• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp delayed

BlackTron

the constant hyperbolic crying about the artstyle is already pretty annoying, but this really takes the cake.

This delay means nothing to me because the art style already secured that I would never buy the game. If it was under $30 and didn't look so bad I'd get it just for the convenience of having it on Switch, but $60 for a worse looking version of a game I bought for $30 decades ago and can still play is not very persuasive.

In the same boat with this as I am with Uncharted 4 on PC. I was excited because I thought it was close to release, 3 months later and not a peep.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Meanwhile we got military shooters coming out the wazoo lol. GG Nintendo.
Yeah I'm not getting this either, COD games have realistic visuals meanwhile is Advance Wars is very cartoony.

Also we are Xenoblade 3 coming out that centered around war, so why Advance War is getting single out here?

Rykan

I see a lot of people saying "It's a game about war, delaying it for the situation that is happening in Ukraine is silly because there's a lot of war games coming out." While that is true, that is kind of missing the forest for the trees.

Advance Wars 1 literally begins with you taking back territory conquered by the Blue Moon army after an invasion which is led by a character (Olaf) that very obviously is based on Russian characteristics.
sUASaA4.png

I don't know if there's been any developers confirming this but for what it's worth, the Advance Wars Wiki also mentions the following:
"Blue Moon is modeled after the real world nation of Russia, as well as the Soviet Union."

I think the delay makes sense and is in line with previous decisions Nintendo has made.

Last edited:

clem84

Gold Member
Wasn't there some guy that pre-downloaded it and when the original release date happened, the game became playable? I wonder if he was able to beat it.

Tangerine

Wasn't there some guy that pre-downloaded it and when the original release date happened, the game became playable? I wonder if he was able to beat it.
Hopefully he was smart enough to disable WiFi first... I assume that's what would be needed for him to continue playing it/completing it.

Top Bottom