• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars Could Be Delayed Until 2023

Lunarorbit

Let me guess: there will be no change, no technical improvement, in short nothing after 1 year of delay except a visual or two to avoid a resemblance with a Russian.

Well... it's always good to give it a release date, but I'm afraid it will coincide with another war in the world...
Yeah, what they showed before was super lazy. Idk what the heck they are doing. I replayed days of ruin last year cause I was excited about this release but the lack of news is concerning.

At this point it would have to have serious improvements in ui, graphics, enemy ai, and multiplayer. I just don't think that's going to happen so I'll skip this

Let me guess: there will be no change, no technical improvement, in short nothing after 1 year of delay except a visual or two to avoid a resemblance with a Russian.

Well... it's always good to give it a release date, but I'm afraid it will coincide with another war in the world...
Yes. The game’s been done since early last year. The delay was to avoid releasing a war-based game with clear Russian references while Russia was illegally invading another sovereign nation in real life. Development’s been completed for a year.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've been replaying on the Analogue Pocket to pass the time since it's been delayed, it is near on perfection. Not sure I have the appetite to play a remake now.

theclaw135

Banned
Yeah, what they showed before was super lazy. Idk what the heck they are doing. I replayed days of ruin last year cause I was excited about this release but the lack of news is concerning.

At this point it would have to have serious improvements in ui, graphics, enemy ai, and multiplayer. I just don't think that's going to happen so I'll skip this

I detect a newb. Advance Wars launched to staggering, universal acclaim, and all these years no rival has been able to topple it.

BlackTron

TBH I think the look in the new version is so meh you're better off playing the GBA version upscaled anyway. Unless you absolutely must have it on Switch...

If they would just let you buy a ROM of the original you could run on Switch I'd pay forty bucks for it in a second. I can't really find myself dropping $60 on a game I already bought on GBA that (to me) looks worse than the OG

Top Bottom