• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate III Player Stats Released. Devs thanks for massive support: "The most important thing is knowing the game is being enjoyed"

Draugoth

Gold Member

F3QlG5cWYAAqaeQ
F3QlG5jWQAEVByy

F3QlG5sW8AAh97P
F3QlG55W4AAE0nd

]

EDMIX

I'm happy to hear about its success! The hype for Divinity Sin 3 will be insane.

2023 is shaping up to be a legendary year for RPGs.

Zelda ToK (semi RPG)
Diablo IV
Final Fantasy XVI
Octopath Traveler 2
Star Ocean The Second Story Remake
Hogwarts Legacy
Baldur's Gate 3
Starfield
Granblue fantasy relink (dear god please release this year lol)

We were fucking spoiled this year with RPGs lol We will be talking about this year for generations to come.

A lot of these solid releases are showing that if you get it right the first time, you don't need 3 years to then sell them the rest of the game as DLC lol =)

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

I'm happy to hear about its success! The hype for Divinity Sin 3 will be insane.

Zelda ToK
Diablo IV
Final Fantasy XVI
Baldur's Gate 3
Starfield

We were fucking spoiled this year with RPGs lol We will be talking about this year for generations to come.

A lot of these solid releases are showing that if you get it right the first time, you don't need 3 years to then sell them the rest of the game as DLC lol =)

Zelda? RPG?

You forgot about the best game I've played all year, Octopath Traveler 2.

EDMIX

Zelda? RPG?

You forgot about the best game I've played all year, Octopath Traveler 2.

Though questionable as an RPG, an amazing game nontheless

Completely forgot about Octopath 2, I got the steelbook for it and everything lol You know its a wild year when you even forget a few gems

sigmaZ

Who wouldn't romance Shadowheart?

Baldur%27s_Gate_3_Shadowheart.jpg
I almost missed the opportunity. Even though her approval was high nothing was happening, then I realized it was because of my fling with the Grinch. Once I cut that off our relationship took off.

Zelda ToK (semi RPG)
Diablo IV
Final Fantasy XVI
Octopath Traveler 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Starfield

I'd even throw Hogwarts Legacy in there, too

Sojiro

Zelda ToK (semi RPG)
Diablo IV
Final Fantasy XVI
Octopath Traveler 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Starfield

Add Star Ocean the second Story R to that list, which is a remake of the best Star Ocean game imo.

ssringo

Only 368 madmen beat the game in opening weekend?

I dunno if that's shockingly high because of the game length or shockingly low considering how much the fanbase love the game.

For real. Freaking 50 plus hours already and I'm still in Act I and I'm moving through the content fairly quickly but it's so addicting to explore new areas as there is always content everywhere that matters.
Yeah it quickly sucked up 20 for me - no idea how far I am but it can't be too far.. I just resolved the druid situation, lol. Still finding new stuff in this general area I hadn't seen.

Comandr

Only 368 madmen beat the game in opening weekend?

I dunno if that's shockingly high because of the game length or shockingly low considering how much the fanbase love the game.
Took me 98 hours to complete my first playthrough. That was doing almost everything I could though. Very few stones unturned. Many broken quests left incomplete though. Playthrough 2 I'm at 5 hours in and almost ready to leave act 1. It's amazing how much faster you can move when you know what the hell you're doing.

I expect most of the opening weekend people were EA players that already had a firm grasp on the systems, scenario, and characters.

But I was told that Larian studios is a not an AAA dev.... /s

Grats to the devs! I'll play this sometime when I have the time. Too many games -_-

sigmaZ

Yeah it quickly sucked up 20 for me - no idea how far I am but it can't be too far.. I just resolved the druid situation, lol. Still finding new stuff in this general area I hadn't seen.
Have you been to the Underdark yet? I spent the entire day yesterday in a particular dungeon down there.

Top Bottom