• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 6 has sold 700k units domestically | Development going smoothly on Elden Ring DLC

Saber

Gold Member
It's not gonna sell as much as Dark Souls 1 or Elden Ring. People don't even know about Armored Core franchise in my country.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Since I saw this thread I've been waiting for it to be reported it was a translation error, misinterpretation, or something. No way a company could be disappointed in 2.8 million sales for a mech game..
Accessibility police celebrated prematurely.
samuel-l-jackson-pulp-fiction.gif

For mecha game it sold damn well.
action focused mech gameplay like Titanfall.
Titanfall is FPS with Mechs, not really mecha game like AC games are.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Some of us are interested in a good story and immersive universe. This has none of that, the story is like the least of any From game with faceless characters only shown in their mechs, it creates a distance, no investment. So just purely gameplay, then you gotta ask how many fans of mech gameplay are there? And this is between people who like a challenge, since its a hard game, which again lowers your potential buyers.

So people who are into mechs and very hard games. INSANELY NICHE. Since most young people are into gaas/mobile stuff and traditional core games are carried by millenials, not sure how many are into the niche genre of mechs and hard games.
I've always made up my own story in my head while playing video games.
jrpg's aside I could give a rats ass about story in a video game ever.
Almost all of them suck...IMO

AC6 isn't even hard tho lmao.....its just a real video game ass game maybe if the younger generation
wasn't used to playing a bunch of bullshit they wouldn't find it so 'challenging'

If real video games like AC6 are niche must not be many real video gamers left

fake movie games with crappy stories are worst than FMV games were back in the day

I don't want an 'immersive' experience I want to have fun with the gameplay ...in a game crazy I know

Top Bottom