• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition | Hype Thread | We're Really Feeling It

Day 2
xenoblade_smoother_attract_by_alo81-d6njhz3.gif
Not long now

Title screen music:

Last edited:

TitanNut88

I’m around 13h in the game and I am liking it so far. For now, it is not as good as XBC2 (for me), but it is a very, very good game also. I guess it will get even better in the next hours.

Regarding how it looks, it is like a previous gen game. Beautiful locations but not great graphics or resolution. Very similar to XBC2. I think this game doesn’t need better graphics though. This game is about something else.

P.S. Update 1.1.1 is available now (day one patch?). Any idea on what does it contain?

Last edited:

martino

I think what he means is that, being made in Xenoblade 2's engine, by the studio that made Xenoblade 2, on the same hardware as Xenoblade 2, before this people were expecting it to more or less be on par or maybe a bit better technically than Xenoblade 2. It would be nice if it was better but while it is a disappointment, it's not one in terms of being a big shock. However, youtubers and shitposters who weren't particularly interested or following the game closely to begin with are expressing shock and trying to drum up hysteria. A same engine/hardware game looking like the game that came out a few years ago isn't impressive, but it's also not the basis for a scandal.

That being said, while a lot of people thought XC2 looked great, others felt it looked bad and some found it unplayable. That's your bench mark - if you thought it looked good, you'll probably think this looks good. If you thought XC2 was a really blurry mess, expect the same from XCDE.

indeed but i think we can exclude gamexplain from this.

Synless

X isn't actually locked, it has dynamic res just like X2 and X1DE, though it was probably masked well.

red_sclX=0.96
red_sclY=1.0

red_Auto=on
red_AtMaxX=0.96
red_AtMaxY=1.0
red_AtMinX=0.6
red_AtMinY=0.86
red_AtRate=100.0
Well, it must rarely if ever drop. Digital Foundry’s technical analysis shows it as a locked 720p. They never mentioned it being dynamic. Either way, it’s still something to say that the Wii U version was as damn good looking as it was without making blurring the screen to SNES levels of resolution.

Good video. Some interesting questions and good video footage.

About the armour, I'm in the same predicament....I've seen a costume for Riki where he's dressed like a pineapple. I don't remember that from the original. I would hate to play the entirety of the base game without dressing my furry volleyball like a pineapple! What to do, what to do...
686.jpg

I think Pinapple here is in the challenge mode for XCDE base game, the challenge mode has plenty of outfits but not sure if both base game and Future Connect have the same challenge mode. If future connect has new outfits outside of challenge mode or does not even have a challenge mode the I feel I should play Future Connected first so I can wear these new thing for more than 20 hours because once I am done with the main game going back is not likely unless I want to 100% it again.

I am not sure how they are going to deal with spoilers in the first Area of the game. You don't meet Pinapple head until much later. We all saw the booty clip showing our girl in new undies walking around town. That is just the first area, we have seen the challenge mode lights in the first area so that is where she got her new bikini set early.

My question would be if you go into challenge mode early can you still buy suits for Pinapple head which you meet later in the game?
Unless you cannot buys suits for characters not yet in your party.

Wish we had more info if the outfits are just cosmetic they won't help me much with the base game but if they have gems and attributes that can help early game I would want to play Future connected first to stock up.

Maybe play 90% of Future Connected go until the final boss door and then start the base game play 300 hours here and I'll have the final boss and whatever future game lore is shown in FC.

ugh wish I knew, all this because they made the outfits transferable between the two. Something Torna did not do. Can't even imagine if Torna transferred Blades from the base game over.

That should sound really good. I never bothers setting up surround sound for my gaming area. I was thinking about it for my computer area but the walls here are paper tin anyway and headphones would be safer if I want to hear more

nice work really wish I could join you modding

right now I am just looking foward to the grind I have been looking at youtube playthroughs and I see how rough it can look but nothing deal breaking

my first task and goal is to overlevel lol I was watching this youtuber in an area at level 26 in that same area I want to be at least level 48-50 lol

I got a lot of work ahead this weekend!

When do we open the OT? I think Japan is 24 hours away from Friday

Undocked, modified + overclocked images.

Enhanced screens look great

ugh wish I knew, all this because they made the outfits transferable between the two. Something Torna did not do. Can't even imagine if Torna transferred Blades from the base game over.

I'll play the base game first, unless you can get good costumes very early in Future Connected, then I might just lightly dip into it. I definitely don't want to play the epilogue before reliving the main adventure. I want that swimsuit for Melia too, but I was thinking Riki's pinapple and her green swimwear might be the same costume. If I remember correctly, there are different classes of armour that look different for each character, not individual armour that only a specific character can wear. I think I saw Shulk with Scuba gear, so I suspect Riki's pineapple, Melia's green swimsuit and Shulk's scuba might all actually be one outfit as it appears on 3 different characters.

The advantage of having played the 3DS version is that NOTHING can look bad to me now.

pft, that is just the advantage of being a Nintendo gamer. I've looked back at Zelda OoT OMG, and Mario 64 OMG them edges are sharp af.
We remember these these games as the best of the best. We left the Foggy Days behind, moved into low res textures, now we are at resolution wars, these days will pass.

someday... When people are making fun of Nintendo fans for playing games capped at 1440P we will look back at these good ole days

Oh it be that time already?

edit: be sure to down vote IGN's review for calling charming nopon kids annoying

Last edited:
I need someone to here to create an OT for this game, I don't want to have to visit resetera for an OT, get to it OP

I might as well go to GameFAQs

Terce

For you XC2 folks, does the Torna expansion change anything about the base game or is it only a separate story? I'm about 10 hours in and just learning about the DLC now, if it's something that affects the main game then I'll get it and start over, but if not then I'll just pick it up when I'm finished.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My order has moved to "getting ready"

For you XC2 folks, does the Torna expansion change anything about the base game or is it only a separate story? I'm about 10 hours in and just learning about the DLC now, if it's something that affects the main game then I'll get it and start over, but if not then I'll just pick it up when I'm finished.

The Torna expansion is seperate. I would recommend playing the main game and then playing Torna after.

Last edited:

There is Torna but there is also DLC stuff for the main game that gives you extras for the main game such as new rare Blades and more sidequests for them, it does not require you to start over since 10 hours in is not that far along. I am having trouble remembering if this was paid DLC or just free stuff I know some of it must have been free updates but the last batch was very special.

I do recommend Torna and any DLC you are missing though. Just be sure you are not missing any cool Blades because some of the best ones came much later in the game's development towards the release of Torna.

Last edited:
Top Bottom