• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Gets November Western Release Window | PS5 Version & More Announced

SEGA_2012

I finished the JP version three weeks ago. I don't have plans to buy the Western version.

Last edited:
Xenoblade, Persona, FF, like a dragon... 2020 will forever be remembered as "the year of the jrpg." Everyone agrees nothing else noteworthy happened in 2020, it's all jrpgs baby.

I already played a yakuza this year (judgement) and while they are amazing, they also kind of wear you down and get a bit exhausting. I would want to play a variety of other game types before playing another yakuza so soon...Normally. Since this has a new jrpg combat style however, I think I will go for it.

I've finished the JP version three weeks ago. I don't have plans to buy the Western version.

What did you think of it?

Last edited:
Both of you back off on the antagonizing theatrics or take it to DMs.

Thank you.
tenor.gif

They aren't really tied together. They said it will launch on Xbox One and then on Xbox Series X when the console is available. I doubt that's the release date of the console.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Justin9mm

Hyped, but dont care about english dub...this, like Ghost off Tsushima deeserve to be played in Japanese
I started GOT in English because of mo cap then switched to Japanese for a while and had to switch back to English because you cannot read and play at the same time.

I love world movies and would never want to watch any foreign film dubbed in English, how horrible but I'm very good at reading subtitles and watching the screen and if someone were to tell me playing GOT that they can read everything and play at the same time without missing anything at all would be lying!

Esca

I've been wanting to give this series a try. Any recommendations for which to play for someone that doesn't know much about the series?

This one looks cool and if I dig what I play from another I'll pick it up.

I've been wanting to give this series a try. Any recommendations for which to play for someone that doesn't know much about the series?

This one looks cool and if I dig what I play from another I'll pick it up.
Yakuza 0 would be the best place to start. If you have an Xbox One you can play it on Game Pass and then move right on to Kiwami 1 and 2 from there.

For the PS5 version, they posted an image saying TBA for both PS5 and Series X versions.
For the audio/dubs, already confirmed it's like they did in Judgment but also dual lip sync

OOMPH. Audio Synch for BOTH AUDIOS?!

This definitely convinced me to get the game.

.....which is weird considering I'll probably just play in Japanese anyway :|

Top Bottom