• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises | "The Last Hope for Image Quality"

What's the prettiest game of 2023?

• Alan Wake 2

Votes: 37 23.3%
  • Armored Core 6

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Cyberpunk 2077 : Phantom Liberty

Votes: 68 42.8%
  • Dead Island 2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Dead Space

• Forza Motorsport

• Hi-Fi Rush

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Lies of P

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Mortal Kombat 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake

• Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Alan Wake 2. Full ultra.
1J46dYW.jpeg
37tu0bJ.jpeg
RJZWh8J.jpeg
wdqBKeM.jpeg
KPQ4wpZ.jpeg
nbJLwuf.jpeg
eMnVXF9.jpeg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
These are from last year after 2.0 was released, but before PL and Path Tracing. My second playthrough.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 / 4K DLSS Quality (I downscaled my screens to 1080p to post here) / Max Settings / Vanilla Photo Mode / Draw Distance + 4K Textures Mod / All RT features enabled with RT on Psycho

wwRC5dI.jpeg

u4ArfMK.jpeg

Q7KRJs1.jpeg

Last edited:

tronied

Dungeon Siege, 1080p full ultra max.
Dungeon Siege was, and I would argue, still is a shining light in action RPG's. I must have put well over 1000 hours into the game and it's multiplayer when it came out.

Hundreds of spells with characters not being restricted to one class type (Barbarian + Mage). The game was also sort of open world where you could wander off in a random direction and find lots of short cuts to different towns / areas.

When my character was finally able to summon a rock beast was a high point. Still is one of my favourite games of all time. Shame they forgot everything that made it great when they made DS2 and DS3 :messenger_pensive:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dungeon Siege was, and I would argue, still is a shining light in action RPG's. I must have put well over 1000 hours into the game and it's multiplayer when it came out.

Hundreds of spells with characters not being restricted to one class type (Barbarian + Mage). The game was also sort of open world where you could wander off in a random direction and find lots of short cuts to different towns / areas.

When my character was finally able to summon a rock beast was a high point. Still is one of my favourite games of all time. Shame they forgot everything that made it great when they made DS2 and DS3 :messenger_pensive:
Hell yeah man.

To me, it's crazy that nobody has bothered trying to copy Dungeon Siege's design: a party-based Diablo game in which the player is more of a "manager" of the whole party in real time fights. Telling my fighters which enemy to target first while managing my spellcasters was super fun to me.

And yeah, kinda sad when I heard DS2 limited the party size to half of the first time, and DS3 is an absolute travesty.

The game was also sort of open world where you could wander off in a random direction and find lots of short cuts to different towns / areas.
Could it be you are thinking of the multiplayer or some custom campaign? The SP map was quite linear.

It's very cool how much custom content there's for this game. Some crazy lads ever ported both Ultima V and VI to Dungeon Siege, might check that out some day,

tronied

Complete agree about it being a shame no-one copied the mechanics from this game.
Could it be you are thinking of the multiplayer or some custom campaign? The SP map was quite linear.
Yes, sorry I mean't the multiplayer map. From the starting area, you could run off from the main path into the forest and skip your way to Quillrabe. There were lots of other shortcuts to learn. This is great if you're in a party with higher levelled players so could get a massive level boost.

And yeah, kinda sad when I heard DS2 limited the party size to half of the first time, and DS3 is an absolute travesty.
What was worse is that the original game had 170 spells. The second game was reduced to about 40 (if that). Seems like they got really lazy on the content front. I completed it but never went back.

Didn't know they ported Ultima to DS so will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 / 4K DLSS Quality (I downscaled my screens to 1080p to post here) / Max Settings / Vanilla Photo Mode / Draw Distance + 4K Textures Mod / All RT features enabled with RT on Psycho

oC7xYrR.jpeg

Xm1qvLP.jpeg

9OCri9T.jpeg

Top Bottom