boggling to me. It looks like a direct sequel to BF4. Sure, the movement looks like a combination of BFV and BF4 but it leans far more towards 4. Map design seems like a continuation of BF4 launch maps versus the last two BF games as well. Getting strong Rogue Transmission, Hainan Resort, and Lancang Dam vibes from this footage.
To be honest, all this leaked footage reminds me a lot more of BFV than BF4. There's just something off about it that doesn't feel like Battlefield to me. I hope the open beta proves me wrong tho.

Starfield

I did, but since they keep popping up and there's no action from EA, I'm seriously confused with what type of NDA they have, especially with people saying they got keys (meaning it's not an internal testing).
its a closed testing phase but people still get invited if they applied for it. Theres an NDA but noone cares apparently.

for example im in th closed beta for Age of Empires 4. Ive played it alot already but I cant tell you about it. I honestly think EA doesnt care about NDA breach since its free marketing for them

What is with all the sprinting, sliding, twitchy fucking bullshit? BF used to have somewhat realistic movement and shooting. This looks like a F2P COD clone made for 12 year olds who steal their parents credit card to buy skins.

RNG

So dumb how they capped the test at 30fps, all the closed alphas I've ever played for BF were uncapped on PC.

i don't believe it. i'm actually excited for a Battlefield game again! last time i was this excited was 2011. i'll remain cautiously optimistic though. is there gonna be an open beta? god i remember playing the BF3 open beta on PS3. i spent so many hours watching the Alpha wishing i could play it and that was the game that really pushed me to build a gaming PC.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why is jumping even a thing in these military shooters? Who the hell JUMPS with all that gear on, much less jumping and shooting at the same time.

Did you just critique a videogame for being a videogame?

Who takes a 5.56 shot to the face and keeps walking....most 5.56 shots in the game dont 100 damage.
Realistically a M4-esc shot to the face would drop pretty much any human being.

M.W.

Yep, still don't like it. You can't see shit in this game. Sprint speed is laughable and the slide, oh the slide lol.

Been killed multiple times by someone sliding and avoiding hit detection.

Last edited:

Sygma

Damn, the game looks terrible. And I'm not talking about graphics and shit, but rather the gunplay, player movement, level design, etc. It looks very bland in all those aspects, similarly to a Call of Duty game or a battle royale.

the gunplay alone utterly burries CoD. There's actual recoil and a need to lead your shots when shooting long distance

it ain't back 4 blood level of bad in that department thats for sure

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Did you just critique a videogame for being a videogame?

Who takes a 5.56 shot to the face and keeps walking....most 5.56 shots in the game dont 100 damage.
Realistically a M4-esc shot to the face would drop pretty much any human being.
You might want to read my first response before jumping into a conversation and make assumptions.

It’s a dumb mechanic and it makes people look dumb when they do it. Watch any sweat on YouTube, they start getting shot and they just hop,hop,hop.

Same goes for slide canceling. Sliding itself isn’t bad but the cancel part makes people look really dumb. Of course the solution to that is take away double sprint- something that seems unique to MW/WZ.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
What is with all the sprinting, sliding, twitchy fucking bullshit? BF used to have somewhat realistic movement and shooting. This looks like a F2P COD clone made for 12 year olds who steal their parents credit card to buy skins.
Careful. Some people here might get all triggered and tell you “iTs JuSt a vIDYa gAMe” as they attempt to defend such atrocious mechanics.”

hlm666

Had hopes for this but these videos have killed it. The grappling hook looks like it's straight of a 90's quake mod, the size of the tracers (especially from the little bird) look so stupid. The sound the rockets are making when hitting is terrible. The infantry to vehicle balance looks shot to shit and the whole game flow and pace looks like a cure for insomnia.

GreyHand23

A lot of people in this thread are going to look like idiots because they refuse to take DICE at their word when they say that this is a technical test and not meant to showcase gameplay in anyway. If you want to experience gameplay, wait for the beta.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
A lot of people in this thread are going to look like idiots because they refuse to take DICE at their word when they say that this is a technical test and not meant to showcase gameplay in anyway. If you want to experience gameplay, wait for the beta.
Are you telling me that I actually have to wait for proper information before I get my shitty hot take out to try and get reactions out of people?

I'm sorry sir but this is the internet and I have rights.

Nvzman

Its kind of amazing how many people here are judging the closed alpha like its final release, goes to show you how little people know/remember how BF alphas/betas have always worked...

Newsflash: every single Battlefield alpha/beta has always looked and (kind of played) like dogshit. BF3's beta was an infamously glitchy mess with hilariously broken shit, I remember playing the BF4 beta on PS3 and thinking it was genuinely terrible, both visually and gameplay, and then the game came out and I think it was one of the best multiplayer games of the entire PS4/Xbone gen. These are just internal tests to stress netcode and get feedback, DICE has never cared if the alpha or betas were super polished and finished, these are what real alphas and betas are. And even if the game does wind up similar to the alpha at launch, DICE is one of the most receptive developers when it comes to updates: BF4 went from a broken mess (in different ways from the beta, mind you) at launch to an amazing multiplayer experience. I'm sure it'll turn out good, the gameplay videos already look very promising.

Also funny how many people complain that it looks like COD, when BF3 and BF4 were getting those very same complaints a decade ago. Things just never change lol.
Never forget:
Iww09Y.gif

Top Bottom