• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 4 months in - what is your next(current) gen Xbox series and PS5 purchase status

What have you got so far

• I have a PS5 and Xbox Series x/s

• I have nothing and do not wish to purchase anything in 2021

• I have a Xbox Series x/s wanting to purchase a PS5

• I have a PS5 wanting to purchase a Xbox Series x/s

• I have nothing and still want to purchase a Xbox Series x/s only

• I have nothing and still want to purchase a PS5 only

• I have a PS5 and do not want a Xbox series x/s

• I have a Xbox series x/s and do not want a PS5

• I have nothing and want to purchase both still

Results are only viewable after voting.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
PS5 - Immortals Fenix Rising, Nioh Collection, Demon Souls, Spiderman Miles Morales, Sackboy, Bugsnax, Spirit of the North Enhanced

Series X - Mortal Kombat 11, AC Valhalla,
Hitman 3, Destiny 2 Beyond Light, GamePass

Better new games have been on PS5, but I've been playing my Xbox more due to sheer volume of games to choose from. Plus I like my older games.

PS5 - Immortals Fenix Rising, Nioh Collection, Demon Souls, Spiderman Miles Morales, Sackboy, Bugsnax, Spirit of the North Enhanced

Series X - Mortal Kombat 11, AC Valhalla,
Hitman 3, Destiny 2 Beyond Light, GamePass

Better new games have been on PS5, but I've been playing my Xbox more due to sheer volume of games to choose from. Plus I like my older games.

What does that mean? Every game you listed is on PS5 too.

TimFL

Got both PS5 and XSX on their respective launch day. Barely used the XSX, played a few games on the PS5 but haven‘t really touched it since December 2020.

Markio128

I have a PS5 and i’m I’ll super happy with it for the time being. I’ll consider an Xbox series X once it gains some exclusives. Atm only MS Flight Sim interests me, but maybe Halo if it makes a 360 - pun intended

I have PS5 and completely satisfied with it. Only reason I’d get an Xbox Series S is if the next Doom or Fallout game is a console exclusive.

cormack12

Gold Member
I have both. I'm playing the Xbox more at the moment because GPU basically unlocks the entire back catalog I missed on X1X period. Experience so far:

PS5 - Demon's Souls, really good and impressive graphics and effects
PS5 - Valhalla, really good until the patch made frame tears unbearable. Completed it, debating whether to commit to the DLC
PS5 - WD: Legion such a bizarre game. Looks really good in parts but the furry fuzzy effect and ubi graphics looked worse than Origins in parts. Save eventually corrupted so didn't bother repeating 35 of the 40 hours.
PS5 - RDR: O, my mates are still on this platform so still doing my grind here
PS5 - Godfall, there's a good game in there but ultimately it's DOA until matchmaking is delivered. Definitely over promised and under delivered
PS5 - TLOU II, waited for sale and then played it on PS5. Overall, mixed on the story but a really good game
PS5 - CP2077, parked until patch 1.2 because I can't deal with the crashes

XS - Gears 5, campaign and horde, really good graphics
XS - Streets of Rage 4, was on gamepass and worth the download
XS - Tell Me Why, was on gamepass and gave it a chance as I like DONTNOD
XS - GTA: O, my mate had an xbox last gen so I've been mainly on this lately
XS - Ori, brilliant games
XS - Halo 5, playing through campaign co-op
XS - WWZ, on gamepass which made me try it and I love it.
XS - Gears I, UE on campaign co-op, also a gamepass download
XS - Warframe, just started this and will probably replace the time I spent on Div 2 (452 hours)
XS - Payday 2 was on gamepass and I'd seen it but never really thought it worth spending money on
XS - Forza Horizon 4, love it. It's like a comfortable grindy kind of game
XS - The Medium

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Had XSX delivered at launch, sold it two months later. Currently having Switch only, and I think it will stay this way till Witcher 4 is released.

Rob_27

Got both on their launch days. Not much out on either.

Been playing
PS5 Demons souls and days gone, control.
XSX Control, Medium, FC4 60fps, bit of cyberpunk. Waiting for up ressed versions of xbox 360 games like dead space

Amaranty

I know ,do it in the console, Microsoft is aware of all that but don't talk about it, change the local country and use pre purchased game codes , don't use your credit card on console, the vpn will improve your traffic for better online experience but it's not mandatory. Use pre purchased credit for games and dlc ,don't spend it on sub services, buy them separately, you can't do it in the console and don't know why but just do it as I said.
So it works just like on PSN store? Someone said that it worked fine with prepaid cards, until one day it didn't because it started checking IP address.

scalman

still waiting for real exclusives for next gen, cant see still anything of that on PS5. so im waiting ... for not online , not PS4 upgrade to PS5 , real PS5 games.

GHG

Gold Member
vjwWrHb.jpg

My brothas.

giphy.gif

9fdc732493f5ef9869ed182f4715c3f4.gif

So it works just like on PSN store? Someone said that it worked fine with prepaid cards, until one day it didn't because it started checking IP address.
I buy all the times and nothing strange happened to me, make sure to match the code region with the country, if you use vpn there's a catch here ,if you disable it they will notice that you changed your place instantly and may create issues, that's why I don't rely on vpn even on pc , the online experience isn't fair at all ,I'm not talking about my Internet provider, it's actually decent but the overall experience is garbage cause one way or the other fair matches don't happen often and you'll find that it's superior than your skills no matter what ,if your opponent got better overall experience he will eventually win even if he suck at playing the game. "It takes 3 months to change your home address, don't get confused with it and with the local country, they are different, one for the contents region for your purchases and the other for residence and it has to be fixed at least 3 months ".

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This is the most cost effective gen so far.

I bought the S at launch because I expected the PS5 somewhere in 2021. I was planning to play some stuff on GP, until I got the PS5. But my PS5, to my surprise, was delivered one day after launch.

On Series S I bought Yakuza LaD. Because I wanted to play it and the S version was better than Pro. No regrets, game is awesome on Series S. I played GoW5, Halo 3 to 5, FH4, KI (best 2d fighter of the gen!), Sea of Thieves with friends.

I bought DMCV (which is a 39 bucks game) and DeS for PS5. And thats it so far. I played Days Gone, God of War, Control UE to 100% completion. Astro playroom, Destruction Allstars (its a fun inbetween!) received quite some playtime as well. Made a start in MHW, but didn't continue yet. Still play Tekken 7 on and off, bought the SP3 on sale. But please Namco, upgrade this game. Esp. for Xbox owners its ridiculous.

Long story short, aside of some cheap purchases (PD Remake, Orta, Lost Odyssey, NGB).. I basically only bought DeS and Yakuza for full buck and I game a shit ton.

Sushen

Technically I don't yet to own a PS5 until next when I get to pick up my order from BestBuy next week. It took so long and so many attempts to score a PS5. Anyway, I feel I earned a long and annoying achievement/ trophy. I'm neutral on system war as I usually own both systems.

I'll see which system will earn my money and time for next few years.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Have both - (XSX at launch / PS5 shortly after launch).

Both are decent but need games (obviously).

Having the ability to play both - very clear that all these game “comparison” threads are quite silly and, at times, borderline stupid. 🤪

Both have pros and cons.. will be interesting to see how things pan out when games come out that actually push the limits of the hardware.

Alpha Male

Series X and PS5 at launch

I play on Xbox most of the time and do all my multiplayer there so I'm always playing Battlefield and Halo with a bit of Warzone here and there plus Forza Horizon. Just started Sniper after finishing the Valley of the Yeti DLC for Far Cry 4 - both at 60 fps of course. Also finished Gears Tactics. Next I have Control and MLB The Show.

On PS5 I've played Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Days Gone. Right now I'm playing Immortals and Demon's Souls. Still have Ghosts of Tshushima next.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Had a PS5 launch day from pre orders. XSX got cancelled from Gamestop.

Gave away PS5 as a gift to a relative, (younger cousin) because I was moving and I knew how hard they were to get. I just didnt have it in me to take it, they would have been devastated, lol.

Got a XSX a month ago, right before I moved. Got another PS5 a few days ago.

Just barely missed the PS5 a few times, (had one PS Direct get cancelled because I never updated my address with my bank) wound up getting it at 2 am. Right before I went to sleep, I had just laid down to go to bed.

Its been a wild journey.

Last edited:

Arkam

Have a PS5 and supremely happy (besides small storage) and have zero interest in getting a series x. When they show/release some killer exclusives I will reconsider.

ANIMAL1975

I was hoping that by the end of March, beginning of April, the PS5 already would be at stores in Portugal. That was the time frame i decided to buy it because of financial reasons, this way having more time to save money and grabbing it for my birthday. I was so wrong! (and misinformed)... now it seems that my best chance of a PS5 for birthday is in a number on a waiting list lol.

Jaxcellent

I still have no PS5, purchasing here is a nightmare especially because we have been on lockdown for a while now... Online stores are constantly sold out and there are lottery's for bundles... This blows.

On the more optimistic side, IMO there has not been a system seller game yet, so if my 4pro can hang in there alittle longer, I'm fine.

Ten_Fold

Got mines 2 weeks after launch from that PlayStation direct along with demon’s souls. I use it daily to mainly watch Hulu,espn and YouTube. Nothing really worth playing right now.

Aenima

Already got a PS5 and im good for the rest of the gen. Only extra console i would consider buying would be a Switch for some exclusives.

I wish this forum started to focus more in discussing games instead of one more MS VS Sony thread.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
This thread is fucking racist. No GPUs at all. Just because PC gamers have bigger ePenises doesn't mean you can shut us out like we don't matter.

I have a PS5 and an RTX card but I have nothing new and exciting to play on either. Don't stress it if you don't have one yet because you will get caught up on all the good next gen games pretty quickly.

Top Bottom