• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 vs PS3 vs Revolution: Who cares I'm getting them all THREAD

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
snatches said:
Just giving you a hard time. I have 2 myself and I can relate. You were very creative last gen and I expect the same type of resourcefulness next year. :)

Hell yeah. My craftiness will reach new heights, there's no question. I've also pulled the "Oh, this game? It's [insert name of friend wife never sees/talks to]". The danger there is if she ever decides to do an inventory of my collection. And no, she's not as crazy as I may be implying. She just wants a house. Sadly, I just want games and the systems they're played on every 3-5 years or so. And a house. :)

snatches

Dr_Cogent said:
Unless you get some wife imported from China or some third world country, what Bob experiences is pretty much common for the American male (assuming he is American).

I'm guessing snatches isn't married.

Married/2kidsthanxbye.

Truth is my wife doesn't work and I wear a money hat so she can't say shit. I also work in the biz and get lots of freebeez :) Bob's comments illustrate my point and the reason I made this thread. If you love games, you will find a way to have all consoles this and next gen. Devising these excellent schemes is a better way to spend your time than telling everyone the one console you could afford (or convince your wife you needed) is the ONE TRUE CONSOLE. TEH CONSOLE TO RULEZ THEM ALL!!1!!

:lol again at fanboys.

Oh and I'm a canuck. NHL IS BACK BITCHES!!!!1!!11

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
All be getting all three at some point, but almost certainly not at launch. Err, well, I won't be getting a 360 at launch at least. I'll have to see pricing and what the launch lineups are going to look like for the other two, but it's unlikely.

I almost never get systems on launch day. In fact, I think the only one was the Dreamcast.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
snatches said:
Married/2kidsthanxbye.

Truth is my wife doesn't work and I wear a money hat so she can't say shit. I also work in the biz and get lots of freebeez :) Bob's comments illustrate my point and the reason I made this thread. If you love games, you will find a way to have all consoles this and next gen. Devising these excellent schemes is a better way to spend your time than telling everyone the one console you could afford (or convince your wife you needed) is the ONE TRUE CONSOLE. TEH CONSOLE TO RULEZ THEM ALL!!1!!

I make the most between the two of us, significantly so, but my wife and I have to agree on large purchases together. You obviously have a pretty different woman than the majority out there here in the United States. Most don't just "don't say shit". Most say plenty.

Mrbob

snatches said:
Married/2kidsthanxbye.

So you're just a big leech, huh? :D No wonder you are excited about next gen, since you get most of it for free. ;)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
not me. I'm getting 2. 2 consoles is always more than enough. especially if you have DS :D

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
The only games that have me considering the 360 are 99 Nights, PDZ and Ghost Recon 3 (is that exclusive?). I definitely will not get it at launch though I refuse to pay 300+ for new hardware that might be inferior to the PS3 in features and power. The PS3 had me at Heavenly Sword and a garuntee of all of the cool japanese games and Resident Evil is coming home and thats my bread and butter. The Rev has to show me something amazing but if it is cheap then I'll most likely pick it up for the online and BC with back catalog.

I just can't justify buying the 360 right now and PDZ will have to be one helluva game for me to change my mind.

snatches

Dr_Cogent said:
I make the most between the two of us, significantly so, but my wife and I have to agree on large purchases together. You obviously have a pretty different woman than the majority out there here in the United States. Most don't just "don't say shit". Most say plenty.

Hey Doc, is a sub-$500 console a large purchase? How much do you spend a month on gas and groceries these days?

Tips for gamers with wives, or as I like to call it, the 2 rocks:

1. Buy her shiny rocks for xmas and bdays...and
2. Rock that booty in the sack.

PS3 for $599, oooh honey, sounds like a "must have" *blows me a kiss*

Dr_Cogent

Banned
snatches said:
Hey Doc, is a sub-$500 console a large purchase? How much do you spend a month on gas and groceries these days?

Um, last time I checked snatches, my family and I need to eat and my wife and I have to get to work using gas. I don't need the latest console to support my family. 500 dollars is plenty of money. I have a kid to take care of, large house payment, 2 cars, blah blah blah... the list goes on and on. The console is at the bottom of the list, even for me.

You can't compare food and gas to a console. That's completely apples and oranges. One is a luxury, the other a necessity.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
snatches said:

:lol That shit don't work. Not on Latin women anyway. :D

Martini

yep. ill definitely have all 3 eventually. the only thing i may lack gaming wise down the road is a PC. most likely my current rig will be it until its completely out of date.

trmas

Banned
360 - On the fence. I was waiting for TGS, but now it looks like I'll wait until X05 before deciding whether or not to go through with my preorder. Rare needs to come through, or MS needs to show some promising exclusives (not Halo, I hate that game)

PS3 - I'm there on the first day, and recently put my name on a before-preorder list.

Revolution - I'm gonna get sucked in regardless, because I always forgive Nintendo, even when they make gigantic mistakes.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Minotauro said:
Thanks for reinforcing my decision to never have a wife or children, fellas. I appreciate it.

Oh come on. You know how fucking cool it is to see my daughter LOVING Super Metroid? Plus, your kids can then be that kid you hated growing up that somehow owned every game and system ever made. You always wondered: "How the hell can his parents afford all that?" Well, now you know: "His parents"=Dad. And he can't. He must lie, connive, and dupe. Anything to keep the legacy going. :)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
bob_arctor said:
Oh come on. You know how fucking cool it is to see my daughter LOVING Super Metroid? Plus, your kids can then be that kid you hated growing up that somehow owned every game and system ever made. You always wondered: "How the hell can his parents afford all that?" Well, now you know: "His parents"=Dad. And he can't. He must lie, connive, and dupe. Anything to keep the legacy going. :)

Firstly, I despise children. Secondly, I want to deadend the spread of my parents' combined genes. Since I'm an only child, the job is already halfway done.

i forgot to mention 360 and ps3 purchases will be day one, revolution might be day one or might be a price drop depending on what it offers. the machine is hawt, but show me the controller and some games already

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
PS3 and Rev when the games I want(MGS4, DMC4, Mario, Zelda, etc.) for them come out. If X360 gets some games that look interesting I'll get that too.

Temujin

Yeah, I'm getting them all 3 eventually. Probably not at launch though, at least not the X360 (currently without job, and no way in hell that I'm already tired of this gen) In fact, I don't think I've ever bought a console at launch. Normally I wait until there's a pricedrop or 2. Rev might be an exception when it's cheap enough heh.

i dont see how people can pass up a years worth of generation leap gaming. i mean we have no idea when rev, or ps3 will be released. xbox 360 is worth it just for that. i cant play graw on xbox while i know the hotness that is the 360 version sits blocks away at the store

Geek

Ninny Prancer
But there's a shitload of GOOD current gen games coming for almost the next year. It'll be an easy wait.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
bob_arctor said:
PS2---Used, purchased for $100 with "courtesy money" (I'm in real estate and brokers slip me $$ all the time)

Hmm, you're in real estate and you're from NY, right? If I don't mind asking, what part? In a little while I'm gonna be looking for a house (Nassau/Suffolk area) and I'll need all the help I can get :p

And as for me, I'll get all 3, each system either for a holiday/birthday/or if a must-have exclusive hits (example: SSBOnline, new Zelda, FF13, Lost Odyssey). UNLESS I find someone and get married (getting close to that age) and need the time/money for other things. But I'm jumping the gun here with that.

Osorio

I'm in for all 3 and you can even count me in for PC. There's no need to stick with certain consoles because they'll all have something you want. If they don't then....your case is valid.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
djtiesto said:
Hmm, you're in real estate and you're from NY, right? If I don't mind asking, what part? In a little while I'm gonna be looking for a house (Nassau/Suffolk area) and I'll need all the help I can get :p

Sadly, I only do luxury rentals here in NYC, specifically the West Village/MeatPacking District. We're talking $2000/month for a 450 square foot studio, to start. Totally insane.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Minotauro said:
Thanks for reinforcing my decision to never have a wife or children, fellas. I appreciate it.

I suddenly have a disturbing mental picture involving game consoles strapped together in a vaguely human shape...

Speevy

Banned
If I could afford all 3 at launch, I would. We'll see how much disposable income I have in a year.

For now, it's a free Xbox 360 holiday for me. I have the PS2, the Gamecube, and soon the new Xbox.

The End

PS3 at launch, no doubt.

Revolution when a Mario, Zelda, and Metroid game are all out.

X360 when it drops to $199

raYne

3 Console Future! w00t!

x360: Saturday before day one!
Rev: Day one.
Ps3: Day one.*

*.... of the first price drop.

if you fanboys wouldnt have been so jaded and just tried something new, we would still have the best console this gen alive and kicking.

im looking at you deamcast

the soul still burns

Prine

Banned
Im not sure on Rev. Pretty sure its going to end up being gimmicky and feature a configuration im not going to be happy with (ala DS)

PS3 and 360 for sure

raYne

Solid said:
I'll get PS3 on day 1 and 360 when i can find it for €199.
Good thing you posted in a thread about people who are getting all three then huh?...
truffleshuffle83 said:
if you fanboys wouldnt have been so jaded and just tried something new, we would still have the best console this gen alive and kicking.

im looking at you deamcast

the soul still burns
My DC still sits prominently with my other N64+ systems.

It all depends on exclusives. Assuming:

PS3 will have final fantasy
Rev will have Zelda

I will definitely be getting those.

360, it depends on how good Elder Scrolls 4 is, and other exclusive titles. Definitely gonna wait for price drops on EACH of them though, my wallet is going to hate my ass.

Sanjuro

quadriplegicjon said:
ps3 or xbox360

and

revolution.

im guessing that the genres of ps3 and xbox360 games will be very similar.. so i think it'll be a waste to own both.

I thought this, but then I thought about Metal Gear, I going to have all of them when it is all said and done.

luxsol

I'll probably end up getting all three for next gen.
Currently I only own 3 of this generation's consoles (DREAMCAST COUNTS) and i didn't think I'd want an Xbox until Panzer Dragoon Orta came out and Kingdom Under Fire was shown. Still waiting for a price drop though.

I have the same stance with next gen. I know for sure that I'll buy a Revolution and PS3 but the Xbox 360 will eventually have games that look interesting to me.

Lionheart

I could afford three consoles, but I don't have the time to play all of the games I'd want on them. And since my backlog already is pretty big, three consoles is too much for me. I may settle for one next gen, probably two.

Mashing

I'm getting all 3. I spend way too much fucking money on this hobby.

*cries*

After being a multiconsole owner for the first time, I'll never go back to owning just one. All systems have their marquee titles that can't be missed.

I'm most exicted for Revolution though. Virtual Console FTW!

Triumph

Banned
See, the original poster had me until he had to lump the Rev in. No way am I contributing to the delinquency of Nintendo any longer.

Top Bottom