• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Q3trbZ4.jpg
Is that a guy or is Abby trans? That is a very manly body

Umbral

I remember during Alanah's stream she said if she had to rate it, it'd be a 7 or 8/10. Where are people getting the idea she's some kind of shill for ND?
People are very angry and hurt so they’re swinging wildly and they’re also suspicious of everyone because they feel they were lied to by marketing and games media and fell for a bait and switch.

Yeah, yeah, it’s a video game but people are really attached to the characters. It happens in movies, books, etc.

carlosrox

Banned
Just looked up that scene....

..what..

She appears to have very small breasts when the bra is removed but then when she's getting nailed they truly look non-existent.

Kinda confusing. I'm not offended or mad or anything, I could really give less of a shit, but I do find her anatomy confusing. I saw that pic and thought the rumors of her being trans was true. Then I saw she appears to have very small breasts which disappear moments later.

:/

Oh well, whatever.

II_JumPeR_I

I'm glad I skipped the game. I am a huge fan of the original, my PS3 copy is up on a shelf next to an OG PS3. The intro to that game is one of the hardest hitting pieces of all times for me, it was a moving way to develop Joel and Ellie's relationship. This disaster of a narrative is a shame, it not that she was Gay. My issue is the setting mixed with unnecessary diversity narratives along with poor writing.

Uncharted was my other big flagship PS3 series I loved. I can't bring myself to finish 4 and I've managed to avoid spoilers as well. The writing was poor and it was a bore of a game. I think ND's overall quality has taken a huge hit and has fallen off my must buy list.
Imo ND in general has fallen off very deep.
From fun and charming platformers to fun and charismatic adventures with the first two uncharted games to grimmer, more serious and depressive games is kinda sad to see. And dont get me started on this Druckman kid. He IS forcing his personal thinking and agendas into current ND games.
If i would be a PS/ND fan, i would be very pissed.

lachesis

Well, I only saw some parts of leaks prior and am still standing by with Joel's decision from saving Ellie from that lying ass fireflies.

Still don't know much about Abby's perspective, and how good of a father that doctor was - who also has a daughter of similar age and still decided to kill Ellie for the sake of the possibility of cure for mankind, I would never understand... but for that reason, I am mildly interested - but not enough to fork out $60 bucks for it and spending 50+ hours. (My play pace is quite slow - that I found my typical playtime of game is about twice longer than the average).

I did see the ending though.. and I figured it would have to be some sort of Ellie and Abby forgiving each other in some manner - and I kinda get it. Ellie and Joel's talk... that "I can't ever forgive you (in the ending, I guess it means both Joel, and Abby) for what you did... but I would like to try" and Joel replying to "I'd like that" (unless I misheard)... and that's the redemption, I guess... but for what price and all? It feels quite nihilistic and vain - and such wasted energy as well as opportunity to truly make a powerful story.

Since Joel's conflict was pretty much resolved, while I was shocked and saddened by his death - but the way he went out, is just simply disrespectful. Realism or not - I would have preferred to have some cliche'd death of some sort of heroic gesture, or at least had some last parting words in Ellie's arm or whatnot.

Original was quite draining for me, although I found the whole experience was quite rewarding in the end... but with this kind of nihilistic storytelling, I think I will play it when it's dirt cheap on sale at $4.99. That's the price I'm willing to pay for this game.

Paracelsus

I remember during Alanah's stream she said if she had to rate it, it'd be a 7 or 8/10. Where are people getting the idea she's some kind of shill for ND?

It's easy to stick someone else's neck out. Would could should.
Make a blog, review the game, rate it 8, add to Metacritic. Until then it's a bunch of lip service.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

..what..

She appears to have very small breasts when the bra is removed but then when she's getting nailed they truly look non-existent.

Kinda confusing. I'm not offended or mad or anything, I could really give less of a shit, but I do find her anatomy confusing. I saw that pic and thought the rumors of her being trans was true. Then I saw she appears to have very small breasts which disappear moments later.

Oh well, whatever.
You never know. She might be. She never said she isn't.

We don't see a back shot of the scene. Owen might be ramming his rod up Abby's asshole.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

..what..

Oh well, whatever.
I mean whole scene feels fueled by some violent theme how he went there right on and I wonder what kind of kinky person (in a bad way) Druckmann is, I mean we talked back on REEE, about sexual harassment/assault, by pm. I 'member that. And I don't like looks of it. It's just my feel. Besides does not the man in there have wife? It's just....no. And no I don't judge people who don't feel like this. It's fine.

From fun and charming platformers to fun and charismatic adventures with the first two uncharted games to grimmer, more serious and depressive games is kinda sad to see. And dont get me started on this Druckman kid. He IS forcing his personal thinking and agendas into current ND games.

A lot of it is Sony too. I don't understand why Sony has so many frothing fanboys. Their management is a disaster and the censorship stuff was laughable. Their recent PR attempts reveal a severe disconnect with the gaming consumer base. Just the fact that they allowed TLOU2 to be released in this state should give anyone pause.

Last edited:

TheWisp

It honestly seems something from the company as a whole. I remember a couple years back when ND employees were being very vocal about this kind of stuff on twitter.

lock2k

Banned
She does have that body. It's incredibly swole and she's just built very bizarrely. I personally think the internet is trolling on calling her trans and thinking it's funny, I just don't see the humor in it. Though I can most certainly confirm she looks very masculine and not feminine whatsoever. There IS a confirmed trans character in the game, but it isn't Abby. Abby is a woman that just looks the way she does for whatever reason.
OK, thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

100 Percent on point. They used to be the go to for me for a good fun platform game and now it's just pathetic. TLOU was dark but it had moments that shined through with character development that gave you hope. I doubt Sony will make any changes because regardless this will make money. Maybe the next one will be met with way more backlash.

carlosrox

Banned
You never know. She might be. She never said she isn't.

We don't see a back shot of the scene. Owen might be ramming his rod up Abby's asshole.

It's funny cuz I get the feeling she has been designed to be intentionally androgynous.

In theory I'm not even really against that. It seems like a way to dodge her sex and her sexuality. It's kinda clever in a way.

I had this theory about other characters too. Some characters in games one assumes their sex but you can't really prove it one way or the other.

I had a joke/theory that Twintelle and Rabbid Peach are actually males dressed as females. Rabbid Peach in particular is a good example. You only assume it's female cuz it took Peach's clothing, but it could very well be a male.

So yeah I get the feeling that Abby's intentionally androgynous as fuck and their sex can't be proven either way.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Since Joel's conflict was pretty much resolved, while I was shocked and saddened by his death - but the way he went out, is just simply disrespectful. Realism or not - I would have preferred to have some cliche'd death of some sort of heroic gesture, or at least had some last parting words in Ellie's arm or whatnot.

Like in the first game when we thought he’d died when falling and impaling himself then you control Ellie in the snow. Would have been a better way for Joel to go rather than a six iron to the head.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's funny cuz I get the feeling she has been designed to be intentionally androgynous.

In theory I'm not even really against that. It seems like a way to dodge her sex and her sexuality. It's kinda clever in a way.

I had this theory about other characters too. Some characters in games one assumes their sex but you can't really prove it one way or the other.

I had a joke/theory that Twintelle and Rabbid Peach are actually males dressed as females. Rabbid Peach in particular is a good example. You only assume it's female cuz it took Peach's clothing, but it could very well be a male.

So yeah I get the feeling that Abby's intentionally androgynous as fuck and their sex can't be proven either way.
What makes Abby a weird character isn't her manliness since there are some women who are ripped in the gym. Not many like Abby but they are there.

It's that's it's in a video game.

And since bad guys in games (and yes Abby is made out to be one as Ellie is trying to get her after killing Joel) are almost always portrayed as bigger and meaner for sake of going against badass evil, they couldn't make Abby just another small skinny Ellie, since it would be weird if two skinny 18 year old females are catfigting. For sake of difference and viciousness, one has to be a hulk.

What they could have done is make Abby into Albert and the son of a dead doctor is out for revenge.

But since Druckmann wants the entire game to be focused on 3 women as the 3 main characters (Ellie, Abby, Dina), so Abby was odd man out (no pun intended) as being the buffed out one.

Elcid

Banned
What makes Abby a weird character isn't her manliness since there are some women who are ripped in the gym. Not many like Abby but they are there.

It's that's it's in a video game.

And since bad guys in games (and yes Abby is made out to be one as Ellie is trying to get her after killing Joel) are almost always portrayed as bigger and meaner for sake of going against badass evil, they couldn't make Abby just another small skinny Ellie, since it would be weird if two skinny 18 year old females are catfigting. For sake of difference and viciousness, one has to be a hulk.

What they could have done is make Abby into Albert and the son of a dead doctor is out for revenge.

But since Druckmann wants the entire game to be focused on 3 women as the 3 main characters (Ellie, Abby, Dina), so Abby was odd man out (no pun intended) as being the buffed out one.
Dude, my gym has had some ripped freaking women, but no woman ever has arms like that. She looks like a dude. They could have at least made her more realistic and less of a hulk. This is what female hulks actually look like.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dude, my gym has had some ripped freaking women, but no woman ever has arms like that. She looks like a dude. They could have at least made her more realistic and less of a hulk. This is what female hulks actually look like.
Fair point.

But making a ripped female skewed to leg muscles than arms doesn't look as intimidating. Need Ellie to go against a bicep ripped Abby for sake of story and struggle.

RavageX

..what..

Oh well, whatever.

The breasts glitched out and disappeared, they will release a patch later to add them back in.

:)

Ulysses 31

I guess people aren't surprised when they turn on you in that world, even after you saved their life. Joel nor Ellie don't bother to ask why. >.>

TheWisp

Pewdipie is streaming right now. He's not happy.

He just watched Joel's death. He thinks he'll avenge him killing Abby. So cute.

First reaction I saw from a streamer that didn't know the leaks. It's to be expected honestly. This comes so out of nowhere also.

He really said it afterwards: "He was such a great character. He was so fun. That's what made the game fun, their interactions."

Last edited:
Deep thoughts: Pretty sure Abby is a hermaphrodite, leaning more towards male genetically. If f2m trans, they'd have to be on a steady supply of hormones, which I think is unlikely considering the setting. If m2f trans, they're face would likely be more masculine. If simply an androgynous male, I've never seen one built like Abby before -- usually skinny as hell or heavily pear shaped.

Can you link to that?

I googled their favorite flicks and didn't see anything suspicious.
I'm mainly talking about their yearly lists like like how crawl makes Quentin Tarantino's top three films of 2019 or I remember the strangers being in Stephen King's top films of 2007. I'm sure their overall favorite films are decent list oh I just thought of another one I still remember when the film knight and day made Tarantino's top list of whatever year that came out in.

Elcid

Banned
First scene, a butterfly paint on the guitar. (Lesbian symbol)
Then a teenage lesbian kiss discussion and a cuck.

5 minutes later, oppressor barman.

Seriously, this entire game is that disgusting? I just can't hold 5 minutes.
Who's the cuck? This is so sad. The first game was so good.

Zaffo

Deep thoughts: Pretty sure Abby is a hermaphrodite, leaning more towards male genetically. If f2m trans, they'd have to be on a steady supply of hormones, which I think is unlikely considering the setting. If m2f trans, they're face would likely be more masculine. If simply an androgynous male, I've never seen one built like Abby before -- usually skinny as hell or heavily pear shaped.
You have you seen her character model, right?

carlosrox

Banned
There is still no hard confirmation that "she" is a biological woman, right?
So my theory about cuckman waiting for the question about her gender in an interview still stands.

Dude would obviously not answer it and be like why does it matter/whatever Abby identifies as.

I would expect some kind of non/woke answer.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I wonder how people are going to feel when they get to the bit where you play as Abby for half of the game?

You know that bit (half of the game) that nobody was allowed to talk about? Why such an NDA? To save spoilers or because so many people thought (still think) they are getting the adventures of Joel and Ellie and the fact that it isn’t and you play as a complete stranger for half of the game, maybe they thought pre-orders would get cancelled?

Top Bottom