• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

xPikYx

Project Cars 2 (Ingame) + Custom Reshade + Path Tracing GI

N2rSjvO.png

Project Cars 2 (Replay) + My Custom Reshade + Path Tracing GI

XEdIoiN.png

sXwpG8R.png

You're just about there. I'd say a bit more boost to blue and green, pull a bit from the red, add a little extra contrast and you're there. Your posts made me hop back into the game for more tweaking. I'm trying to go for a 1990's photograph look. I have about a million photos of my cars I've owned from the 90's for reference.

Project Cars 2 - Reshade/Texture mods

Ca12kcy.jpg

EUWRuiq.jpg

Last edited:

xPikYx

You're just about there. I'd say a bit more boost to blue and green, pull a bit from the red, add a little extra contrast and you're there. Your posts made me hop back into the game for more tweaking. I'm trying to go for a 1990's photograph look. I have about a million photos of my cars I've owned from the 90's for reference.

Project Cars 2 - Reshade/Texture mods

Ca12kcy.jpg

EUWRuiq.jpg
Thank you for your advices I'll try to look at it, what do you mean by pull the red? Less saturation?
Your reshade is nice too, I would like to try it out if you can
Also what iz that texture mod you are talking about? I wasn't aware

Nice shots!

Sorry I worded that sentence poorly. Boosting the green and blue will pull from the red on it's own. Right now if you look at your reds compared to the broadcast shot, they are more saturated but yout blues/greens are less saturated (keeping in mind that the greenery in the broadcast is much healthier than the in the game) so a small boost to those will effectively tone down the red at the same time.

I don't have my Reshade up anywhere, I just fiddle with it. I'll try to get something sharable next time I run it.

Texture mods are on some of the cars. Each car has a blank available you can load a DDS file into the game files from various sites like this or you can make your own using a template. You can fart around a little with the textures to improve the factory paint in the game as well (add/remove gloss). You're able to do basically anything SMS was to the cars (latte paint with glossy decals for example) Unfortunately that's as far as texture mods go in the game.

A couple people unpacked the game files but SMS kindly asked people not to as other people might start modifying the engine itself and use it to cheat if it became too easy to get ahold of. I'd love to replace a lot of textures in the game as some are really good, but others are pretty muddy.

xPikYx

Sorry I worded that sentence poorly. Boosting the green and blue will pull from the red on it's own. Right now if you look at your reds compared to the broadcast shot, they are more saturated but yout blues/greens are less saturated (keeping in mind that the greenery in the broadcast is much healthier than the in the game) so a small boost to those will effectively tone down the red at the same time.

I don't have my Reshade up anywhere, I just fiddle with it. I'll try to get something sharable next time I run it.

Texture mods are on some of the cars. Each car has a blank available you can load a DDS file into the game files from various sites like this or you can make your own using a template. You can fart around a little with the textures to improve the factory paint in the game as well (add/remove gloss). You're able to do basically anything SMS was to the cars (latte paint with glossy decals for example) Unfortunately that's as far as texture mods go in the game.

A couple people unpacked the game files but SMS kindly asked people not to as other people might start modifying the engine itself and use it to cheat if it became too easy to get ahold of. I'd love to replace a lot of textures in the game as some are really good, but others are pretty muddy.
Yeah I understood it, I thought you meant custom livrery later on. I already modified the colours, thank you for your advices, I was aware of the red but the green actually i was yet to notice it

ASSETTO CORSA (SHOWROOM) + my Custom Reshade

UsDGIR1.png

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I don't know why, I posted myself screens of this game but I don't like the graphic, it's too soft, blurry, painty, and ray tracing is useless

Yeah I know what you mean, game was blurry I had the same feeling. But I bought a new screen and I wanted to try this game and I have to say it look very very good. I don't know if they patched it (I've done the game on release) but it is quite good now.
For ray tracing I wouldn't be so negative. In some area it is not noticeable at all but in other, it can make quite a difference: RTX ON / RTX OFF. Still it's not worth the cost on FPS witch is 30/40 FPS for the highest setting.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider:

BTIIKwT.jpg
Kel9dAi.jpg

Last edited:

Markie

Why do so many people here still use Imgur to upload screenshots? It always compresses images to the point where there is a noticeable loss in pixel clarity... especially if you zoom in. It says "almost no loss during the upload" in this thread's original post but that's simply not true... Every single time i zoom in on a screenshot to see the details better and there's some compression artifacts... guess what. Imgur URL.

Just use Flickr, people. Your uploaded files remain untouched even with a free account.

Changing the subject, am I the only one who thinks BF1 looks better than BFV? The lighting, colour pallete, effects... Basically everything looks more natural and realistic, to me. There seems to be more visual coherence overral. I really can't think of an area where BFV looks clearly, undoubtedly better.

Good shots Cosmic Smash Cosmic Smash !

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Why do so many people here still use Imgur to upload screenshots? It always compresses images to the point where there is a noticeable loss in pixel clarity... especially if you zoom in. It says "almost no loss during the upload" in this thread's original post but that's simply not true... Every single time i zoom in on a screenshot to see the details better and there's some compression artifacts... guess what. Imgur URL.

Just use Flickr, people. Your uploaded files remain untouched even with a free account.

Changing the subject, am I the only one who thinks BF1 looks better than BFV? The lighting, colour pallete, effects... Basically everything looks more natural and realistic, for me. There seems to be more visual coherence overral. I really can't think of an area where BFV looks clearly, undoubtedly better.

Good shots Cosmic Smash Cosmic Smash !

Yeah true, I used Imgur because it's simple but indeed I have the same problem with compression. I think it wasn't the case not that long ago :messenger_confused: I'm actually searching for an alternative but I don't like Flickr (I know it's dumb ^^). Did Flickr as a limit for files size ?

I think EAs frostbite has not been given the credit it deserves. Its probably a top 5 game engine and proven by Nathans post on how much BF1 still looks amazing(As does DA). You can just basically snap pics all day and get great pics. Here is the flip side of that coin(fallout 76) though i think it still looks good, but unacceptable for a 'AAA' studio with their $$$$.

kWUOzOi.jpg

QD44K2A.jpg

Another game engine that is never discussed is Avalanches Apex open World. Its probably equal to Frostbite where you can just snap a pic anytime and get a great shot. The second shot is during a rainstorm which is probably the most realistic i have ever seen., except it doesnt show on the weapon like in BF.

Generation Zero

xg3qDzu.jpg

8kXALA0.jpg

Armorian

Banned
Looks like HBAO+ flag I used in DS2 no longer works visually, it hogs the GPU but with no visible results on the screen, at least that's what I think after further testing and I remember that it worked few years ago. But for Dead Space 1 Nvidia has official AO support in the driver and it works great, suprisingly while game has less details and worse shadows than DS2 I think it looks cleaner without color banding issues found in DS2.

Dead Space - DSR 4x - SMAA - HBAO+

txtLtLiG_o.png

M7cNRezq_o.png

AceFlame

Neo Member
The Witcher 3

These pics were taken awhile ago. I honestly cant even remember what mods i used lol. But i always thought they turned out alright

Specs: i7 8700k/GTX 1080Ti but at the time of these shots i was still on my 6700K/GTX 1080

jVZnQi.png

jVZzoP.png

jVZe8m.png

jVZveo.png
crap just realized i posted more than 2 in my last post, can you edit old posts? I havent been on NeoGaf in forever

Top Bottom