• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 NFL Conference Championships - Defense is Dead

Dthomp

What kills me is that the NFL hardly ever admits theirs refs mess up. They justify everything.

That was bad man

Yup, really shitty cause NO could have ran out the clock after that PI. They need better refs or the ability to look at replays at the end of playoff games. This could cost them a super bowl appearance that they deserve here today

Yup, really shitty cause NO could have ran out the clock after that PI. They need better refs or the ability to look at replays at the end of playoff games. This could cost them a super bowl appearance that they deserve here today

I’ve always felt that PI should be reviewable. It’s such an impactful penalty

greyshark

While that was a terrible missed call, the refs made it clear all day today that they weren’t calling much on either side. And the Saints had 1st down inside the 20 with less than two minutes to go - and a chance for their defense to make a stop. I don’t feel too bad for the Saints, they had their chances if they end up losing.

Dthomp

I’ve always felt that PI should be reviewable. It’s such an impactful penalty

Especially at the end of games. I mean even if the nfl comes out tomorrow and says the refs fucked up what good does that do NO if they lose after those bs calls?

The fix must be in. NFL wants LA vs NE for mass market appeal.

I’m rooting for the Saints so hard now.

After the Minnesota Miracle last year these guys deserve a break

Dthomp

The fix must be in. NFL wants LA vs NE for mass market appeal.

I’m rooting for the Saints so hard now.

After the Minnesota Miracle last year these guys deserve a break

Yeah I don’t have a horse in this race but am rooting for the Saints

greyshark

He’s got the leg, but man a miss would be disaster here.

Maybe it’s too conservative, but pinning them at the 10 is what I’d prefer.

Holy shit that was good from way more than 57

Last edited:

greyshark

I still can’t believe the Rams beat the Saints without Gurley - they have no shot in the Super Bowl if he’s not healthy for the game.

Dthomp

Well the nfl got half of what they wanted. I really wish sports these days could just be about best team wins, and less about storylines and what will get them the most ratings. Sucks hard for Saints fans, they should be going to the super bowl.

Congratulations Rams. Saints got screwed on that call but Rams still had to win it.

Wow! This is my first post in like over a year.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
I'm not a fan of either team but the Saints were screwed by the refs at the end of the game when it mattered. Like I get the NFL wants LA in the Superbowl and I shouldn't be surprised but it's pretty shitty.

Dthomp

I can’t wait to see the NFL Officials twitter account justify the non-call. Those twitter threads are always hilarious

I mean at this point why even respond. We all know they fucked the Saints...twice at the end. Maybe they can come out and just say they did the job they were supposed to do and get LA there...

Texas Pride

Banned
Refs going full on Bird box at the end. Rams have no shot at beating the Patriots and they'd be dogs vs the Chiefs. NFL is synonymous with greed and it is a black eye on the shield.

Dthomp

Rams played good but winning like this is bs when you’re actually the loser.

Don’t worry, epsn, fox and cbs will all just tell you about the great Rams comeback and try to make you excited for their set up super bowl. Game be damned, ratings are king

This Pats vs Chiefs game is gonna be ridiculous! :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_waving::messenger_beermugs:

That anthem made me hyped.

giphy.gif

Hobbesian

Banned
If you're a Rams fan: just know that that was the Donald J. Trump of playoff wins and that "Russian Interference" is the quirky little pun that put your team in the Super Bowl against majority wishes.

dionysus

Yaldog
Too sad to say much. Saints future is bleak after giving up all our draft picks. They went for broke this year and a terrible call ends it. Not a unique story, too many blown calls for every team.

natjjohn

Not looking good early for the Chiefs. Almost a lock Pats score on this drive.

Also, with Saints. PI screwed them, but why are you throwing. Three runs and kick. All Rams time outs gone (they only had two) so you’d get to kill a decent chunk of clock as well.

Not looking good early for the Chiefs. Almost a lock Pats score on this drive.

Also, with Saints. PI screwed them, but why are you throwing. Three runs and kick. All Rams time outs gone (they only had two) so you’d get to kill a decent chunk of clock as well.

I think the incomplete pass on first completely screwed up their plan. Things just went from bad to worse.

Top Bottom