• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF2042 leaked gameplay and screenshots - aka that NDA really working great

Starfield

mirror:

EsNPAlY.jpeg

NTQp1NW.jpeg

sign my NDA if leak

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Why is sliding and bunny hopping a thing in BF? Is that always been there? I was hoping to get away from that COD shit. Horrible horrible game mechanics. I mean I get that it’s a video game so it’s not “realistic”, but please tell me I’m not the only one that think that slide canceling and hopping around corners looks so corny. I mean I USE those mechanics because I have to to stay competitive, but still...

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Honestly looks rough man. I have been playing Battlefield 3 & Battlefield 1 recently and this simply does not match the realism from those games. The movement looks way too fast... that dude seriously jumped like 30 feet from a roof onto a shipping crate with like a 2ft run up... you could never do that in any previous Battlefield game. Movement used to have a feeling of weight... guns used to have an actual sense of recoil and power. Every gun used in these videos looks like something from Call of Duty; straight line pee-shooters.

At this point, this honestly looks like a game catered to the modern ADHD/instant dopamine generation.

Shadows look super rough, lighting looks atrocious honestly, there's no grit, dirt and grime. It's too clean. This does not look anything like BF3, BF4, or BF1. Then there's more awful looking gameplay mechanics like sliding, jumping around without any speed penalty from the looks of it. If you jumped in a previous BF game, you're speed was slowed in a realistic way after you landed. You couldn't hop multiple times in row, your jump would get shorter and shorter each time.

Anywho... that's just what I could see from 30seconds of gameplay.

I know people will say "it's an old build" or "it's not finished yet", but as we have seen many times before, it is not likely to change at release.

Last edited:

yamaci17

I'd bet a paycheque or two that you have no clue what you're doing. There's zero chance the game is locked to 30fps on PC.
yes indeed

on the other hand of the spectrum, there's a high chance most midrange cpus such as 3700x and 10400f will fail to push a locked smooth rock solid 60 fps in this game on pc platform

just my 2 cents. will see if it proves to be true or not

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's no way this is 2042. Even though the capture quality is crap, it still looks and moves like junk. Or maybe it's some alpha video from a year ago. In the first video it looks like your guy runs at 200 mph.

Reactions: Isa

Starfield

There's no way this is 2042. Even though the capture quality is crap, it still looks and moves like junk. Or maybe it's some alpha video from a year ago. In the first video it looks like your guy runs at 200 mph.
playtesting literally opened up to the wider public yesterday. its a pre-alpha build.

what do you expect, have you ever played an alpha before?

Luipadre

Gold Member
Nothing is in pre-alpha less than 3 months before release. This is beta, no matter what imaginary label you or devs put on it.
Dude these builds are not new. Its probably several months old now. I get it, people are used to the marketing betas and forgot what an actual alpha or beta looks like

Griffon

Dude these builds are not new. Its probably several months old now. I get it, people are used to the marketing betas and forgot what an actual alpha or beta looks like
Oh sure, they'd playtest a 6+ months old alpha when the dev team is already past the beta. It would make so much sense.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
Oh sure, they'd playtest a 6+ months old alpha when the dev team is already past the beta. It would make so much sense.

You obviously have no idea how these things work. Just wait until their beta aka the demo or wait for the final product. You'll see a dramatic difference in polish

Griffon

You obviously have no idea how these things work. Just wait until their beta aka the demo or wait for the final product. You'll see a dramatic difference in polish

You made my point yourself: it's a *real* beta. Meaning feature complete but buggy AF. We're way past the pre-alpha stage which would look nothing like that.

Top Bottom