• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite plot twists

Bob White

Reading that KOTOR spoiler makes me wish I had played the whole thing. Wow. That REALLY is a shocker.

And the Shenmue 2 spoiler I read is a cool one too.

AniHawk

DCX said:
Useful thread when 80% of it is blacked out :p

DCX

Highlight the blacked out stuff. It's so people who haven't played the games don't have 'em spoiled. And when you're talking plot twists, it's something I'm sure a lot of people would prefer.

Also loved Prince of Persia: Sands of Time's -
The Prince is actually telling the story to Farah. I didn't expect her to die at the end of the game.

jiggle

Forgot one that I really like, from a good game too:

Shadow Hearts 2:
The story is based on the bad ending of SH1. But at the end of SH2, you are sent back to the past, to the moment SH1 begins. To achieve the good ending, maybe.

Plus the supposed love interest turns out to be your mother>_<.

Not really a plot twust but...

Zelda: oot
When Gannon knocks the master sword form links hand, and then the battel starts...wasn't expecting that. Although I dunno about this did the battle start after you got the sword back or before?

The oldest one I can think of...

Sorr yout princesses is in another Castle :lol

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Eternal Darkness
Oh wait, there weren't any. Alright, there was one maybe, not that it was any good, but I just wanted to vent my frustration on the rubbish story after it was so hyped.

AniHawk

Mama Smurf said:
Eternal Darkness
Oh wait, there weren't any. Alright, there was one maybe, not that it was any good, but I just wanted to vent my frustration on the rubbish story after it was so hyped.

The plot twist was
everything in mankind's history had been molded by the Ancients. For example: You know who succeeded Charlemagne? Louis the Pious.

Ranger X

One of the lastest plot twist in game i remember because it surprised me and found it good was in Beyond Good And Evil ---- when you actually learn that the pig friend is the chief of the underground movement.

( don't care for the black stuff over my writing. It's a thread speaking of plot twist so it's obvious to be spoilers-ahoy here. )

AniHawk

Wyzdom said:
One of the lastest plot twist in game i remember because it surprised me and found it good was in Beyond Good And Evil ---- when you actually learn that the pig friend is the chief of the underground movement.

( don't care for the black stuff over my writing. It's a thread speaking of plot twist so it's obvious to be spoilers-ahoy here. )

Yeah, but some people haven't PLAYED THE GAMES YET. It's just common courtesy.

AniHawk

Fire Emblem -
Even though I figured out Ninian and Nils were dragons, I was not prepared for Eliwood to kill her. The scene with Nils on his knees in agony is great. Her death scene was handled pretty well in general.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
the plot twist in ED is at the very end. Mantarock created 3 seperate time deminsion so that you Alex could destroy all 3 gods at the same time.

Wyzdom said:
Thanks for your love Jack.

No, thank YOU for being an insensitive idiot! Everyone has a part to play in the great message board ecosystem, and I see that you've thoughtfully volunteered for the role of "thoughtless bottom-feeder."

Seriously ... not adding spoiler tags because you "don't care for the black stuff" is about the dumbest thing I've heard all week. And I hang out at GAF, so that's pretty damn dumb. Sorry if pointing out your boorishness offends you.

ruffles

MGS:
Master being Liquid and Naomi being a fake.
Metroid:Zero Mission:
Final boss being Meta Ridley

LUNAR:SSSC -
MAGIC EMPEROR GHALEON!
I really should've seen it coming. I'm glad I didn't though, as it ended up having quite an impact.

There was also another cool plot twist in LUNAR -
Nash turning traitor

Bebpo

Banned
Talking about the MGS twist that a lot of people are putting
Didn't anybody notice that Master and Liquid have THE SAME VOICE ACTOR :p, MGS had a bunch of twists that surprised me, but the Master/Liquid thing wasn't one of them

Ranger X

No offense but i still think you're silly if you enter a thread called "Your favorite plot twists" and can't figure there will be spoilers.
Nobody will get killed and if you don't wanna be spoiled, don't read everything. I judged that my message didn't really need to be hid under black color and that's all.
It's nowhere near disrespect and you attack me personally first. I may just be the most respectfull guy of this whole freakin' board man.
What's more, Beyond Good And Evil wasn't a popular game and i'm pretty sure nobody was offended the spoil. The inverse is more probable! Maybe i even gave someone interest in this game now.

I also understand your point. I know it's common politic to hide spoilers.
The only thing i remember of this post now is you calling me a dick and "idiot"for nothing. I think it's an anal reaction from you. Big deal with my post really.

I'll hide my posts when i feel it's necessary. --- you will not excuse yourself from telling me i'm an dick and idiot.

belgurdo

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
As will I!

User CP > Buddy/Ignore Lists > Wyzdom > Update Ignore List

Jesus Christ, you're overreacting. Especially considering the fact that he gave ample warning about what he was going to spoil in lieu of using tags.This place must have spoiled you or something.

belgurdo said:
Jesus Christ, you're overreacting. Especially considering the fact that he gave ample warning about what he was going to spoil in lieu of using tags.This place must have spoiled you or something.

Do I care about the spoiler? No. But in a thread where everyone else is being polite enough to use spoiler tags, it's a bit nervy to forgo them on the grounds that you "don't wanna." Basically, though, I get off on misanthropy.

jett

D-Member
You're an idiot Wyzdom. Damn, it's been a long time since I called someone an idiot on this forum. :p Your point would be valid if this thread was about ONE game, but no, it's about several, therefore the use of spoiler tags is justified. If you can't understand why, then there's no hope for you.

I don't come into this thread to be goddamn spoiled about games I haven't played, I don't think anybody does. Going by your ass-backwards logic, this thread should have zero replies. I come here to share my opinion and to read the opinion of others, as long they are about games that I have finished.

Ranger X

AniHawk said:
Yeah, but some people haven't PLAYED THE GAMES YET. It's just common courtesy.

I'll hide my next spoils in regards of this very sir who's actually having manners.

Oh and thank you Belgurdo to be an adult and understand the whole thing.

jett

D-Member
Bebpo said:
Talking about the MGS twist that a lot of people are putting
Didn't anybody notice that Master and Liquid have THE SAME VOICE ACTOR :p, MGS had a bunch of twists that surprised me, but the Master/Liquid thing wasn't one of them

Not once during the PSX version is Master's voice actor mentioned. :p The characters' voices don't sound alike, either, thanks to Liquid's marked accent.

jett said:
Not once during the PSX version is Master's voice actor mentioned. :p The characters' voices don't sound alike, either, thanks to Liquid's marked accent.

But the actor is Cam Clarke who has one of the most distinct voices I have ever heard in a game. I can't stop thinking Leonardo is masquerading in various roles throughout video games and cartoons since the old Turtles cartoon aired.

Mr. Lemming said:
But the actor is Cam Clarke who has one of the most distinct voices I have ever heard in a game. I can't stop thinking Leonardo is masquerading in various roles throughout video games and cartoons since the old Turtles cartoon aired.

snake.gif
Snake: OK, Colonel, I'm inside the base. There's a Russian helicopter here being piloted by someone who talks like a Ninja Turtle with a bad British accent. How did a Ninja Turtle get a Russian helicopter?

campbell.gif
Campbell: Oh, don't worry about that. It's just a little detail for the sequel.

miller.gif
Miller: Snake, it's me, McDonnell Miller. If you have any questions about the ergonomics of videogaming, call me! And ignore the sound of helicopter rotors in the background, ha ha.

(With apologies to Toastyfrog)

AniHawk

Mr. Lemming said:

I never even remembered Leo's voice. Checking out IMDB a couple days ago, I was very surprised to see his name.

Cherubae

Orin GA said:
Terranigma:
Elder and that pink thingy guide were evil

Yes, Yomi rocks :) I still have my Yomi backpack hanging in my closet.

Xenogears
when you're running around Solaris and end up in the canned food factory. After eating and moving onto the next room, you discover the manufacturing room and that the food you ate was actually made out of people. That was truely nasty

Cherubae said:
Xenogears
when you're running around Solaris and end up in the canned food factory. After eating and moving onto the next room, you discover the manufacturing room and that the food you ate was actually made out of people. That was truely nasty

That's not really a plot twist, as it's called SOYLENT GREEN and its origin is thus mindbogglingly obvious.

Cue SNL sketch:
"It sure is nice that we have this endless supply of cheap, teal-colored wall paint. But ... do you ever wonder where it comes from?"
Enter Charleston Heston, shouting, "Soylent Teal is
made of people! IT'S PEOPLE!

etc. etc.

explodet

JackFrost2012 said:
Cue SNL sketch:
"It sure is nice that we have this endless supply of cheap, teal-colored wall paint. But ... do you ever wonder where it comes from?"
Enter Charleston Heston, shouting, "Soylent Teal is
made of people! IT'S PEOPLE!
My favorite part of that skit was the final "movie".

"Soylent Green is
still made of people! They didn't change the recipe like they said they would! IT'S STILL PEOPLE!!!!"
Hahaha

Top Bottom