• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp delayed

graywolf323

well that sucks, it was releasing the week of my birthday and I was really looking forward to it :messenger_pensive:

what's going on in Ukraine is awful but delaying a game that isn't set to come out for another month just seems a bit silly especially given the cartoony nature of the game

ranmafan

I’m conflicted by this. I understand Nintendo not wanting to look insensitive to some, and I can wait a little longer considering all the other great games that have been released this month and still coming. But yeah this game already had a delay and to have another indefinite delay after just getting a new release date sucks. At least give us some idea Nintendo when you will release it now instead of please stay turned for updates. Also we just got Triangle Strategy and no one is complaining about that game about war coming out at this time.

Last edited:

Fbh

Oh sure but you'll release Kirby in the ruined post apocalyptic city filled with mutant freaks when we are facing potential nuclear war!!!.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nautilus

Banned
For God's sake...

That's a stupid reason to delay a game. But what can I do?

And it's not like it was going to be a money maker for Nintendo, so...

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This reminds me of when Propeller Arena got canned for having planes and buildings in it, so soon after 9/11

anthony2690

Banned
If we are lucky some crazy russian nintendo fan will single handedly take out Putin now.

(Not that I care for advance wars anyway, I thought it was pretty pants compared to other SRPGs back then)

Banjo64

cumsessed
Never played it but someone on plebit said the first game starts with their in-world version of Russia invading another country.

mcjmetroid

Triangle Strategy didn’t see any delay and I’d say it deals with far more “current events” situations in it given its story and setup lol. So the advance wars one is certainly weird as hell.
Agreed. I Suppose Advance Wars is a tiny bit more on the nose with tanks and air bombers etc. Still ridiculous though

Kokoloko85

Whats with entertainment having to delay stuff due to world circumstance? First BLM and now Ukraine.

Whats with this shit, entertainment is there to…. Entertain us. Despite the awful stuff that happens around the world ALL THE TIME…… like all the time. Lets stop work, school, netflix, sports events because bad stuff is happening……

Its like social media, the politicians and government want us to turn off fun and just focus on shit we cant control….. but when other bad shit happens, we shouldn't care about

Croga

Fair enough, the Blue Moon army in the game is literally Russia lol, but ffs, it's a cartoon game with soldiers literally jumping and crushing buildings underfoot to capture them.

It's hardly realistic stuff!

The boomers among us might remember the gigantic tsunamis that happened in late 2004 in the Indian ocean (they killed over two hundred thousand people). At that time, a song called "Perfect Wave" was being played on German radio stations all day long. After the tsunamis happened, they stopped playing the song. Shame, it was a cute song.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The boomers among us might remember the gigantic tsunamis that happened in late 2004 in the Indian ocean (they killed over two hundred thousand people). At that time, a song called "Perfect Wave" was being played on German radio stations all day long. After the tsunamis happened, they stopped playing the song. Shame, it was a cute song.
Disaster Report also got delayed in Japan after Fukushima I think.

Shifty1897

It's funny how quickly I just went from not wanting to start World War 3 to personally wanting to ride the first nuke dropped like:
dr strangelove film GIF

You can mess with gas prices, but messing with Advance Wars is a bridge too far.

Woopah

What an empty and fucking pointless virtue signal.
Where do I start? Because his twitter thread is so confusing.

Also, Xbox series sold more consoles than PS5?!

and is the software chart includes digital or only physical?
It feels cheap and insincere using current events to score some cheap point. I’d rather they admit not ready for release to polish or something.
lol ridiculous virtue signal

I guess that means Nintendo expects this war to wrap up before the year is over.
Really? Please explain it to the rest of us because I don't get it

What virtue or points do you think they are signalling here? Nintendo believe that the current situation will make it harder to market the game and lead to lower sales. Therefore they are delaying the product to a time when it's release is more profitable.

Its a business move.

EDIT: I think it's also worth pointing out that the original Advance Wars was delayed in Europe and Japan because of 9/11. It released in November America on 10 September 2001.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Fair enough, gives me time to finish triangle strategy so no complaints. The Russians are the villains in the OG games this remakes right?
Yep. It's understandable to delay it honestly.

Literally every review would be pointing it out and possibly even dropping scores about it being "tone-deaf" or something. It's just not the best timing for it, if I was trying to maximize the best outcome on a release date.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Disappointing, but understandable. They don't want to risk weaker sales and reception. At least they didn't cancel it *wink* *wink* Propeller Arena *wink* *wink*

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm excited to play this but I honestly dont mind it got delayed, this year is already packed with games especially when it comes to SRPGs and tactical games.

mortal

Gold Member
What virtue or points do you think they are signalling here? Nintendo believe that the current situation will make it harder to market the game and lead to lower sales. Therefore they are delaying the product to a time when it's release is more profitable.

Its a business move.
Virtual signaling by companies is considered to be a cynical business/marketing move, first and foremost. I doubt anyone claiming this is disputing that.

I sincerely doubt most reasonable people will be making any connections between Advance Wars to the Ukrainian/Russian war right now, let alone in a month.
Anyone that would be offended by a cartoony fictional war-themed game because of real-life war is either a child or is someone with the mentality of a child.

Last edited:
Top Bottom