• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A huge purchase is imminent within 1 month from now

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Holding Hold The Line GIF

I'm buying a major publisher soon, and will be announcing it in this thread on Wednesday.

Which Wednesday that is I won't specify at this time. It may not even be this year, but rest assured it's happening on a Wednesday when it does.

Spitfire098

ACG (Whose a member here) will tweet or say something big is happening, back track when the internet takes notice, never provide any information of said big thing, and never follow up with what he was previously hinting at. My guess hes seeking attention now that hes no longer with Colins Podcast company. Has he been correct about ANYTHING?

He could at least clarify who these 4 companies running a monopoly are, thats not asking alot.
plausible-deniability-plausible-deniability-everywhere.jpg

ACG (Whose a member here) will tweet or say something big is happening, back track when the internet takes notice, never provide any information of said big thing, and never follow up with what he was previously hinting at. My guess hes seeking attention now that hes no longer with Colins Podcast company. Has he been correct about ANYTHING?

He could at least clarify who these 4 companies running a monopoly are, thats not asking alot.
I think you're mixing him up with that useless hypocrite clickbaiter Shriawyer character.

wipeout364

Maybe Take 2 and Activision are joining forces? Or EA and take 2? EA and Take 2 would make sense from a sports game POV.

Dabaus

Banned
It's not a stock moving event, he wouldn't know.
Just like no one new about Bethesda
Bethesda, or rather zenimax was a private company so an acquistion can be kept secret. Most game companies are, or alot of them, are public, which means that you have to publicly state your intent to purchase before the deal can go through.

Zones

Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft
Tencent

The weird part is Sony and Nintendo aren’t really part of this whole so called consolidation movement happening right now. The recent game studio purchases made by them were all defense acquisitions, but some people just love to lump them together with Microsoft in order not to make Microsoft look bad or evil.

Dabaus

Banned
Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft
Tencent

The weird part is Sony and Nintendo aren’t really part of this whole so called consolidation movement happening right now. The recent game studio purchases made by them were all defense acquisitions, but some people just love to lump them together with Microsoft in order not to make Microsoft look bad or evil.
Id say MS, Embracer, Tencent, EA, OR Sony would qualify as top 4 but i want to hear from him who he thinks these big 4 are.

Dabaus

Banned
Just throwing it out there for what its worth and I file this 100% under rumor but I hear something brewing a lot sooner then a month away
Can you at least say which companies it MIGHT involve or if its a first party publisher making the purchase? Or who in your opinion these big 4 are he might be replying to?

Last edited:

Stuart360

Gold Member
Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft
Tencent

Maybe Microsoft are not evil?. I'd much rather Microsoft and Sony gobble up everyone than Tencent, or Amazon etc, sticking games soley on their streaming service or something. Atleast with Microsoft and Sony we will still get games in the traditional sense, and in Microsfts case on PC day and date too.

Nintendo doesn't need to buy anything and i don't think Sony can afford something really big like Bethesda. Sounds like Tencent/MS/EA7Activision to me.

Dabaus

Banned
ASSUMING this is to be believed, things to think about:

Herman Hulsts seemingly random interview late friday with game informer talking about first party games. Pre-emptive damage control or just pure coincidence?

Bad Halo News on friday to be followed up with good new for MS with another acquisition plus gamescom week?

I frequent the insane asylum that is xboxera acquisition thread and none the guys there so far, have claimed to have heard anything, which leads me to think it might not be MS.

Last edited:
Bethesda, or rather zenimax was a private company so an acquistion can be kept secret. Most game companies are, or alot of them, are public, which means that you have to publicly state your intent to purchase before the deal can go through.

Publicly stating intent was also done before the Bethesda purchase was completed.

But the public intend will come before some insiders. Insiders leaked smaller company buyouts before becoming public knowledge but never those of public companies or the big private ones (that is stock moving for the buyer, so on the same scale, even if the aquired company is private)

Top Bottom