• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco: Elden Ring success will "truly widen" Armored Core 6's audience

Draugoth

Gold Member
Armored-Core-6_WEEuyTb.jpeg

Elden Ring's success has paved the way for Armored Core 6 to launch on a "much bigger scale," Bandai Namco has told GamesIndustry.biz.

Talking to us at Gamescom, Bandai Namco Europe CEO Arnaud Muller mentioned the publisher's heightened ambition for Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon, releasing tomorrow.

He attributed this shift in expectations to a combination of FromSoftware's increased popularity following the incredible success of Elden Ring, and the developer's accumulated experience leading to "a new dimension" for Armored Core, ten years after the latest entry in the series.

This is an opportunity for us to truly widen the audience of the Armored Core games. My ambitions are not on par with Elden Ring, but our ambitions are way bigger than the previous Armored Core games.

We really want to take this IP further in the relationship with FromSoftware Thanks to Elden Ring, FromSoftware has become a seal, a guarantee of quality, and therefore people will see that the Metacritic of this game is great, [that] it's challenging but very rewarding, [and say] 'I wanna try that game'

The reviews started appearing online during our conversation at Bandai Namco's Gamescom booth, with Armored Core 6 currently sitting at a very positive metascore of 87.

This is a big step up in this franchise," Muller said. "We are not going to be able to match Elden Ring numbers but we will way surpass what Armored Core previous games have done. We have a great game in our hands, the gameplay, the battle system is very loyal to what FromSoftware fans are used to, so we really want to take this IP further in the relationship with FromSoftware. My expectation is that people who have discovered [their] games via Elden Ring will enjoy Armored Core.

Last edited:

Fake

They got well knowed now, so this is expected.

I never was a fan of the Armored Core franchise, but I getting this. Reminds me the Witcher 3 sittuation. I never was a fan of the Witcher series or even played the previous series, but they did a great job with that game.

MagnesD3

This is how you know they really loved Armored Core, its definitely admirable since I think it will cost them some sales up front since AC even with ER support will never sell like their souls games, they simply want a bigger fan base for the series so they can make more of them without wasting money. Even though I have never played King's Field I hope that they try something similar with that in the future.

Last edited:

Codes 208

This strat is a double edge sword. Some will be intrigued, some have already been fans since the ps360 days, but others will be turned off when they realize its not dark souls with mechs.

Top Bottom