• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A huge purchase is imminent within 1 month from now

Jaybe

I still think MS buys EA and/or Value or creates some other financial structure related to these. That’d be huge and there was rumours prior.

As for this, I’m not buying that ACG is the first one breaking real news. Maybe someone was trolling him and having a good laugh now.

I still think MS buys EA and/or Value or creates some other financial structure related to these. That’d be huge and there was rumours prior.

As for this, I’m not buying that ACG is the first one breaking real news. Maybe someone was trolling him and having a good laugh now.

An acquisition of EA's size may bring on anti-trust scrutiny. I just don't see it happening. They are a massive company. And I don't see what value they bring to the table specifically to Microsoft other than it hurts the competition.

This is dumb even by the standards we've set for overreacting to rumors with very little evidence. There is barely even a rumor with this one. "Some company is going to do something. And it will be BIG NEWS!!!"

Who? What? When? Why? How? All irrelevant. All that matters is it's happening people! Some dude has the inside scoop.

Must be CARSON KELLY GAMES.
DownrightUnkemptAdouri-size_restricted.gif

Dabaus

Banned
I love how all these Twitter insiders and podcasters have the scoop on industry shaking happenings but Bloomberg, Jason shreir, game informer, and euro gamer haven’t heard/ say anything.

Karak

Will check on it end of this week and next. I normally don't even post this stuff anymore and keep it for the podcast/patrons/to myself.
But my post was a bit more about how consolidated everything is.

FYI that's my tweet.

Last edited:
An acquisition of EA's size may bring on anti-trust scrutiny. I just don't see it happening. They are a massive company. And I don't see what value they bring to the table specifically to Microsoft other than it hurts the competition.
doesnt really matter..MS went through the same stuff with Bethesda and nothing came of it
my head tells me its probably valve been brought by MS...this would pretty much consolidate the pc market under the 1 umbrella and there has been alot of toe dipping between the 2 now for the last couple of years and steam could be used to leverage more MS products

Karak

ACG (Whose a member here) will tweet or say something big is happening, back track when the internet takes notice, never provide any information of said big thing, and never follow up with what he was previously hinting at. My guess hes seeking attention now that hes no longer with Colins Podcast company. Has he been correct about ANYTHING?

He could at least clarify who these 4 companies running a monopoly are, thats not asking alot.
Interesting going back and checking I certainly can't say I post very much in this regard and absolutely certainly not nearly as much as most YouTube podcast groups or hosts or journalists. I also usually go to places like leaks/rumors and correct stuff if tweets get out of hand. Which I also did here within a couple of minutes to indicate while it was news I got(which others have also got) it was also about consolidation like the Embracer group.

Other than the delays I tweeted about all of which turned out right, various purchases and delays. Though I would not consider the big news they were right. Or that Bethesda at the time and others were dropping review codes, as well as when they reversed it. Most of my stuff is around the business side, sometimes the PR side, and sometimes I get a drop.

Not sure what you mean about Colins podcast though. There is no connection to popularity and any of the podcasts I have dropped nor were there prior to me doing them nor when I go on them really. I post when I post.

I can't say popularity or attention is on Twitter versus youtube for me either. If I wanted all that I would simply do a video and I would do a shitton of them as DM's in Twitter are daily about NEWS.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Interesting going back and checking I certainly can't say I post very much in this regard and absolutely certainly not nearly as much as most YouTube podcast groups or hosts or journalists. I also usually go to places like leaks/rumors and correct stuff if tweets get out of hand. Which I also did here within a couple of minutes to indicate while it was news I got(which others have also got) it was also about consolidation like the Embracer group.

Other than the delays I tweeted about all of which turned out right, various purchases and delays. Though I would not consider the big news they were right. Or that Bethesda at the time and others were dropping review codes, as well as when they reversed it. Most of my stuff is around the business side, sometimes the PR side, and sometimes I get a drop.

Not sure what you mean about Colins podcast though. There is no connection to popularity and any of the podcasts I have dropped nor were there prior to me doing them nor when I go on them really. I post when I post.

I can't say popularity or attention is on Twitter versus youtube for me either. If I wanted all that I would simply do a video and I would do a shitton of them as DM's in Twitter are daily about NEWS.
I appreciate you being man enough to show up in here. I’ve watched your content when you did the defining duke podcast and you come across as cool person and someone I could see myself being friends with in real life. With that said I’m sick of all the insider teasing and carrot on a stick I know something you don’t know stuff. Not just you, but it seems that’s the entire industry now. With that said I look forward to you elaborating next week to what it is you heard.

Please don’t take my rantings personally man, I’m just an internet asshole.

Last edited:

Karak

I appreciate you being man enough to show up in here. I’ve watched your content when you did the defining duke podcast and you come across as cool person and someone I could see myself being friends with in real life. With that said I’m sick of all the insider teasing and carrot on a stick I know something you don’t know stuff. Not just you, but it seems that’s the entire industry now. With that said I look forward to you elaborating next week to what it is you heard.
I agree. If you see me say stuff, you SHOULD see me complaining ABOUT that shit on twitter all the time versus really posting it. Other than of course, those busy times when Beth and others were being bought up and shit was going NUUUTS lol.
One of the major issues and reasons I reformed our show and stepped away from 3 podcasts is I was done wanting to discuss this all day. As you could see at times on podcast when I bitched lol.

I hate it. Its one reason I really don't do much of it unless it's like something I really know. Like the Beth thing I was informed of like WAY in advance(most likely due to just knowing folks). I fucking hate it.
But sometimes the honest truth is you read something from someone you trust so you want to discuss it.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Interesting going back and checking I certainly can't say I post very much in this regard and absolutely certainly not nearly as much as most YouTube podcast groups or hosts or journalists. I also usually go to places like leaks/rumors and correct stuff if tweets get out of hand. Which I also did here within a couple of minutes to indicate while it was news I got(which others have also got) it was also about consolidation like Embracer group.

I can't say popularity or attention is on twitter versus youtube for me. If I wanted all that I would simply do a video and I would do a shitton of them as DM's in Twitter are daily about NEWS.
giphy.gif

Dabaus

Banned
I agree. If you see me say stuff, you SHOULD see me complaining ABOUT that shit on twitter all the time versus really posting it. Other than of course, those busy times when Beth and others were being bought up and shit was going NUUUTS lol.
One of the major issues and reasons I reformed our show and stepped away from 3 podcasts is I was done wanting to discuss this all day. As you could see at times on podcast when I bitched lol.

I hate it. Its one reason I really don't do much of it unless it's like something I really know. Like the Beth thing I was informed of like WAY in advance(most likely due to just knowing folks). I fucking hate it.
But sometimes the honest truth is you read something from someone you trust so you want to discuss it.
Bro I couldn’t imagine my job to keep secrets but also discuss things live while thousands of people watch me. I couldn’t hold back like that all the time so in a way I get it. Don’t take my internet rantings personally. I’m just a fanboy asshole. Again, appreciate you having the balls to come in here with us.

Last edited:
doesnt really matter..MS went through the same stuff with Bethesda and nothing came of it
my head tells me its probably valve been brought by MS...this would pretty much consolidate the pc market under the 1 umbrella and there has been alot of toe dipping between the 2 now for the last couple of years and steam could be used to leverage more MS products

EA is a whole different beast than Bethesda.

40B market cap (5.3X Bethesda), and controls major sports franchises that have historically been third party.

Dabaus

Banned

Can you clarify who, in your opinion, the big 4 companies trying to own everything are? Thank you.

AmuroChan

EA doesn't get Microsoft much bang for the buck. The NFL and FIFA aren't going to let MS make Madden and FIFA exclusive. Disney owns SW. Need for Speed is trash compared to Forza. Dragon Age and Mass Effect are on the decline + MS already has a ton of WRPGs. Battlefield and Titanfall are good gets but it's not like MS is lacking in shooters. Valve would be the much bigger deal because that gets them Steam and its 100+ million users.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Maybe Ryan is so in love with PC they’ll buy Valve just for Steamdeck so they finally have a portable on the market.

reksveks

The Valve + MS will be probably not being people's actual prediction, I think would cause too much anti-trust noise so don't think it's happening.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
One thing I think sticks out to me about all this is if it was in relation to MS the jez cordons and Jeff Grubbs of the world would be talking about this nonstop trumpeting it from the highest mountain.

So it’s either not MS or it’s just not happening.
Very good point. They were hyping up even when there was nothing happening: 23 studios became 25, and then 25 studios became 28. After the event, 28 studios became 23 again.

Having said that, I don't think anything is happening. Sony could purchase Bluepoint and perhaps another smaller-ish studio, like Arc System Works, but I don't see anything crazy being happening anytime soon by either MS or Sony.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
To tell you the truth, I love these buying frenzies and such. The gaming world seemed so stagnant since the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One. It was always the same news, reliably, weekly, without anything getting shaken up. Bring on the drama and intrigue!

I’m not expecting nothing major, but we’ll see. Also, I don’t necessarily see Sony acquiring anyone…….large if at all. Maybe Microsoft or even someone else might attempt something.

Last edited:

old-parts

Netflix/Apple/Disney buys Ubisoft or something like that is my guess.

Tencent probably cant go on major acquisitions, they are currently getting squeezed by the Chinese government, reigning in its tech companies to show who's boss.

Papacheeks

Banned
Whats been going on with them? I thought there last game for switch was banging

Nah, they have had a rough run of it. They took on too many projects, and because of Nintendo's contract on top of outside forces their work for Gran Blu Fantasy was cut, and redone. They couldn't commit to the entire game which I HAD HEARD the producers of that title wanted them to actually finish it. But other forces from parent company that owns that franchise wanted the game to fit in with their mobile versions in terms of how combat looked and how the game looked.

When PG was working on Gran Blue it had a more cell shaded asthetic, and I guess some people from higher ups were not ok with that it looked too departed from their mobile. So they took PG off the project, which at the time PG was stretched thin, that other game they were making( Babylon's Fall) looks like utter shit because more people were working on gran blue and Restarting Bayonetta 3. I heard B3 switched engines, and also that they hit a wall on switch to get 60fps.

So let's say they may have a new dev kit they are using.

Last edited:
Top Bottom