• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition | Hype Thread | We're Really Feeling It

Zenaku

3 hours and 43 minutes until the Japanese eShop version goes live.

Time to stuff my face with food, and go buy tons of snacks to keep me happy while I play. I'll be going straight into FC, as while I will play and love the main game again I really want to know what the future might have in store. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend the last few days of lockdown.

Malakhov

Banned
Now the dilemma as a non native english speaker:
-Playing with the original japanese voices with voices that fit the characters but not getting almost any of the party banter
-Playing with the horrible English VA that gives 16 years old kids as Shulk or Reyn the voices of 30 years old adults but getting the Party Banter.

When those fuckers will start adding subtitles to party banter?
I really enjoy the English VA so far, one of the best I've heard in a long while

Quezacolt

Now the dilemma as a non native english speaker:
-Playing with the original japanese voices with voices that fit the characters but not getting almost any of the party banter
-Playing with the horrible English VA that gives 16 years old kids as Shulk or Reyn the voices of 30 years old adults but getting the Party Banter.

When those fuckers will start adding subtitles to party banter?
Just go with the original voices. It's what i did when i played it on the wii. Sure the english dub is good, but to me, the voices still dont fit the characters at all.

It was NOA's fault we got the voices we did, NOE did the work because Nintendo of America did not want to release the game here. I don't mind the voices Xenoblade just does not sound like Xenoblade without them, they should always go to the UK for english voice in Xeno games.

Haters can enjoy the Japanese, French, Spanish or whatever you are no lacking choices

Ma-Yuan

It was NOA's fault we got the voices we did, NOE did the work because Nintendo of America did not want to release the game here. I don't mind the voices Xenoblade just does not sound like Xenoblade without them, they should always go to the UK for english voice in Xeno games.

Haters can enjoy the Japanese, French, Spanish or whatever you are no lacking choices

There is only a English and Japanese dub. At least I am not aware of any other.

To be honest I'm not really feeling future connected. I'll play it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but one of the things I'm most looking forward to is trying to exploit the chain attack mechanic and see what kind of higher level monsters I can beat and what sort of crazy damage numbers I can get. So hearing they removed chain attack from future connected, combined with reviewers saying it's quite short, makes me more interested in revisiting the main adventure.

Ulysses 31

To be honest I'm not really feeling future connected. I'll play it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but one of the things I'm most looking forward to is trying to exploit the chain attack mechanic and see what kind of higher level monsters I can beat and what sort of crazy damage numbers I can get. So hearing they removed chain attack from future connected, combined with reviewers saying it's quite short, makes me more interested in revisiting the main adventure.
That shouldn't be so surprising since the main adventure is the meat of the game.

You can always play Future Connected for the swimsuits to use in the main game. :lollipop_grinning: :lollipop_grinning: :lollipop_grinning:

Quezacolt

10:27 PM
Thursday, May 28, 2020 (GMT+9)
Time in Tokyo, Japan

Sigh

ah the rest are subbed?
I don't know this because I never checked the NOE version but yeah I guess that would be right
Yeah, there's only one english dub. No game ever had 2 dubs of the same language, that would be a waste of resources.

Kotaku: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition's new chapter is light-hearted fun

uhx4cvp4wivmsgefsm9d.mp4

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Playing it on my switch lite and what the fucking hell is the fuss about the resolution. Yes it's not native it looks soft but the TA has been improved in my opinion and it's not mud smeared image at all. Cut scenes at least the initial ones seem to run at the 540p max which is fine. So far it's awesome. Didn't patch it yet would require a system update. To lazy to wait.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Who is making the OT?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Don't knock it till you try it, it's better than the joycons, only wish they had gyro.......also no drift.
Like i said bet it holds nice.
But it looks so freaking fugly haha.

Tbh a cacti holds better then the joycons ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I’m shocked they did orig Xeno first, because X is pretty much ready to go. As is, it would look gorgeous on the Switch, and that’s before any possible resolution enhancements or clean-up.

It’s absolutely perfect for Switch in every way.
I believe they had an interview where they said that X would need to be re-created from the ground up to run on the Switch and that it would be a massive undertaking.

They don't have rumble either, right? I seriously considered getting those when I had to replace a Joycon recently. I could see it being comfortable, but I'd miss not having rumble.

I want to know about the rumble as well. Actually I was reading some reviews (which tend to give 9s and 10s when the reviewer is familiar enough with the game to know the characters' names btw) and one reviewer said that the way they use rumble makes it easy to perfectly time the affinity boost and chain attack extension button prompts. For people unfamiliar, if you time the button press perfectly so that you do it while the circle touches the edge, instead of just inside the circle, you get double the boost to tension and triple the affinity increase. Doing so in a Chain link also extension increases the chance of another link.

jshackles

X Marks the Spot: Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch?

As the sun set on our conversation, I ask Takahashi a question that's admittedly predictable, but burns my soul nevertheless: "Is there a chance we'll see a port of the Wii U's Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch?" Like many excellent games on the failed console, Xenoblade Chronicles X faded into relative obscurity and is deserving of new life on the Switch.

[Pounds fists on table] Mechs-on-Switch! Mechs-on-Switch!
"Well, the future at present is unclear," Takahashi says, which is the same answer I received when I ask about the possibility of a Xenoblade Chronicles 3. "Personally speaking, I'd love to play the game on the Switch, but it would be really difficult to make it."

When it comes to roadblocks that stand in the way of Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch, Takahashi's answer is simple.

"Money," he laughs. "It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."

With so many Wii U ports popping up on the Switch, it's easy to forget developers can't just wave a magic wand that dumps code from one console to the next. Still, let's hold onto the hope Xenoblade Chronicles X comes to the Switch. The world deserves to have the New Los Angeles theme pumped into their ears.

I believe they had an interview where they said that X would need to be re-created from the ground up to run on the Switch and that it would be a massive undertaking.

It has online functionally to organise and stuff too. It would be a big job and monolift have their hands full. Plus the game's reception was somewhat lukewarm too, at least compared to Xenoblade.

It's definitely a bit hopeful but luckily nintendo are making sure every single wiiu game gets ported lol

-Arcadia-

Banned

See, I don’t get that. Why would it need to be recreated? It’s fine as is, and many, many other games have shown that Wii U to Switch ports are very doable and profitable, even niche and third party games.

While I understand that porting isn’t always the simple process it appears to be, especially for a game of this enormity, the answer still makes no sense to the point where I wonder if something wasn’t lost in translation, either in the question, or the answer.

The way he’s talking, seems like a remake.

Top Bottom