• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

141 million gamers played Ubisoft games last year (2020).

My sympathies are with each one of them
sL6j4ez.gif

Neil Young

Big numbers doesn't prove the quality of something. AT. ALL.
I won't detail here because I'm lazy but you can do some research on that. It has to do with marketing, ads, sponsoring etc...
Sure. If we were talking about ONE genre, one game series....maybe. Then it could be a fluke or Transformers like thing. They have multiple games that do very well. By your example, Nintendo games must really stink. Because, you know, marketing and ads. Also, I could see if the games were lazy. But have you taken a second and looked at the detail in a game like Division 2? You can learn something at the museums in the game! The locations are spot on. Ass creed is incredible in its detail as well.

People know that when they buy an Ass Creed game, Far cry etc, they will get bang for their buck. Great graphics, voice acting, story, and a long game to boot.

On a side note, BOTW basically copied the Ubisoft formula right down to the map icons and towers but stripped out the story and interesting things to discover. Meanwhile, we have to pretend that it was game of the decade while it did LESS than Ass Creed Origins. Also, Ubisoft trolls BOTW by releasing their rip off version in Phenyx and it's a BETTER game. But, once again, we have to pretend that it isn't because "lol Ubisoft".

Also, Sony releases Ghosts, the Japanese Ass Creed (which was incredible), and people can't jerk off fast enough to praise it while simultaneously shitting on the Creed games.

Top Bottom