• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Origins Plus Coming June 23, 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

The Blue Blur is back with the definitive and expanded multi-game collection of classic Sonic the Hedgehog games – Sonic Origins Plus! Available digitally and in-stores June 23, 2023. Pre-Order the premium physical edition today! https://origins.sonicthehedgehog.com Sonic Origins Plus will be available as an all-in-one bundle that includes the Sonic Origins base game and the Plus Expansion Pack, featuring 12 Sonic Game Gear titles, playable Knuckles in Sonic CD, and for the first time ever: Amy Rose as a playable character in Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic CD! This pack also includes previously released add-on content: Extreme Missions, Mirror Mode, new character animations, and additional backgrounds and music. The premium physical edition will also include a 20-page artbook and a reversible coversheet that pays homage to the classic 1990s era of Sonic.

Mr Hyde

Just bought Mania plus so Origins getting something similar is great to see. But I was kinda pissed Sega didn't include Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles in Mega Drive collection, just so they could sell this. But 2D Sonic is my childhood so I'll end up buying this anyway.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
this is how they should have released it.

but because i'm a fucking idiot i will double dip and get the switch edition.
sonic on a cart is nostalgia for me

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Amy & not Blaze…

Daniel Groundhog GIF by Hyperise - Personalization Toolkit for B2B Marketers

But I’m glad they fixed it so more people can experience these amazing games.

Power Pro

Pfft, no Knuckles Chaotix, no buy.

/s, I've never really played that game much, always seemed kinda bad. Still actually surprised it's not part of the collection though.

BlackTron

Well I'm glad I passed on Sonic Origins.

I'm mad that they still won't let you play in HD widescreen without the special anniversary mode, but having the Game Gear games on a portable system again is too much for me.

Lone Wolf

Pfft, no Knuckles Chaotix, no buy.

/s, I've never really played that game much, always seemed kinda bad. Still actually surprised it's not part of the collection though.
It’s ok once you get used to it. The tethering is kind of weird. Would be nice if they released it, but I think Sega wants to forget the 32x ever existed. I still take out my genesis 32x setup to play once in a while.

BlackTron

Apparently the new content like Game Gear games and characters must be downloaded, it doesn't come on the cartridge. Widescreen is still tied to extra lives. Sonic 3 still has the wrong music.

I'll keep my money Sega. It's too easy for me to play all these games already to deal with this nonsense. Way too far away from a definitive version. MAYBE if the content actually came on the cart...LOL. I'm better off with my real game gear carts than this shit

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
the switch game does not come complete with the GG games
you need a download code

BlackTron

So I ended up getting this game for my birthday after all, I'm glad the purchaser saw it on sale because I decided to blow through Sonic 2 to test it out. I ended up getting stuck on the final boss because Sonic kept passing through his jetpack instead of bouncing off after a hit before I could get in all 12. Is the collision detection broken? I'll regularly beat this game in an afternoon on the same Switch using the M2 version.

I figure I can just keep using the M2 version of Sonic 1 and 2, and pop in this cart to play the Game Gear titles...which are downloaded to the Switch lol.

Top Bottom