• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft teasing Beyond Good and Evil 2 reveal at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted on May 31st on their facebook page.

223110_515356038513886_447277848_n.png

We’re a bit busy prepping for E3. Time to call in some reinforcements. (Points if you remember this classic character!)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...868.1073741828.488074291242061&type=1&theater

Not to mention the game was listed on the E3 insider page.

It's time to switch back.

Amir0x

Banned
man after all this time... I hope so!

Also I love how it says "points if you can remember this classic character", but the image has the character's name on it already lol

~~Hasan~~

its been in development for long time. its about time they show the game.

with that being said, i hope its not a console exclusive lol

JB2448

I really hope we get this game. It's been so long. :( I still remember the trailer.
Holy crap, it's been half a decade since this thing dropped. D:

Green background, X1 exclusive?

Actually, based on the sales of the first game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's multiplatform and multigen.

PetrCobra

Make it Wii U exclusive then announce ports to every other platform one week from release... all versions launching simultaneously half a year from that time

Leonsito

I have a feeling this might be exclusive to WiiU, remember they had a PS3/360 version in development, might be cheaper to develop that for WiiU than a new version for PS4/X1.

Alx

Joke aside, I really doubt it would be X1 exclusive. Probably multiplatform, and if it was exclusive, I would rather bet on Sony. Ubi has been much closer to them than MS lately (I vaguely remember a rumor about DRM strategies explaining that).

I have a feeling this might be exclusive to WiiU, remember they had a PS3/360 version in development, might be cheaper to develop that for WiiU than a new version for PS4/X1.
Third party exclusive on Wii U? A risky strategy at the best of times... and these are not the best of times for Nintendo.

Leonsito

Third party exclusive on Wii U? A risky strategy at the best of times... and these are not the best of times for Nintendo.

The original sold better on Gamecube, and it had 5 times less installed base than the PS2 at the time, and the WiiU public is more accesible for a game like this imo, throwing it against the flood of Call of Dutys, FIFAs and all that would be suicide.

Edit: Or, of course, PS3/360/WiiU

its been in development for long time. its about time they show the game.

with that being said, i hope its not a console exclusive lol

In development might not be the right thing to say. Announced and at one point in development would be more correct.

Will be interesting to see if they bring it back who is working on it considering Ancels studio must have been busy with Rayman and is super small studio.

wsippel

Banned
Nintendo could bankroll it like they did with Bayonetta 2. The IPs are kinda similar in that they're both beloved, but not very successful, and neither IP fits the current AAA, yearly sequel agenda, but both are still too big for downloadable games. And unlike Bayonetta, BG&E actually has a history on Nintendo platforms.

Not saying it's guaranteed to happen, but I think it's at least possible.

Spierek

Fingers crossed, don't fail me now Ubisoft.

And don't you even dare pull a Deus Ex: The Fall on the fanbase.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I could totally see this game being a Wii U exclusive, sponsored by Nintendo in some fashion. It's one of those titles where I think there's a significant overlap between its intended audience and the Wii U's current main demographic (i.e. Long time Nintendo enthusiasts).

Mithos

Nintendo could bankroll it like they did with Bayonetta 2. The IPs are kinda similar in that they're both beloved, but not very successful, and neither IP fits the current AAA, yearly sequel agenda, but both are still too big for downloadable games. And unlike Bayonetta, BG&E actually has a history on Nintendo platforms.

Not saying it's guaranteed to happen, but I think it's at least possible.

Imagine the meltdown if it is.

bomma_man

I could totally see this game being a Wii U exclusive, sponsored by Nintendo in some fashion. It's one of those titles where I think there's a significant overlap between its intended audience and the Wii U's current main demographic (i.e. Long time Nintendo enthusiasts).

From memory GameCube was the lead platform for the original...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
On paper, Beyond Good & Evil 2 wouldn't be a crazy investment for Nintendo, like Bayonetta 2, where they fund the remainder of development and publish the title themselves. The kind of game it is, and the legacy it has from the previous generation, would be quite fitting I think for the Nintendo crowd moreso than anybody else.

But I don't think that will be the case. If Beyond Good & Evil 2 does happen, I expect it to appear PC and next generation platforms. Maybe cross gen.

Famassu

It won't be. I'm pretty sure Ancel has said that the reason why BG&E2 isn't a reality yet is because they are using some tech in the game that PS360 couldn't handle, so they've just been waiting for next-gen. And if PS360 can't handle it, neither can Wii U.

wsippel

Banned
From memory GameCube was the lead platform for the original...
I don't know if it was, but the Jade engine became Ubisoft's go-to middleware for the first batch of Wii games (whereas PS360 games usually used Scimitar/ Anvil). The successor to Jade, LyN, which was designed for BG&E2, then became Ubisoft Montpellier's standard engine for later Wii games like Red Steel 2 and Rabbids Go Home. They have it up and running on Wii U as well, as it's the engine powering Zombi U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom