• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
I'm not sold on Tua whatsoever but a win is a win! And every other team in the AFC East lost, so the Phins are in 1st place at least for this week. I also won my Fantasy Football matchup and won 60 cents on a 25 cent contest on FanDuel lol. All and all it was a good Sunday.

chromhound

b3xdr4f15an71.jpg

Lunarorbit

Fucking stoked about Mac Jones. Even though they lost he looked in command (besides that weird lateral at the beginning when he was he was blitzed). 14-18 with a td when he got blitzed.

Just a perfect dude for them to snag. McDaniels is attached at the hip to Jones during practice and after he comes off on offense. But..... McDaniels play calling has been stale for years. If I can predict that the pats will run every time they get into second and long then defensive coordinators can figure it out

Tschumi

Fucking stoked about Mac Jones. Even though they lost he looked in command (besides that weird lateral at the beginning when he was he was blitzed). 14-18 with a td when he got blitzed.

Just a perfect dude for them to snag. McDaniels is attached at the hip to Jones during practice and after he comes off on offense. But..... McDaniels play calling has been stale for years. If I can predict that the pats will run every time they get into second and long then defensive coordinators can figure it out
I just caught the highlights - been a long few days - I agree he looked pretty bad... what's with all the fumbles new england lol, cam newton last year and twice this game, including giving away the winning drive... maybe they're over-pumping the balls in response to previous controversies lol

Lunarorbit

I'm surprised that I'm actually enjoying listening to Eli and Peyton. I usually skip Monday night football cause they get crappy games and the announcers have been pretty bad over the years.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Hard to tell but it looks like the Manning broadcast got universal praise? I'm not seeing any negativity out there for it which is surprising because Twitter.

Tschumi

Baltimore:
Hard to tell but it looks like the Manning broadcast got universal praise? I'm not seeing any negativity out there for it which is surprising because Twitter.
It was pretty interesting, they were, like, doing skits and breaking down QB playcalling, which is apparently reasonable because Peyton took that whole thing to another level... Lol I wonder if the offensive coordinators took one look at the coverage and binned their call books :p

Great game, Carr the invisible man in all NFL conversations lol

manfestival

I sure miss the days of weekly threads. Though I remember how NFL threads last year were deader than Twisted Metal.

The memes used to be so good :pie_lcry: :messenger_weary:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
A guy at my office drafted Gus Edwards and Aaron Rodgers in his big money league.

I just.......feel for him lol

Tschumi

A guy at my office drafted Gus Edwards and Aaron Rodgers in his big money league.

I just.......feel for him lol
i just traded chris godwin (i just got antonio brown off waivers) for keenan allen and damien harris... not feeling too bad about that one

question is: do i replace aaron jones with damien harris, or no? i mean aaron jones got 3 fucking points last week but maybe he won't stay at that output? i'm certainly backing their passing game to improve but...

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

i just traded chris godwin (i just got antonio brown off waivers) for keenan allen and damien harris... not feeling too bad about that one

question is: do i replace aaron jones with damien harris, or no? i mean aaron jones got 3 fucking points last week but maybe he won't stay at that output? i'm certainly backing their passing game to improve but...
I have gotten offers for Lamb in my league. I can't give him up after that lol

Nobody_Important

offers for lamb wtf
Talkin GIF

Lamb is my #3 receiver. People know I don't NEED him so the scrubs who had shirt performances from their #1 and #2 are knocking on my door.

Nuh uh. You live with your failures. I'm doing just fine lol

Tschumi

Lamb is my #3 receiver. People know I don't NEED him so the scrubs who had shirt performances from their #1 and #2 are knocking on my door.

Nuh uh. You live with your failures. I'm doing just fine lol
post some snips of ur lineup? unless you did that on that other thread last week...

Nobody_Important

post some snips of ur lineup? unless you did that on that other thread last week...
Oh sorry.

(My league requires no TE. We just have a "flex position")

QB - Kyler Murray
RB - Najee Harris
RB - Darryl Henderson
WR - Deandre Hopkins
WR - Allen Robinson
WR - CeeDee Lamb
Flex - Travis Kelce
K - Harrison Butker
Def - Ravens

Last edited:

Tschumi

Oh sorry.

(My league requires no TE. We just have a "flex position")

QB - Kyler Murray
RB - Najee Harris
RB - Darryl Henderson
WR - Deandre Hopkins
WR - Allen Robinson
WR - CeeDee Lamb
Flex - Travis Kelce
K - Harrison Butker
Def - Ravens
Decent! Grats on getting Kelce lol, I was going to carry him over from last season but I overslept my draft (hard to sync times with the states here) and lost him :p Yeah Hopkins fantasy magic...

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Aaron Jones
RB - Austin Ekeler
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Justin Jefferson
TE - George Kittle
WR/RB - Ja'Marr Chase
K - Crosby
DEF - Tampa Bay

... I'm about to get Keenan Allen and Damien Harris though, I'm thinking using Allen as my WR/RB and putting Damien Harris in for Aaron Jones... But I dunno, Jones is unlikely to stink that hard again...

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Decent! Grats on getting Kelce lol, I was going to carry him over from last season but I overslept my draft (hard to sync times with the states here) and lost him :p Yeah Hopkins fantasy magic...

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Aaron Jones
RB - Austin Ekeler
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Justin Jefferson
TE - George Kittle
WR/RB - Ja'Marr Chase
K - Crosby
DEF - Tampa Bay

... I'm about to get Keenan Allen and Damien Harris though, I'm thinking using Allen as my WR/RB and putting Damien Harris in for Aaron Jones... But I dunno, Jones is unlikely to stink that hard again...
Damn you made out!

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Maybe interesting for some NFL nerds out there.

Last year, it was basically agreed upon by fans + analytics people that Buffalos worst defensive player was (CB2) Levi Wallace. He got picked on all last year and has very little upside. The Bill's didn't address the position in the draft or in free agency so he's still our starter.

Our next weakest unit last year was our offensive line, which we didn't address in the draft or free agency. The Steelers rushed 4 (sometimes 3) all day against Buffalo and pressured Allen on 38 percent of plays, which is high.

We basically lost last week because of the performance of our O Line and Levi Wallace got lit up.

We drafted two defensive ends in rd 1 (Greg Rousseau) and rd 2 (Boogie Basham) last year. Rousseau played fine (no sacks) and Basham didn't dress.

Long story short, our teams Super Bowl window is open this year and our GM didn't attempt to fix either weakness. It's only 1 game but I'd be curious to know how common that is for teams who finish a season with a top 6 record (13-3 last year) and make it to the AFC Championship game.

Tschumi

Maybe interesting for some NFL nerds out there.

Last year, it was basically agreed upon by fans + analytics people that Buffalos worst defensive player was (CB2) Levi Wallace. He got picked on all last year and has very little upside. The Bill's didn't address the position in the draft or in free agency so he's still our starter.

Our next weakest unit last year was our offensive line, which we didn't address in the draft or free agency. The Steelers rushed 4 (sometimes 3) all day against Buffalo and pressured Allen on 38 percent of plays, which is high.

We basically lost last week because of the performance of our O Line and Levi Wallace got lit up.

We drafted two defensive ends in rd 1 (Greg Rousseau) and rd 2 (Boogie Basham) last year. Rousseau played fine (no sacks) and Basham didn't dress.

Long story short, our teams Super Bowl window is open this year and our GM didn't attempt to fix either weakness. It's only 1 game but I'd be curious to know how common that is for teams who finish a season with a top 6 record (13-3 last year) and make it to the AFC Championship game.
Fantastic bit of content there! Courage, i say, i predicted going in that Tomlin would out-chess, but not everyone is a Tomlin! They didn't exactly stink the place up, put points on the board, don't go pulling the trigger on your session yet. Bucs looked 4th or 5th best in the league until their post season run...

Scapegoat players.. if i were a bills fan i would just be hoping they finally got good or for a young gun to supplant them... You guys got deep into the season with these "flaws" in tow, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

It's amazing how little emphasis some teams put on their o lines, Jacksonville, jets come to mind.. if you bring in a rookie qb you should move heaven and earth to give them time, don't stock up on options upfield imo...

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Wait a darn second. This is how they called the game winning play? (9:55 if timestamp doesn't work)

I'm not sure I want that atmosphere if they're calling a Bills game.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Wait a darn second. This is how they called the game winning play? (9:55 if timestamp doesn't work)

I'm not sure I want that atmosphere if they're calling a Bills game.

just watched that, i'm with u champ, i mean it was interesting enough but i like play-by-play calls, and unsurpringly russel wilson turns out to be the most useful :p

Tschumi

We got a game on our hands! Giants vs WhhhfFT

Snuck up on me there!

AlteredForms AlteredForms sack!

... Jones should be wearing gloves, he keeps dropping the pill bare handed? ehh

Last edited:

Tschumi

Daniel Jones: Rushing QB

Feel pretty bad for Gates there

Been like half an hour since WFT's WB last touched the ball

Last edited:
shaping up to be the usual thursday night shitshow. Well friday morning for me. I usually just lurk on here but it's kinda sad seeing one guy posting on the game and editing so as to not have to post 4 times in a row.

We got a game on our hands! Giants vs WhhhfFT

Snuck up on me there!

AlteredForms AlteredForms sack!

... Jones should be wearing gloves, he keeps dropping the pill bare handed? ehh
We're about to put in work and earn this dub the hard way. With Chase Young coming off the edge and the offensive line unable to stop the rush, I'm expecting Daniel Jones to have a tough day at the office. Fortunately we broke the bank for Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney, so we have some firepower on offense. Mix in some rushing with Saquaon, double team Washington's Terry McLaurin and hope Heinicke starts sucking and throws us the ball.

Tschumi

shaping up to be the usual thursday night shitshow. Well friday morning for me. I usually just lurk on here but it's kinda sad seeing one guy posting on the game and editing so as to not have to post 4 times in a row.
you sir are warm hearted :p

friday morning for me too :p

Tschumi

We're about to put in work and earn this dub the hard way. With Chase Young coming off the edge and the offensive line unable to stop the rush, I'm expecting Daniel Jones to have a tough day at the office. Fortunately we broke the bank for Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney, so we have some firepower on offense. Mix in some rushing with Saquaon, double team Washington's Terry McLaurin and hope Heinicke starts sucking and throws us the ball.
I think this Heinicke dude came to play but I can certainly say I think the Giants have as big a chance as the WFTs... But, darn, they gotta clean up the daft errors a lil' bit

EDIT: I gotta head out to post a package to the States, I'll follow with live updates

EDIT 2: Just had to come in to cheekily suggest that the Giants might want to trade Jones for Heinicke :p

Last edited:
I think this Heinicke dude came to play but I can certainly say I think the Giants have as big a chance as the WFTs... But, darn, they gotta clean up the daft errors a lil' bit

EDIT: I gotta head out to post a package to the States, I'll follow with live updates

EDIT 2: Just had to come in to cheekily suggest that the Giants might want to trade Jones for Heinicke :p
One of our offensive linemen broke his damn foot. Usually this would be devastating, but since our O-Line is ranked worst in the league I’m not too fazed by this.

Tschumi

GAMEWEEK 2 PREDICTIONS, give 'em to me

Score going in:
Tschumi = 8
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = 9
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = 9​

*NOTE: How about we try an honor system and count our own picks?

WFT - Giants <BYE>
Eagles - 49ers - I think the Niners are professional as hell with Jimmy G on the pitch
Jags - Broncos - Sadly, I think we're in the midst of watching Trev' Lawrence getting thumped behind a weak O Line and facing injury struggles for years.
Colts - Rams - Good coaching, good skill position players, Wentz might freak out.
Jets - Patriots - Feel bad because I like the Pats, but I think they're gonna contrive a way to lose by 1 again.
Buccaneers - Falcons - Can't go against them here.
Seahawks - Titans - Russel and co are SB-bound. Imo.
Ravens - Chiefs - Nah, can't do it, wanted to back the Ravens but that's just too nutty after last week
Steelers - Raiders - Gotta back the Steelers after last week, but dammit, underestimate Carr and co at ur peril.
Browns - Texans - I think the Browns are 'the truth' this season, top 10 team.
Panthers - Saints - Again, you can't go against them after last week, Winston should feast on his elevated skill players
Dolphins - Bills - Time for Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes to feel good again
Bears - Bengals - The great thing about Burrow and the Bengals is that they've time to pass and good options for that pass, I think they'll look pretty classy in the Bear's secondary.
Cardinals - Vikings - My fantasy team hopes the Cards give up a lot of yardage to Jefferson, but Murray's the second coming of Russ' Wilson and he gon' winnit.
Chargers - Cowboys - Hardest matchup of the round to pick, shit... Chargers to win an even contest by 1 or 2.. I want to change my mind but I just dunno if McCarthy has enough upstairs to swing a tight one like this, even with Dak...
Packers - Lions - I think the Packers are nailed on to flip last week's result and keep the Lions under 10.

Anyone welcome to join in! Even lurkers!

Last edited:

Tschumi

What an absolute heartbreak. Can’t believe we lost by a single point, but sometimes that’s how life goes. Just ask the Bills from SB25.
I personally believe that 1 point loss is better than a blowout, at least u can mix it

... why don't u join in our prediction stakes? I think i'll buy gold for the winner or something

Nobody_Important

GAMEWEEK 2 PREDICTIONS, give 'em to me

Score going in:
Tschumi = 8
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = 9
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = 9​

*NOTE: How about we try an honor system and count our own picks?

WFT - Giants <BYE>
Eagles - 49ers - I think the Niners are professional as hell with Jimmy G on the pitch
Jags - Broncos - Sadly, I think we're in the midst of watching Trev' Lawrence getting thumped behind a weak O Line and facing injury struggles for years.
Colts - Rams - Good coaching, good skill position players, Wentz might freak out.
Jets - Patriots - Feel bad because I like the Pats, but I think they're gonna contrive a way to lose by 1 again.
Buccaneers - Falcons - Can't go against them here.
Seahawks - Titans - Russel and co are SB-bound. Imo.
Ravens - Chiefs - Going out on a limb here, now's the time for Lamar to reverse the Chiefs at home.
Steelers - Raiders - Gotta back the Steelers after last week, but dammit, underestimate Carr and co at ur peril.
Browns - Texans - I think the Browns are 'the truth' this season, top 10 team.
Panthers - Saints - Again, you can't go against them after last week, Winston should feast on his elevated skill players
Dolphins - Bills - Time for Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes to feel good again
Bears - Bengals - Really interesting matchup, I think the Bears will take it despite starting with Dalton.
Cardinals - Vikings - My fantasy team hopes the Cards give up a lot of yardage to Jefferson, but Murray's the second coming of Russ' Wilson and he gon' winnit.
Chargers - Cowboys - Hardest matchup of the round to pick, shit... Chargers to win an even contest by 1 or 2,
Packers - Lions - I think the Packers are nailed on to flip last week's result and keep the Lions under 10.
Ha! I like it. I'll get my picks in sometime today or tomorrow.

Top Bottom