• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 4 months in - what is your next(current) gen Xbox series and PS5 purchase status

What have you got so far

• I have a PS5 and Xbox Series x/s

• I have nothing and do not wish to purchase anything in 2021

• I have a Xbox Series x/s wanting to purchase a PS5

• I have a PS5 wanting to purchase a Xbox Series x/s

• I have nothing and still want to purchase a Xbox Series x/s only

• I have nothing and still want to purchase a PS5 only

• I have a PS5 and do not want a Xbox series x/s

• I have a Xbox series x/s and do not want a PS5

• I have nothing and want to purchase both still

Results are only viewable after voting.

Connxtion

Got myself the XBSX and hardly use it 😂🤷‍♂️ Must be getting to old.

Have the odd game of MW from time to time. So yeah 😩

Garnox

I'm option #2.

Not in a big rush this gen. May not even get one until the consoles are low in price ($200-$300) range.

Don't play much these days as is. Especially if the games go up to $70.

Next console I get will probably be when my kids are old enough to ask for one (if they do)

Indyblue

I scored a PS5 Disc version from Best Buy a few weeks ago and I gave it to my dad. He just had a base ps4 hooked up to a dope tv. I have a Pro and a switch and a bunch of games to play. There also really isn’t much to play on ps5 so I decided to score some Good-Son points.

ThirdC

I had a PS5 and a XSX. I sold the PS5 in February (I still have a PS4 Pro for my PS-Backlog). I also bought a XSS for my second room. I may buy a PS5 (Slim?) again in a few years.

Rival

Gold Member
I have both. Got the PS5 a couple days after launch. Got the Series X about two weeks ago. Haven’t touched the ps5 since December. Been playing quite a few games in the back catalog on X.

adamosmaki

i kinda had my mind set to get a digital ps5 but availability is non existent in EU and the rumors of more PS games on pc sort of put me off buying one . Still planning to get one but probably in 1-2 years time

Airbus Jr

Banned
Ive purchased 3 ps5s, 2 series xs, and 1 series s.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Humdinger

I'm surprised 85% have at least one of their next-gen console choices. I'm one of the 15% or so who're still waiting on supply. I thought that percentage would be higher.

rapid32.5

Have both PS5/XSX and play mostly on XSX, Gamepass and better 3rd party deals online.
Recently got Hitman 3 for $31 digital, PSN doesn't stand a chance here with $70 games.
There are more Xbox digital deals online, I rarely see PSN $20 cards on sale for $15 or $10.
PS5 will be used for exclusives only at $40 or below. Right now PS5 is a PS4 BC machine for exclusives.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have got my PS5 at launch and I already have Switch, I don't think I need anything else.

Last edited:

Sushen

Have both PS5/XSX and play mostly on XSX, Gamepass and better 3rd party deals online.
Recently got Hitman 3 for $31 digital, PSN doesn't stand a chance here with $70 games.
There are more Xbox digital deals online, I rarely see PSN $20 cards on sale for $15 or $10.
PS5 will be used for exclusives only at $40 or below. Right now PS5 is a PS4 BC machine for exclusives.
This is my plan until my 3 year game pass sub is up. Then, I'll reevaluate the situation.

I have a launch PS5 and a great PC. Got PS5 at launch by just following a store invite link and I've been seeing crazy people clamoring for a console with no games for months. Can't believe it.

shallow depth GIF by mtv

AJUMP23

I have a series X and I will eventually get a PS5. I am in no hurry though. I think I’ll wait for a game I want on ps5 before I get it.

Have Series X, wanting a PS5.

I was pretty disappointed about not being able to pick up a PS5 last year, but the only game I really want to play right now is Demon's Souls, so I'm okay with waiting a little longer.

Fredrik

Have a Xbox Series X + 1TB expansion card.

Waiting for a PS5 with bigger SSD.

Have a 3080 ordered, supposedly arrives in late april but we’ll see how that goes. Old 1080ti at 1080p works okay for now.

I have a PS5 and an RTX card but I have nothing new and exciting to play on either. Don't stress it if you don't have one yet because you will get caught up on all the good next gen games pretty quickly.

If you had a big epeen you'd be playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and flying above your house and shit in Ultra. Heard they call you "Lil Baby Nutz" though.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Had both PS5 + Series X pre ordered. Cancelled the PS5 and took delivery of Series X. It lasted 4 days before dying.

don’t have any console at the moment and have no plans to buy a Playstation or Xbox any time soon. I’ll be waiting for the inevitable slim models in a couple years. Only console I plan to buy this year or next is a Switch.

if I didn’t have a Pc then I’d be doing everything I could to get an Xbox. I’m in no rush whatsoever to get a PS5 as there are no games on it I want to play. Well, Demon’s Souls…. That’s it. A game from 12 years ago so yeah. I’ve waited this long I can wait a bit longer. There are no upcoming PS games that interest me other than Horizon Forbidden West.

Aurelius

Still contemplating if I should get a PS5 Digital Edition (if I can find one in Europe). I have a PS4 Pro and enough games left to play. Only game that appeals to me on PS5 is Demons Souls. But that 60 fps...

duyxbox

Neo Member
finally got my Ps5 yesterday, 2 days earlier. It's like a wake up call for me from a dream, in the past 3 years, i've been living a dream that I had a family and a twins. When I got PS5, my colleagues ask me if you let the kids play game with you, I realize that I have no kids since this moment.

HJw9sLQ.png

Sygma

Got a ps5 and literally zero "'ps5" game on it as of yet cuz there's nothing interesting. Waiting for Returnal / Horizon

Airbus Jr

Banned
Still dont have both console

My PC still capable of replacing those two

Waiting for some first party game to drop on PS5 like Rachet, will be a good reason for me to buy that system

Last edited:

SpokkX

I have 2 series X - which I absolutely love (FPS boost is the best feature ever pretty much)

Have already prepaid for a ps5 (still waiting for it) - but really not interested in it anymore (except Demons souls, which I already played several times on ps3..). Mainly because i play mostly on gamepass these days (and there is so much there now)

Gloomnivore

I have a PS5 but Series X/S isn’t part of my plans yet. Bethesda games aren’t generally my thing and the only one I’m even curious about is Deathloop.

Microsoft damaged their reputation with me over the past two years. Perfect for Game Pass has become a euphemism for lacklustre effort. First party mediocrity is now acceptable on Xbox.

It is great hardware, though, so when games that I care about start showing up for it and not PS5, I’ll jump in.

Nothing. Still looking for decent ps5 bundle here in Poland but every time shops some everything seems to be sold out in minutes. And I can't check sites every 5 minutes ;_;

Got a Series X and a PS5 at launch, play on the PS5 mainly, i just find playing on Xbox jarring, the fps drops impact controller input way more on Xbox making it feel horrible for things like COD.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I got an XSX at launch and it's an amazing piece of kit for the money it cost, especially paired with my OLED TV I got last spring while really bored during lockdown.

I've joined PS5 online shopping queues a handful of times when I have happened to see Wario64 tweet about it, but they were all dry holes. I have a slim PS4 and my launch unit that sounds like a Chinook that I still use. Once Gran Turismo and all the other PS5 delays happened, my PS5 wants went down considerably. Maybe I'll get one in the dog days of summer if I can without trouble, but if not I'm ok until 2022.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't own either and based on the line ups we know so far, it is pretty unlikely that I will buy either this year. The only announced 2021 titles I am interested in are Balan and Psychonauts 2 and I am pretty sure both will run fine on my Xbox One X. PS5 does have three games I'd like to play already (Astrobot, Sackboy and God of War PS4; I do not have a PS4), but that's not enough to part with 500 euro. I will most likely only buy one of the two systems and I do not even know yet which one it will be. So far, controller says Xbox and line up says PS5.

Top Bottom