• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look back at Knuckles Chaotix (32x)

anthony2690

Banned
I quite like Sega Lord X's videos, he is pretty positive what is a nice change when it comes to YouTube content creators. :)

Hopefully they add this game to the rumoured sonic origins+ as I don't think it's ever had a re-release? I could be wrong though.

& I hope the rumoured sonic origins+ gets a retail release 😁

RAIDEN1

I quite like Sega Lord X's videos, he is pretty positive what is a nice change when it comes to YouTube content creators. :)

Hopefully they add this game to the rumoured sonic origins+ as I don't think it's ever had a re-release? I could be wrong though.

& I hope the rumoured sonic origins+ gets a retail release 😁
Really though this game could have easily released on the Sega CD, on the 32x it isn't really doing anything outstanding...

Saber

Gold Member
Theres alot wrong with this game and little to be redeemed. There are some concepts here that are just weird...

RAIDEN1

Theres alot wrong with this game and little to be redeemed. There are some concepts here that are just weird...
There was a lot of back and forth with the title apparently, switching platforms often before it settled on the ill-fated 32x....When you had Donkey Kong Country on the SNES I don't think you'd feel envious when seeing this title..

Mr Hyde

I quite like Sega Lord X's videos, he is pretty positive what is a nice change when it comes to YouTube content creators

It's a great channel for Sega and retro related stuff. He's pretty consistent in churning out quality videos with interesting content. He's also articulated when he speaks and is quite knowledgeable in his research and reviews. One of the few content creators on YouTube that I like and follow.

SpiceRacz

I personally have a soft spot for the game due to nostalgia of playing it with my buddy back in the day. It isn't very good though. It is however responsible for one of the best songs to ever come out of a Sonic game:

Last edited:

Fake

Art direction is good, but the level design is terrible, not to mention this concept of tag team.

Saber

Gold Member
There was a lot of back and forth with the title apparently, switching platforms often before it settled on the ill-fated 32x....When you had Donkey Kong Country on the SNES I don't think you'd feel envious when seeing this title..

I mean, its a shame really.
This 2 characters concept was later introduced on Sonic Advanced 3, though not a good aplication. While Mania Plus has 2 characters, it doesn't work in the same way.
Even though it was doomed from the start because of 32x, the game itself is a mess of ideas.

Ozzie666

They should have ported Sonic Arcade to the 32X.

I had to check; this title released in April 1995. Pity it wasn't closer to launch. It deserved a bigger audience and should have been given the Astral treatment and beefed up for the Saturn.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Could have been a good game if they finished it, but it is absolutely unfinished. The rubber band gimmick took getting used to but did enable some fun, but the level design is so bad and you have to play the same boring zones over and over.

I have always wanted to do a romhack/mod to give the game actual levels but the tools that exist for other Sonic games aren't there.

Top Bottom