• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S Carbon Black Announced | Xbox Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

FyXFRzQacAAxO54

Power Your Dreams with the all-digital Xbox Series S in Carbon Black, featuring 1TB SSD.

Coming September 1st for $349 (ERP).*

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
A. if Microsoft hadn't turned me off the Xbox ecosystem, I'd be all over this. All black and that small will look very very sleek. Nicest looking available home console for sure.

B. remember when slim consoles used to launch with double the storage and a price cut?

Celcius

°Temp. member
It looks sooooo much better in black than having the body be white with that black circle on top.
That being said they're charging FAR too much for this in a world where the ps5 is $400.

jm89

And that's just USA.

Heres stock in the UK, and many other retailers have it aswell

Heres europe(france), again many other retailers have it.

Series s just got even worse in value, if it wasn't already.

Last edited:

jm89

Must have finally restocked recently. Literally hasn't been in stock since early last year, and hasn't been on store shelves since 2020 lol.
Well yeah disc console has had stock issues since early last year aswell, wasn't just a digital stock issue.

This year digital is reguarly in stock, and not hard to get at all.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
350... this is so close to ps5. Who in their right mind would want a series s
edit: I got console warring warning for this post. Seriously... ps5 is 50$. I am not warring. This is objective fact? Am I touching a touchy subject or what

Last edited:

cireza

To play Xbox games ? To have Game Pass ? Without having to put 500$ in Series X ? That's probably a lot of people.

Last edited:

simpatico

My son has gotten a ton of mileage out of his Series S. We've got good internet so I don't think storage would make him want to upgrade. When he's my age he's gonna look back at GamePass era being his golden years of gaming. No chance he would have gotten his hands on that many titles without that service. I wish I had it back then. These are great consumer machines for casual and/or young gamers. I hope this doesn't replace the regular S. I think it's got price point magic.

I don't think it's aimed at people who take the time to post vBulletin messages about video games.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Definitely day one, will replace my Xbox One X in my bedroom so I can play Starfield in bed.

Leonidas

$50 too high IMO. I bought a PS5 digital over a year ago for only $50 more. I'll probably get it when it drops to $300 and finally retire my OG XB1.

I am getting it mostly for 360 & OG Xbox BC since I already have a powerful PC.

Last edited:
edit: I got console warring warning for this post. Seriously... ps5 is 50$. I am not warring. This is objective fact? Am I touching a touchy subject or what

Don’t worry I got a warning simply saying Xbox don’t have enough games I care about, seems like some mods have their panties in twist.

You may have hurt someone‘s feelings would be my guess for stating a fact my friend.

Last edited:

demigod

Interesting to see how this pans out. If it's legitimately just another option, then that's ok.

However if they phase out the original model then this is just a price rise. For Microsoft, securing 1tb of NVME storage instead of 512gb in bulk does not cost 50 dollars per unit.
Exactly, considering nvmes have been going down in price.

Top Bottom