• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Control Max Raytracing Ultra DLSS 4k
This game looks so amazing
r6DhjN2.jpg

3BItro4.jpg

Armorian

Banned
Dead Space 2 5120x2160 (DSRx4) - SMAA - HBAO+

QdoNQurW_o.png

XVjOAX0g_o.png

Edit 1

I'd never do that to you :( Thats an imposter

Damn, you broke my combo ;)

Edit 2

I cant see you dead space pictures

Hmm, tried opening page on different browser without cookies and they still work there, imgbox takes quite long to load so maybe it's that (they don't compress so it's worth it).

Last edited:

xPikYx

Control is an example , with a little rework on colors with Reshade you can have a movie image quality with ease. Next Gen Ready

Last edited:

Life

People keep spamming the same games for like almost a year. Just go back to 2019 thread sheesh.

Life

Feel free to contribute if you think what's being posted isn't good enough. If you have specific posters in mind, there is a handy ignore feature that will hide their posts as well.

Repetitive content is by default redundant and "not good enough" - nothing to do with my feelings. I'll post something when I find it hasn't gotten any attention and it deserves some light in here. I open this thread occasionally and it's literally been the same for almost a year - that was my point. And if someone does post something different - we won't see it cos it's riddled somewhere in the same smelly shitpile.

Last edited:

Oh no! The thread does not meet with your majesty's highest of standards? Perhaps you should demand KyoZz KyoZz request a moderator purge all the wretched posts that do not meet your esteemed approval so that the thread might better accommodate your specific tastes upon your next occasional visit m'lord.

OR

You are always welcome to fuck right off and stop complaining about a thread you never even have to look at :messenger_blowing_kiss: If you have nothing at all to contribute other than to stomp your feet and demand people post in accordance with your personal preferences maybe this isn't the place for you. I politely informed you of a simple way to filter posts/posters you dislike. There are a dozen or so regular posters in here, you can put every one on ignore in less time than it took you to piss your pants over their posts in the first place.

If you just don't like the entire thread you can even put the entire thread on ignore. You have so many options available to you that don't make you look like an ass. It seems most people here are happy with this "smelly shitpile" and it's mix of old, new, modded, tweaked, emulation, vanilla, photomode, in-game game and POI shots. But if it offends your superior refined tastes it might be easier to just do that than expect everyone that posts here to bend to your every whim, especially after taking a collective dump on the them. If I outright dislike a post, I find that the scroll wheel on my mouse can make it go away instantly without being a dick and insulting anybody. Give it a spin! It's super easy!

Forza Horizon 3 -

u5ILLUI.jpg

ygFItiX.jpg

What is this? The 2016 PC screenshot thread?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
BusierDonkey BusierDonkey You said it all (and that Sonic paint is AWESOME :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

"mix of old, new, modded, tweaked, emulation, vanilla, photomode, in-game game and POI shots " this is what I love in this tread !
Now I hope this discussion is closed, Life Life you are welcome to participate to this thread, but with respect. And if you don't like a screen, just keep scrolling. Enjoy the beautiful contribution we have here and ignore those you don't like.

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
Feel free to contribute if you think what's being posted isn't good enough. If you have specific posters in mind, there is a handy ignore feature that will hide their posts as well.

I'm not sure this fantasy thread can be saved.
I just hope that I could see something that can be called "no compromises" here. Yet there's nothing that doesn't yell "COMPROMISE" all over.
Sorry.

I'm not sure this fantasy thread can be saved.
I just hope that I could see something that can be called "no compromises" here. Yet there's nothing that doesn't yell "COMPROMISE" all over.
Sorry.

You said the same thing back on page 13 and nobody took the bait so I'll feed the troll this time and ask.

What compromises do you think are being made in this thread?

Forza Horizon 3 - No compromises edition

XL5kskp.jpg

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
You said the same thing back on page 13 and nobody took the bait so I'll feed the troll this time and ask.

What compromises do you think are being made in this thread?

Forza Horizon 3 - No compromises edition

XL5kskp.jpg

You're closely following my self-expression.
Thanks!

Compromises are made in graphics. Vast majority of these images look dated and meh. Bad shadows, strange lighting, aliasing, etc.
I won't be proud when posting them that no compromises were made.

So we're supposed to be taking the topic title literally? Lol. I thought it was just the PC screenshot thread.

Yeah, don't think I'll be adhering to the whim of that curmudgeon. You can have random shots from my laptop if I can find the folder they are saved in!

Life

and it's mix of old, new, modded, tweaked, emulation, vanilla, photomode, in-game game and POI shots. But if it offends your superior refined tastes

Aren't you overreacting to a simple observation I made, which is, most of the games have been the exact same ones for months now? I didn't mention anything about my HIGH standards. You're trying to make me seem snobby because it fits the narrative of your post?

As for the mix you're talking about, it would be great if that's what it was. But how many bloody pages do I have to backtrack to actually get to some of those? Be honest.

I made a simple observation about repetitive content in this thread, and people are firing at me left and right. Can't start a discussion these days without someone immediately telling you to "fuck off if you don't like it." I used to do that when I was 13 maybe.

In hindisght I should have said nothing and pretended Witcher, Control, Forza, Deliverance, GTA, Division, screenshots are novel achievements on every fucking page.@ T Twinguistics

Last edited:
Jedi: Smelly Pile of Fallen Shit

Dftmiw3.jpg

ut8XenM.jpg

So I'm just about done this game and I have to agree with keraj37 keraj37 . While there are some areas and things that look fantastic, as a whole the game has some pretty glaring flaws. A lot of environment object complexity is on the low-end and texture filtering is poor for a start. I think it has less to do with Frostbite vs Unreal and more to do with the studio itself. I think even using Frostbite a lot of the issues would be the same. Lighting and effects look just fine, the issues lie with the assets and animation. Not a slam on Respawn, the game is great, and complex in a lot of areas that Battlefront isn't like the size of the worlds and gameplay itself.

Continued earlier discussion in spoiler
You're closely following my self-expression.
Thanks!

Compromises are made in graphics. Vast majority of these images look dated and meh. Bad shadows, strange lighting, aliasing, etc.
I won't be proud when posting them that no compromises were made.

So it was a joke where you were taking the thread title out of context and applying it to the developers of the games themselves who can only make things as good as the hardware and technology of the time allow. Good one. Just remember the rule of three.

Aren't you overreacting to a simple observation I made, which is, most of the games have been the exact same ones for months now? I didn't mention anything about my HIGH standards. You're trying to make me seem snobby because it fits the narrative of your post?

Your simple observation:

People keep spamming the same games for like almost a year. Just go back to 2019 thread sheesh.

Kind of worded that observation questionably if you were expecting polite discourse to stem from it. That's like walking into a car show and complaining that there are too many classic and muscle car on display then telling the owners to go back to the 60's.

As for the mix you're talking about, it would be great if that's what it was. But how many bloody pages do I have to backtrack to actually get to some of those? Be honest.

None, if you'd pull your head out and make a couple changes on your end instead of expecting anyone to bend to your will.

Some games will be posted more than once, and they'll be posted some more in 2021/22/23/24 too I'd wager.

If you find a user is posting a game too often and don't like it, place that poster on ignore and all their "spamming" will not show up for you any longer and you won't have to suffer the arduous task of clicking on a mouse button. I'm really trying to help you here despite the growing sarcasm.

I made a simple observation about repetitive content in this thread, and people are firing at me left and right. Can't start a discussion these days without someone immediately telling you to "fuck off if you don't like it." I used to do that when I was 13 maybe.

4mrJtHC.jpg

Your "observation" was to complain that people are spamming. You "started a discussion" by flinging shit like a 13 year-old. I politely gave you a simple way to fix it to your liking that requires little/no effort, then you outright called the thread a smelly shit pile instead of clicking your mouse button a few times to fix it from your end. Those were your words and how you chose to introduce yourself to the thread. Now you're a victim because "everyone is firing at you" when you're the one that fired the first shot.

In hindisght I should have said nothing and pretended Witcher, Control, Forza, Deliverance, GTA, Division, screenshots are novel achievements on every fucking page.@ T Twinguistics

Nobody is asking you to pretend to like anything but saying nothing would have been preferable to barging into the thread with a blanket insult. If you dislike something feel free to stop looking at it! Are you strapped to your chair and only have this thread displayed in front of you? Do you lack the ability to leave the page? Of course not.

Again, there is a handy ignore feature available on GAF that is super convenient and easy to use with a single click. In the time it took you to post your poorly presented "observation", you could have ignored the people you are complaining making an observation about. It's really not a hard concept to grasp. It's pretty easy to pick out the posters who post images you don't want to see and set them to ignore. If you see another Forza post and you're starting to shake, instead of telling everyone to stop posting because you find navigating websites so difficult, just hover over their avatar to make their profile box expand automatically, then click ignore. Try it on mine if you haven't already!

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So we're supposed to be taking the topic title literally? Lol. I thought it was just the PC screenshot thread.

And you are right.

No matter if it's a 15 years old game, or another Witcher, Control, Forza etc... I dont care, if a screenshot is good, it's good. Period.
You have the right to not like it, but dont be disrespectful to other members to then act like you are the victim. Just ignore what you don't like, as other members do.

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider:

ex3lrRS.jpg
fTsuBDQ.jpg

Top Bottom