• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343i made a bad Halo game (campaign)

Trup1aya

Cortana and Halo 2's library are the worst, easily. Library in CE is awesome.

Whoever thought falling down shafts into flood infested areas over and over and over again was good level design has no business being in the game industry.

There's fun to be had in CE's library, but it wasn't a well designed level at all. Actually it was the same play space over and over and over again. It's just as bad as Cortana.

The only really good flood levels in this series are ones where you're also fighting the covies...

Absolutely agreed with you OP. Halo 5 is by far the worst campaign out of the series and probably one of the worst I’ve played yet. It’s really jarring because Halo 4 in comparison was a great game with really good visuals and gameplay that really impressed me for a 360 game.

The story just flat out is not interesting (the whole Locke vs Chief thing, just ugh), the warden fights are repetitive, the prometheans were just annoying with wave after wave, the level design (sanghelios aside) is not very good and the graphics are just meh to me. It’s clearly not a 1080p game (I don’t expect 1080p from an Xbone game but that is besides the point) but it still didn’t stand out to me visually. I also didn’t like that the encounters were also more or less the same to me. They were much more varied in the previous games but in this game, I felt like I was fighting similar enemies one after another and it just bored me.

Maybe it’s just me, but while the gameplay is in 60fps, a lot of the animations are not (30fps) and it gets annoying. This is easily seen when you have your teammates walk 10-20 feet in front of you and their movement animations are odd, or if you look at enemies from a far distance.

TLDR - I agree with the OP that Halo 5’s campaign is the worst in the series, even worse than Halo 2’s campaign.

I honestly can't see how anyone feel halo 4 was good, it was just beyond ... i mean... I just mean man.... it wasn't even like top 50 fps on just xbox 360. it is just that bad. There is nothing good about it , it just feels like the biggest chore since I played that random ternimator first person shooter on the original xbox. it has some of the worse level design you can have. Bullet sponge enemies, and the promethean areas just felt like the most dull thing possible with waves of enemies. I honestly can't get people that like it, it's beyond my understanding.

Just for the record I had similar feelings with resistance 2 which is also a hot mess. Halo 5 is a lot better than both of these at least, but that does not say much. Resistance 1 is a better and moe halo like campaign than Halo 5 though.

jem0208

I disagree with almost every single comment in the OP.

The "ADS makes combat less interesting" is just laughably ignorant.

ryan299

I really enjoyed Halo 4 + 5. Sure, 5's story was short and you hardly played as MC and there wasn't a Halo but it kinda made sense. On it's own it might be a little disappointing but I'll judge 343 and the trilogy after Halo 6 is out.

1-3 were great games but I found 4 was a good step forward for the series. New story/enemies/character's and better gameplay. Halo 5 i'd say has the best combat in any Halo game (not including ODST/Reach not played them yet).

Really looking forward to 6.

there is and Halo has grown to be more than just Halo lol. It doesn't need to be a main focus in the plot (see Halo 4) to be effective. Halo 4 did it right by making the Halo a cameo. It's involvement is so out of left field in 5 and is just dumb.

I honestly can't see how anyone feel halo 4 was good, it was just beyond ... i mean... I just mean man.... it wasn't even like top 50 fps on just xbox 360. it is just that bad. There is nothing good about it , it just feels like the biggest chore since I played that random ternimator first person shooter on the original xbox. it has some of the worse level design you can have. Bullet sponge enemies, and the promethean areas just felt like the most dull thing possible with waves of enemies. I honestly can't get people that like it, it's beyond my understanding.

Just for the record I had similar feelings with resistance 2 which is also a hot mess. Halo 5 is a lot better than both of these at least, but that does not say much. Resistance 1 is a better and moe halo like campaign than Halo 5 though.

You're right. I do enjoy the story of 4, but it's told in a bad way as if you haven't read the books you're lost. Gameplay wise 5 is a huge improvement on 4, even if it has the crappy Warden fight over and over. I find it funny that 343 improved the knights after complaints, then just made the new soldiers the same as knights from 4. Soliders are bullet spongee and their teleporting sucks.

While 5 is an improvement over 4, it's missing fun moments from previous games. It needed more vehicle spots, especially the phaeton. The Kraken is a huge bust, the thing just sits there. I know the Scarab wasn't the hardest thing to fight either, but it's much better than the Kraken.

Well, the ads does make it feels strange compared to the easy to see scope of the other games.

Seems like an evolution not to have your gun in the way honestly.

there is and Halo has grown to be more than just Halo lol. It doesn't need to be a main focus in the plot (see Halo 4) to be effective. Halo 4 did it right by making the Halo a cameo. It's involvement is so out of left field in 5 and is just dumb.

You're right. I do enjoy the story of 4, but it's told in a bad way as if you haven't read the books you're lost. Gameplay wise 5 is a huge improvement on 4, even if it has the crappy Warden fight over and over. I find it funny that 343 improved the knights after complaints, then just made the new soldiers the same as knights from 4. Soliders are bullet spongee and their teleporting sucks.

While 5 is an improvement over 4, it's missing fun moments from previous games. It needed more vehicle spots, especially the phaeton. The Kraken is a huge bust, the thing just sits there. I know the Scarab wasn't the hardest thing to fight either, but it's much better than the Kraken.

I do think the design of enemies is a big improvement in many ways even if I still don't like thm. Kraken just felt lame, agree with you there. Just something big

RSB

Banned
There's fun to be had in CE's library, but it wasn't a well designed level at all. Actually it was the same play space over and over and over again. It's just as bad as Cortana.

The only really good flood levels in this series are ones where you're also fighting the covies...
No way. The Library is exactly the same play space repeated over and over again, sure, but at least the battles themselves feel dynamic and intense (the Flood in Halo CE are still the most fun to fight) Cortana, on the other hand, is just terrible all around (easily the worst level in the whole franchise)

Didn't really feel dynamic to me... Floor 1: Move from A to B as flood forms pour out of vents. Floor 2 (which looks exactly like floor 1): move from A to B as flood forms pour out of vents. Floor 3: etc etc
I'm not talking about the layout of the level (which is very repetitive indeed) I'm talking about the battles.

I used to hate the Library, but nowadays, when I replay it I always have tons of fun. Shotgun + Pistol + Grenades + Relentless Flood Everywhere = Awesome. The key is to never stop moving (don't try to clean every area, just keep moving and shooting) It almost feels like a homage to old school shooters. If the whole game was like that it would suck, definitely, but as change of pace from the more methodical battles with the Covenant it works beautifully IMO.

jem0208

Well, the ads does make it feels strange compared to the easy to see scope of the other games.

Seems like an evolution not to have your gun in the way honestly.

Mechanically it's identical to scoping in the previous games, except they've added zoom to automatics.

The idea that it has a large effect on increasing the distance of combat is ridiculous. It also completely contradicts one of his other complaints:

Everything always felt cramped with super high walls on all sides and very limited sight lines.

He doesn't know what he's talking about...

Trup1aya

No way. The Library is exactly the same play space repeated over and over again, sure, but at least the battles themselves feel dynamic and intense (the Flood in Halo CE are still the most fun to fight) Cortana, on the other hand, is just terrible all around (easily the worst level in the whole franchise)

Didn't really feel dynamic to me... Floor 1: Move from A to B as flood forms pour out of vents. Floor 2 (which looks exactly like floor 1): move from A to B as flood forms pour out of vents. Floor 3: etc etc

I don't know man. Cortana was full of tight corridors where you would get sniped by those horrible Flood snipers. It was winding and narrow and just fucking ugly.

CE's Library was wide and tall so you could maneuver, backpedal, jump around, throw grenades, use rockets, etc. I wouldn't say that it was a beautiful level or anything like that, but it was designed properly for what it was: a throw back to doom-type levels where it's just you, your shotgun and the horders of hell. And the only way out is through.

Playing Library co-op with a friend is fun as hell. Playing Cortana is a pain in the ass no matter what.

That's just my opinion of course. :D
I agree that the levels where there are three-way battles are the best in the series. I don't know if we got much of those after Halo 3 though. Hell, I don't remember Halo 2 or 3 having anything as cool as that huge ice field at the end of Two Betrayals: Covenant wraiths, Hunters, Elites, Jackals, Grunts, rocket Flood, Flood carriers, etc. And you have to get through to get the Banshees. Badass.

Omni

I honestly couldn't tell you where this played during the game. If it even played at all. Maybe it's a mixing problem.

I pretty much agree with everything said in the OP. Though the thing that irritated me the most personally was the story itself and how painfully stupid it was. At times it literally felt like it was written by a five year old. It also carries on the tradition from Halo 4 of continually fucking up the series lore. Because who ever wrote the recent games seriously must not have played 1-3. Because I seriously can't explain or justify all the absolutely idiotic retcons 343 made.

But yeah. Those Warden fights can fuck off into space.

Actually has far as retcons go, there aren't terribly many. Also before anyone says Forerunner = Humans in the Bungie games, I suggest you read the Halo 3 terminals. I do agree that the direction that 343i are taking the universe is incredibly silly though.

jelly

I don't know man. Cortana was full of tight corridors where you would get sniped by those horrible Flood snipers. It was winding and narrow and just fucking ugly.

CE's Library was wide and tall so you could maneuver, backpedal, jump around, throw grenades, use rockets, etc. I wouldn't say that it was a beautiful level or anything like that, but it was designed properly for what it was: a throw back to doom-type levels where it's just you, your shotgun and the horders of hell. And the only way out is through.

Playing Library co-op with a friend is fun as hell. Playing Cortana is a pain in the ass no matter what.

That's just my opinion of course. :D

I agree that the levels where there are three-way battles are the best in the series. I don't know if we got much of those after Halo 3 though. Hell, I don't remember Halo 2 or 3 having anything as cool as that huge ice field at the end of Two Betrayals: Covenant wraiths, Hunters, Elites, Jackals, Grunts, rocket Flood, Flood carriers, etc. And you have to get through to get the Banshees. Badass.

Yeah, Halo CE Library is great fun.

Halo 2 forerunner flood levels had a creepy vibe, definitely liked the sound when you descended further. They aren't fun but you can breeze through them very quickly without much hassle with the cloak. Flood were better in other levels, the three way parts.

Anyone else force the Ghost up to play with at the big battle then steal a banshee in Two Betrayals? That's why I love CE the best, you can totally upset the intended flow.

I honestly couldn't tell you where this played during the game. If it even played at all. Maybe it's a mixing problem.

Actually has far as retcons go, there aren't terribly many. Also before anyone says Forerunner = Humans in the Bungie games, I suggest you read the Halo 3 terminals. I do agree that the direction that 343i are taking the universe is incredibly silly though.

It was played during blue teams introductory cutscene when they made that badass entrance. Cant recall if it was used beyond that.

It plays during the final blue team level, in the sections before you get to the Warden and it was pretty fucking incredible.

I just finished the campaign about 2 minutes ago, and I enjoyed it. Was it the best story in the world or the most evenly paced game... nah, but it was still pretty fun to play. I am far from a big halo fan. I have played most of them and felt that the flood was the most tedious enemy in the games. For me I probably enjoyed 5 more than any of the other campaigns, with 4 being the only one I haven't played.

Mostly agree. At the moment I rank it at the bottom of the mainline Halo games. Haven't played Reach and ODST since launch so don't really remember much from those.

That said, Halo 4 was in the same position when it released for me and has grown on me a lot with the MCC.

But I would love for them to just dump the Prometheans once this story is over and give us some Master Chief against the Covenant again. Make it a flashback to earlier missions if they have to, or just fight a surviving splinter group that decides to take over a Halo or whatever.

MDave

The campaign seems to be quite polarizing. I read the first 100 posts in this thread and that is the impression I got.

Story that only makes sense if you read the books or comics that cover the characters between games. That goes for Halo 4 too.

The way Halo CE was presented story wise was genius. It told the story in a simple and easy to understand way because it focused on the here and now and not of what happened to characters in the past.

And if you wanted to read about the past, lore and characters in more detail, that's what the books were for.

And if you didn't, it left things to your imagination which was great.

Halo 5 doesn't really allow for that. Which makes it really a campaign for the existing fans of the series that read the books / comics.

As for peoples complaints about the gameplay of campaign, I think that can wildly vary depending on how you are playing it. I ask them if the following is true:

Playing it on Heroic or Legendary to get the most out of the enemy encounters and gameplay? Or on Easy or Normal just trying to rush through the game to see what happens next in the story?

Playing it Solo or Co-op is a totally different experience too.

I see a lot of those that played it Co-op have posted positive comments about the campaign.

Are you using strategy to fight enemies or just firing away without knowing of weapon effectiveness and enemy weak points? And thus why I read comments saying Prometheans are getting called bullet sponges?

Wardens suck to fight solo but much better gameplay wise to fight Co-op?

The way you play Halo 5 can change the experience of what it delivers to you gameplay wise it seems.

It's a shame it seems to not be a great experience for those that don't know the lore or backstory to understand the story in Halo 5.

It's a shame it's not enjoyable to play solo on easier difficulties where you don't learn or need to learn to use strategy to fight the tougher enemies.

For that way, the game is flawed. Unless it is played the best way to play it?

Voidwolf

I'm not interested in the multiplayer for this game at all, I hate what 343i has done to Halo but I was looking to pick it up solely for the campaign. After reading this now I'm not so sure I'll even do that. It's a shame, I absolutely love the Halo series and have been playing these games since CE but 343i just doesn't seem to understand how to make a good Halo game.

It's called an opinion. One the OP took his time to explain. Unlike yours.
Pretty much the only part of the campaign that I enjoyed. I would argue that it's one of the better Halo OSTs.
Yeah. I personally find Halo 5 my least favorite Halo in terms of campaign, but I got the OST the moment I finished the game. It really is something else.

gloriousd

Neo Member

This.

I think the campaign in Halo 5 may be my favourite in the series, especially when it comes to gameplay.
The quality of the story is debatable, I guess, nevertheless I wholeheartedly disagree with almost everything written in the OP.

Cimarron

I loved it. Warden Eternal was a huge pain in the ass. But I feel that was kind of the point. Can anyone honestly say that the Flood were fun to fight? I hated them but that was part of the formula that made Halo work back then. Most fun I had with Halo since Reach. More please.

TEH-CJ

Banned
You have got to be joking. It is much better than either one of those stinkers. It blows my mind anybody would even think they are comparable.

Not joking. I would even argue Shadow fall's first 5 missions were more enjoyable than Halo 5. Unfortunately Shadow fall campaign turned to crap after that so its why I rank Halo 5 slightly better. But those warden boss fights? how on gods name could anyone enjoy that shit?

pj

Banned
Mechanically it's identical to scoping in the previous games, except they've added zoom to automatics.

The idea that it has a large effect on increasing the distance of combat is ridiculous. It also completely contradicts one of his other complaints:

I said I wasn't sure what made the engagement distance further, but it definitely is. I rarely meleed or used close range weapons unless I went out of my way to do so. I think they tried to mitigate it with descoping but that actually makes it worse since you hang even further back to avoid getting hit.

It's not a contradiction to say the levels are tighter and also the engagement distance is further. If a game had a level that was 10 feet wide and two miles long, I would call it cramped, and it would also be easy to have a super far enemy engagement distance.

pj

Banned
The warden is basically a hunter from Halo 1. Just get behind him and throw a sticky grenade at his back and he dies. How did you die 60+ times to him? And yes I am playing on heroic.

60 times total, maybe half to him (and half or 2/3 of those on the last fight)

Demise

I'm done with the campaign and if it wasn't the best of all time, it was at least decent imo. I would give it a 6 out of 10. With CE being 8.5 out of 10. But I admit Halo 5 great ost and presentation (best-made cinematics I have ever seen in my life, the introduction alone... Oo + very good graphics + 60 fps...) have a lot to do with it since I was really impressed by it.

But I also admit that the game feels very short and that the story was very light.
The trailers and overall teasing about the game was intense chase and Locke vs John. And you only see them fight through a cinematics. Plus Locke reasons to chase John are not that deep and it's a mess overall, it's not really that believable. Or at least, the chase and the reasons behind it are not as tense as the trailers and teasing about the game promised it to be. Plus, how many time Cortana will be back in the franchise ? Let the poor girl die once and for all.

hurzelein

It's a bad halo campaign. Awesome campaign on any other FPS metrics.

This. It wasn't all bad, some parts were decent, but I didn't really care for it.

And I agree with most in the OP regarding enemies , weapon zoom, Warden etc. (except that IMHO Halo 4's campaign was much better than 5, OP seems to have hated 4). Would add bad intro + ending of 5:

Intro: Yeah, Spartans are a one man army, and it's a new generation, but this was ridiculous. Wasn't and should not be delivered ingame, doesn't pay respect to the enemies strength etc. I really think 343 lacks Bungies sense for the encounter setup and the "player - enemies" relationship. Remember how a lot of fights vs. standard elites felt like an awesome encounter even if you were sure to win it? Today, enemies just feel faceless.

Ending: Felt like a bad teaser trailer for Halo 6.

Think this could have been the last Halo game for me. Will look into Multiplayer in the next few days but right now I don't really care for something like that campaign.

RSB

Banned
Can't help but smh at what 343 did to the Covenant Elites.

Halo Reach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X49oDbqv4do
Halo 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VupL37oE0mI#t=4m25s

It's like Jul is hiring these guys out of Covenant Kindergarten.
Yeah, the Elites have been downgraded quite a bit in the last couple of games. I'd rather have the slightly too agressive Elites from Reach than the mostly inoffensive ones from Halo 4/5. Halo CE Elites are still the GOAT of course.

Worse campaign than Killzone Shadowfall and Battlefield games? Jeez, that sounds bad.
I haven't played Shadowfall. Battlefield is pretty brutal too, but there's no bar there. I absolutely stand behind everything I said without hyperbole, though. I suppose some can think otherwise, I just honest to god don't know how they can refute some of the points in this thread. Some of the main objective things that it does worse than every other Halo.

1) No character arcs.

2) Trailers and ads blatantly lied about campaign content

3) Developer lied about length of campaign. Claimed twice as long as 4, when it's the shortest of all

4) Story unapologetically copies some of the worst/most-used science fiction plots of all time, doing it worse somehow, which is mind blowing. Hard to know where they're going for sure, but one outcome is lazy and the other bastardizes a beloved character.

5) Horrible, underdeveloped "villain"

6) Pathetic music score. Series low.

7) Corridor level design, even in outdoor spaces (???). Where are the Halo sandboxes? Practically zero mission variety.

It just has "we didn't give a shit" written all over it. The one thing I'll give is that I don't know where they are going with the story... but it doesn't matter. Every game has to stand on its own feet, and this one doesn't. I really did like Halo 4. The lead writer they had there wrote some beautiful stuff for the Chief and Cortana. When I looked it up, I wasn't surprised to learn he moved on as the lead writer of Mass Effect 4.

Seventy70

I'm struggling to find the motivation to beat the campaign. It just doesn't have that epic Halo campaign feel that the older ones had. They made it so bland and lifeless both story-wise and also visually.

What happened to the colors? You used to be able to look at a picture and you instantly could tell that it was a Halo game. You take a screenshot of this game and it looks like some B tier title that is trying to be Halo. Everything is so desaturated and wherever there is color, it's concentrated as hell. Don't get me started on the spartan designs, it looks like they had some kind of partnership with Faygo. It's ridiculous.

It's so disappointing because everyone had no doubts that 343 would carry on Halo effortlessly.

Edit: I just realized that it's similar to Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. The tone/design is just off and feels like it doesn't fit into the series. It feels like an offshoot.

I loved it. Warden Eternal was a huge pain in the ass. But I feel that was kind of the point. Can anyone honestly say that the Flood were fun to fight? I hated them but that was part of the formula that made Halo work back then. Most fun I had with Halo since Reach. More please.

They at least mixed things up in the game.

Halo 5's biggest problem is the encounters are the exact same stuff repeated over and over. Less than halfway through, you have seen pretty much what's to come, and it's just variations of how many of these enemies will spawn. The enemy design was alot better than 4's but the combat was still highly dull and for the most part highly linear still. Oh look i'm running down Forerunner architecture and poof spawns the same protheans I've been fighting for last few hours. This pretty much is the entire finale of the game too just wave after wave of the same enemies.

There wasn't much variety at all in this campaign

5) Horrible, underdeveloped "villain"
I still don't know anything about the Warden, except that he isn't a robot, and has a singular mind but a multitude of bodies. That's literally it. There are maybe some relevant scraps of half-dialogue to be found in those later levels, but none of it shined any light for me.

Its a fun campaign, especially on legendary, but there are some real headscratchers when it comes to the most important aspects of the story and the drama that should drive the whole thing forward.

hurzelein

Yeah, the Elites have been downgraded quite a bit in the last couple of games. I'd rather have the slightly too agressive Elites from Reach than the mostly inoffensive ones from Halo 4/5. Halo CE Elites are still the GOAT of course.

It's also about their looks and feels as 'enemies'. Their personality doesn't come close to anything we had. If I remember correctly Bungie started 'enhancing' their optics (emphasized armour) with Reach, but it was still okay. Elites in 5 are a shadow of their former selfs.

The more I think about my playthrough of the last 2 days the more I dislike 5's campaign. Will give it another try in a year or so after replaying all other Halo games.

Either implement the four spartan squad mechanic properly, or drop it. In Halo 5 it felt like it was just shoe-horned in so they can say the game features four player drop in/out coop.

I might as well've been playing on my own as the three AI team mates were absolutely useless most of the time.

Not a fan of where the story is going. There is this massive universe of stuff to explore and I feel like we're just going through the same stuff over and over again. While the campaign in 5 was fun gameplay wise, the story was super lacking and I was very disappointed by it. Again thats just me, they are making this game for millions of people not to just please my tastes.

I don't hate Osiris or Locke as much as other people BUT Chief is Halo to me. So you only play as Chief three times is weak. If they are trying to bring Locke into centre stage more they need to do it gradually.

The thing is Halo 5 doesn't present any real reason to play so much as Osiris. Locke is boring. The more disappointing thing to me was Blue Team. They didn't utilize their specialties at all. I thought playing that Linda would be camping somewhere sniping and Kelly would be using her speed for recon. Instead they were just there. I think Locke is there because
they needed some way to fill the game up with gameplay. They basically wipe away Halo 4 in the first mission and in the comics so that about face means they needed to flesh out a new narrative around evil cortana. I could have easily been Chief the entire time because none of the marketing stuff, huntthetruth was in the game. I just think cortana as the villain doesnt work
and part of that is impacting the way people are judging the game. If the Bornsteller Didact appeared as the cliff hanger that might have been something if he was controlling a
broken piece of cortana
and the guardians.

I couldn't stand the fact that the Master Chief, was, in all honesty, an afterthought. Sure he's mentioned and has one really soild mission, but the rest is blah.

Didn't help that Locke is completely unlikeable.

Halo needs more Master Chief.

Seventy70

I couldn't stand the fact that the Master Chief, was, in all honesty, an afterthought. Sure he's mentioned and has one really soild mission, but the rest is blah.

Didn't help that Locke is completely unlikeable.

Halo needs more Master Chief.

I agree. This felt more like a spin off than a mainline Halo game. Halo has a formula that makes it Halo. You can follow it and also add new things at the same time, but it feels like they have moved so far away from that formula for no reason at all.

If they want to get away from what made Halo what it was so bad, they should just start a new IP.

For the record though, I do like some of the gameplay changes they have made. It's just the tone/design stuff that perplexes me.

Cranster

Banned
I agree. This felt more like a spin off than a mainline Halo game. Halo has a formula that makes it Halo. You can follow it and also add new things at the same time, but it feels like they have moved so far away from that formula for no reason at all.

If they want to get away from what made Halo what it was so bad, they should just start a new IP.

For the record though, I do like some of the gameplay changes they have made. It's just the tone/design stuff that perplexes me.
Halo is more than just one single character.

Seventy70

I'm not interested in the multiplayer for this game at all, I hate what 343i has done to Halo but I was looking to pick it up solely for the campaign. After reading this now I'm not so sure I'll even do that. It's a shame, I absolutely love the Halo series and have been playing these games since CE but 343i just doesn't seem to understand how to make a good Halo game.

That's what they have shown so far, sadly.

Seventy70

Halo is more than just one single character.

I'm not saying it is. The characters are one of the main things that made Halo stand out. Every single one was full of life. Sgt. Johnson was a badass. Even the minor characters like your allies and the covenant were full of personality. The games were very dramatic, but they also had humor and personality. The campaigns had multiple tones throughout. In my opinion, that's what made the universe so interesting and what caused Halo to stand out. You could even see it with stuff like Red vs. Blue and all of the Machinima videos that people used to make. It was an interesting universe full of life. I would compare it to the same way people look at the Star Wars universe. I also believe that the world they created had a role in setting the tone for the multiplayer, which is one of the reasons the multiplayer ended up being so successful.

I'm just not seeing that personality and charm since 4. Everything is just so lifeless and boring. The characters are incredibly dull and the story is monotone the whole way through. They threw away the things that made Halo great to start with. Halo doesn't need more characters, it needs better characters.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The fact that this thread has gone on for 10 pages is a bigger travesty then what's stuffed in the OP.

I don't know what it is, even if it's the same or not something bout it feels different to the point where I feel I shouldn't even scope. I'm not sure if it's the movement or diffeence in movement between scoped and non scoped or not.

Top Bottom