• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 vs PS3 vs Revolution: Who cares I'm getting them all THREAD

snatches

OK, I am getting really sick of the console wars here at GAF.
You are all sad and pathetic individuals. Everybody thinks they
have the inside scoop on which is the most powerful next gen
console, and none of them are EVEN OUT YET.

Sonybots, Nbots, and Xbots.....you are all the same. And you know it.

Well, I am hear to say I am getting them all. Just like I did last
gen. I will never have to sit around wondering which of them is better,
and I will never waste any of your time with useless bickering.

I'm with Kutaragi, stop complaining, and get a job and work
some OT.

MGS4, DMC4, GOW, PD0, QUAKE4, NEXT GEN ZELDA,

These will all own, and I will play them all.

Time to sit back, put on my money hat, and see who's with me.

Share your MULTI PLATFORM LOVE HERE

One vote here for getting them all. Enjoy all the good exclusives, and get the best version of multiplatform games every time.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I will definitely own them all at certain points during the respective consoles lifetimes... I just don't know when exactly it will be for each nor how long it will be.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i have my 360 preodered but im probably not gonna get one

ill prolly just get revo and ps3. the only reason im still debating the 360 is the threat of new treasure games and i hate missing out on stuff cause i simply dont own the console.

123rl

I'd probably buy them all like I did this gen once they're down in price and have a good catalogue. Xbox360 is a must-buy for me atm, PS3 is a certainty once it drops in price and, unless the Revolution idea is a total disaster, I'll buy one eventually

KingJ2002

I knew it was going to come to this in the long run.

I was hoping that i could buy one system and the revolution... and that be that.

but the minute sony showed off their e3 trailer.

I knew I was going to get them all.

damn... i really dont want to.

but I love gaming too much not to.

i'm getting them all...

the only one i was shaky about (360) i won, so i'm gonna have them all as usual...

especially funny because last gen, i was shaky about xbox, and won one before launch too...

vibribbon

I will end up buying all three. The only cost mitigation plan that I will adhere to this round is letting the 360 have a price drop before I buy in. Getting all three at the early adopter price is pretty rough.

snatches

truffleshuffle83 said:
im in. ive had them all dating back to the 16 bit era

Exactly, and I know more of us are out there.
I'm even buying another TV so I can have all this shit plugged in....

I literally want a PlayStation 3 for a couple of games. I will avoid it if ports are possible, but I don't see it being that way... I'll want to play MGS4 as soon as possible. I won't sit on my hands for "definitive" versions.

The other two are a foregone conclusion.

Shit. Count me in on all three. Its inevitable.

Mrbob

Wow, buy all 3. That is spending over 1000 bucks on next gen hardware. What a waste of money. Just buy one and spend the rest on games! An extra 400 dollars can net you 6 to 8 new games! :D

And people bitch about upgrading PC when they spend over a grand on next gen hardware.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Yeah, I'll probably end up with them all after more consideration. Unless Nintendo really bungles things that is, then it will probably just be Xbox 360 and PS3.

Dunno when I will get onboard though. I am trying to go the cheap route this time.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I love all these comparisons and it's fun to take sides, but honestly, I'm in for all three just like I was this round.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
ps3 or xbox360

and

revolution.

im guessing that the genres of ps3 and xbox360 games will be very similar.. so i think it'll be a waste to own both.

snatches said:
Exactly, and I know more of us are out there.
I'm even buying another TV so I can have all this shit plugged in....

yeah i just got a new high def tv so my old 36 inch lcd has a daisy chain of sytem selectors connecting 5 systems to it and 4 more are connected to my new tv. im kinda glad 360 didnt have a HDMI output because i only have one and i could only imagin what a hdmi video selector would cost. the thing that excites me the most about the ps3 is the blu ray player

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mrbob said:
Wow, buy all 3. That is spending over 1000 bucks on next gen hardware. What a waste of money. Just buy one and spend the rest on games! An extra 400 dollars can net you 6 to 8 new games! :D

And people bitch about upgrading PC when they spend over a grand on next gen hardware.

Ignore this flip-flop fanboi. Quit collecting games, it's fucking useless. Your money is better spent by buying all the consoles and renting/reselling the software.

3 CONSOLE FUTURE!

Inumaru

X360 and PS3 are automatic purchases. I'm tired of Nintendo's antics, but who am I kidding, I'll have to have all three just like always, each on its own launch day. Consumer whores +1.

Mrbob said:

To me buying the 3 systems for ~$1000 is a bargain. Looking at past gens, you know there will likely be at least 15+ good exclusive games for each system. It's a small price to pay to experience the best of the best for each system.

snatches

Mrbob said:

NO. I can name you announced console exclusives for all three that CANNOT BE MISSED.

Get out of my thread XBOT.

Halo/Too Human/etc.
DMC4/MGS4/etc.
Anything Mario/Zelda/Metroid/anything Miyamoto even glances at.

Mrbob

Musashi Wins! said:
Ignore this flip-flop fanboi. Quit collecting games, it's fucking useless. Your money is better spent by buying all the consoles and renting/reselling the software.

3 CONSOLE FUTURE!

Woooo hahahahahahahahaha. :D

I don't spend much money on games anymore, anyway.

I want a one console future with manufuacturers offering differentiating versions of the same hardware. BELIEVE.

Nameless

I KNOW i'm getting a PS3, no doubt in my mind. Obvlivion is coming out around or at 360 launch, so that pretty much takes getting an X360 out of my hands, its mine. The only question mark is the Revolution. Its time for Nintendo to develop more than a few IPs because playing Zelda and Mario with prettier graphics for the 3rd Decade in a row won't cut it.

snatches

Nameless said:
Its time for Nintendo to develop more than a few IPs because playing Zelda and Mario with prettier graphics for the 3rd Decade in a row won't cut it.

Yes it will and you know it.

snatches

Mrbob said:
Woooo hahahahahahahahaha. :D

I don't spend much money on games anymore, anyway.

I want a one console future with manufuacturers offering differentiating versions of the same hardware. BELIEVE.

This would be nice, but live in the now mrbob.

VIVA LA THREE CONSOLES!!!! YARRRIBA!!!11!

Mrbob

He does bring up a good point.

Some of us are completely sick of Nintendo franchises. No matter how awesome the games may be.

If the Revolution brings it with new franchises I'll be interested.

BTW I've been praising the PS3 a hell of a lot more than the X360. I just love Live.

360 and Rev are automatic launch-day purchases for me.

PS3 is an automatic purchase but I might not get it at launch. It'll need a much stronger launch than PS2, otherwise I wait a while.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
sp0rsk said:
the only reason im still debating the 360 is the threat of new treasure games and i hate missing out on stuff cause i simply dont own the console.

Me too but that ign interview seemed to not bode well for that rumor.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
It all depends for me. No way can I just outright purchase all of them. My wife will dump my broke ass. I have to be crafty. For this gen, I own 'em all, and this is how:

Xbox--Father's Day gift.

Gamecube--Christmas gift from my sister (but in actuality a gift from myself; I just had her give it to me as a pretense to fool the wife.)

PS2---Used, purchased for $100 with "courtesy money" (I'm in real estate and brokers slip me $$ all the time)

The PS2 I told my wife was given to me by a vacating tenant in the building I rent from since he was moving in w/ his girl and had no real need for it any longer. Perfectly feasible, when you take into account how many hours these rich jerks need to work to be able to afford our rents.

Hell, I pretty much need be devious with all my extraneous purchases since we've had kids. My Yamaha receiver was another X-mas "gift" from my sis.

My Hori Real Arcade Pro stick, a B-day "gift" from my bro.

Point being: Gamers will always find a way.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
bob_arctor said:
It all depends for me. No way can I just outright purchase all of them. My wife will dump my broke ass. I have to be crafty. For this gen, I own 'em all, and this is how:

Xbox--Father's Day gift.

Gamecube--Christmas gift from my sister (but in actuality a gift from myself; I just had her give it to me as a pretense to fool the wife.)

PS2---Used, purchased for $100 with "courtesy money" (I'm in real estate and brokers slip me $$ all the time)

The PS2 I told my wife was given to me by a vacating tenant in the building I rent from since he was moving in w/ his girl and had no real need for it any longer. Perfectly feasible, when you take into account how many hours these rich jerks need to work to be able to afford our rents.

Hell, I pretty much need be devious with all my extraneous purchases since we've had kids. My Yamaha receiver was another X-mas "gift" from my sis.

:lol :lol this is awesome.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I'll get all 3 on release day, no question here.

Actually, let me amend that and say if the PS3 is totally and obviously over-priced on launch then it will be the first console since the NES that I haven't bought on launch day. Please keep it under $500 Sony!

Nate

snatches

bob_arctor said:

Xbox--Father's Day gift.

Everyone, lets help Bob. Do any of you have a good pair of pants he can wear when he's at home?

:lol

Seth C

Perhaps not Revolution (I've skipped Nintendo the last two generations) but definitely PS3 and X360, and a "we'll wait and see" on Revolution.

Prospero

I don't think I can take three consoles' worth of buyer's remorse.

360--no.
PS3--maaaaybe.
Rev--definitely maybe.

None of these at launch, though.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
The THREE CONSOLE FUTURE is inevitable.

Senko no Ronde and NNN mean X360 purchase at some point. But I'll do it begrudgingly!

snatches

bob_arctor said:
Trust me, it ain't about that. It's about being married with 2 kids.

Just giving you a hard time. I have 2 myself and I can relate. You were very creative last gen and I expect the same type of resourcefulness next year. :)

Mrbob

bob_arctor said:

Xbox--Father's Day gift.

Hahahaha. This is awesome.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
snatches said:
Everyone, lets help Bob. Do any of you have a good pair of pants he can wear when he's at home?

:lol

Unless you get some wife imported from China or some third world country, what Bob experiences is pretty much common for the American male (assuming he is American) with kids.

I'm guessing snatches isn't married with children.

Anyway, whenever someone asks me what I want for Xmas or my birthday - I say - EB Gift Certs. That's how I maintain my gaming and the wife can't bitch at me about spending oodles on my habit.

I really don't want to buy all of them.

But i know that i probably can't resist once they are out.

The fact that they don't launch at the same time makes it easier to buy all 3.

Btw, after reading this forum for about 2 years I finally registered, that's my first post :)

each platform will have enough 1st party exclusives to warrant the purchase. the good thing is that each will be staggered in release unlike this gen when GC and Xbox came out close to each other

Top Bottom